Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinyl Scratch

Okay, I took some advice and applied mascara and basic foundation, I am actually pleased that I have managed to keep a ''natural look'' and at the same time look better, at least in my opinion, bear in mind this is my first time applying foundation :P

W/ Light Foundation and Mascara

http://imgur.com/a/r4KRo

W/Out any makeup

http://imgur.com/a/177d2

^-^

•  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: Vinyl Scratch on December 19, 2015, 05:18:00 PM
Well, here are some of my first pictures in a very long time!  :-X :-X

4th picture is the best

Just took them down stairs using my crappy laptop camera but I think they came out okay. I am pre HRT at the moment, this is with very little makeup (usually how I roll), shaved face (this morning, shave every morning) and about to go out for a stroll.

I would like to know (in a constructive way) do I have naturally feminine features or at least no overly masculine ones? Always been told I have a ''baby face'' and was often mistaken as a girl pre puberty.

Any advice? Bear in mind I hate wearing lots of makeup  ;D

Sorry if I ask you too weird question, but do you want to pass as a girl or do you want a androgen expression? (I don't want to misgender you or coming with weird tips)
Actually you're not passing as a female now. You are more at the masculine side. The main thing is your mustache and your hairstyle choice. That hairstyle and the facial hair is considered as guy in our society. If you really want to pass as a female, I would recommend you to get rid of your facial hair and choice a feminine hairstyle. You can go for short hair, as long you grow it a bit longer and give it a feminine shape. Maybe more hair would help a bit. Thinning the eyebrows and having brighter colored - more female fashioned clothes would help a lot too. HRT etc. would help as well.

But if you want a androgen expression, you can go for brighter and more colorful clothes and shave your mustache. And you don't need to change so much more at your look to appear more androgen. Anyway, your nose is feminine. So you have some feminine features. Your head shape is androgen.

(Sorry if I misunderstood you. At your gender marker it's marked Androgen. I'm not so good with these terms. English isn't my main language and I hasn't learned all the terms yet. So I'm not sure if you're genderfluid, genderqueer or a (trans) woman)
  •  

Vinyl Scratch

Quote from: Sebby Michelango on December 20, 2015, 11:58:33 AM
Sorry if I ask you too weird question, but do you want to pass as a girl or do you want a androgen expression? (I don't want to misgender you or coming with weird tips)
Actually you're not passing as a female now. You are more at the masculine side. The main thing is your mustache and your hairstyle choice. That hairstyle and the facial hair is considered as guy in our society. If you really want to pass as a female, I would recommend you to get rid of your facial hair and choice a feminine hairstyle. You can go for short hair, as long you grow it a bit longer and give it a feminine shape. Maybe more hair would help a bit. Thinning the eyebrows and having brighter colored - more female fashioned clothes would help a lot too. HRT etc. would help as well.

But if you want a androgen expression, you can go for brighter and more colorful clothes and shave your mustache. And you don't need to change so much more at your look to appear more androgen. Anyway, your nose is feminine. So you have some feminine features. Your head shape is androgen.

(Sorry if I misunderstood you. At your gender marker it's marked Androgen. I'm not so good with these terms. English isn't my main language and I hasn't learned all the terms yet. So I'm not sure if you're genderfluid, genderqueer or a (trans) woman)

Okay just going to point out a couple of things here:

1) That is an old post, posted a more recent one with light makeup.

2) I have listed my self as Androgen as I feel I have both gender traits though I want to look more feminine and are going to be transitioning to a female body. Meaning I will be having full HRT and SRS

3) Yes, I know obviously that the facial hair is a problem, though like many people I simply don't have the money for electrolysis, the best I can do atm is cover it up with makeup as that is my only choice or pay for expensive bleaching. These pictures are freshly shaved.

4) The hair, I agree is a bit short at the moment, however it is going to always be medium length, long hair does not suit me so I am going for the fringe / gender neutral sort of looking hair

5) Clothing isn't important to me , I just wear what feels comfortable and am not aiming to pass based on what I wear, I've always identified as a tomboy type of Androgen / female so hoodies, t-shirt, jeans etc are the way to go for me :)  I am investing in some more brightly coloured clothes again at the moment but money is the issue.

Overall I want to achieve an Androgen look not a feminine female look if that makes sense?

Here are some ideas

http://media.vogue.com/r/h_480,w_480//wp-content/uploads/2015/07/28/00001Androgynous-Models.jpg

http://img04.deviantart.net/0832/i/2011/178/6/6/androgynous_by_xxsumi_chanxx-d3k6469.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/27308886/superthumb.jpg

That last one especially, I would LOVE to achieve that sort of look :)
  •  

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: Vinyl Scratch on December 20, 2015, 08:01:23 AM
Thank you for the honest advice, I know I don't look like a girl in this state :P

Yeah the eyebrows for me are always a bit of a mystery, still trying to perfect them, trust me , believe it or not they were 5 times worse than they are now!  I will start wearing mascara and in fact have some in my cupboard, I am not sure which foundation to use though, any advice?

I had this issue to and what I did was go to European Wax center. They are very trans friendly and from the beginning the computer had me as female so things would ring up as "Women's Brow Waxing", etc. I told them I was trans and transitioning and needed my brows shaped in a feminine arch. It doesn't happen right away, but within 2-3 visits I started to get a really feminine arch. I still go every 3 weeks and do the maintenance myself. Each visit is $18 plus tip, but is so worth it to me. Also the wax they use is almost pain free, (compared to electrolysis) and they even do nose hair, which I don't need now thanks to HRT.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Nyana

•  

T90

Quote from: T90 on December 19, 2015, 05:37:55 PM
How likely is it that I could ever pass (with HRT a possibility)? I can't bear taking photos of myself, so I can only post this one from a couple of years ago. The main difference between this photo and now, is that my hair is sleeker and parted at the side now. (Obviously this is a pre everything photo, as it's only this month that I've had my very first therapy session) One thing that is probably in my favour is that i'm only 5 foot 5 inches tall, and very slim.

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/tn90/media/406390_3073214318516_289720205_n_zpsff3529a1.jpg.html

I hope no one minds be bumping my own post, but I think the original got lost in the thread.
  •  

Jade_404

How likely is it that I could ever pass (with HRT a possibility)? I can't bear taking photos of myself, so I can only post this one from a couple of years ago. The main difference between this photo and now, is that my hair is sleeker and parted at the side now. (Obviously this is a pre everything photo, as it's only this month that I've had my very first therapy session) One thing that is probably in my favour is that i'm only 5 foot 5 inches tall, and very slim.

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/tn90/media/406390_3073214318516_289720205_n_zpsff3529a1.jpg.html

Not passing yet, but I see no problems for you. HRT does soften facial features, like lips and fat distribution. Your eyes and cheeks are soft now so thats a good start. Your hair is awesome. Your chin and mouth area should soften on HRT and even with some makeup contouring, practice now, I bet you could pass. Black and white photo makes it hard to tell for me. It seems to accent the shadow areas of the male muscle structures in your face and neck.

-Jade
I've been afraid of changing, cuz I built my life around you.
but time makes you bolder, children get older , I'm getting older too.
  •  

Harley Quinn

You could pass very easily with makeup and getting your eyebrows groomed. The biggest difference between looking male or female is attention to grooming standards. Thin arched brows, clean shave, and evened skin tone (makeup hiding your naturally larger pores) will soften your face for a feminine appearance. HRT will be icing on the cake...

Quote from: T90 on December 20, 2015, 05:43:55 PM
I hope no one minds be bumping my own post, but I think the original got lost in the thread.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Mickie

Quote from: Vinyl Scratch on December 20, 2015, 12:13:27 PM

Okay just going to point out a couple of things here:

1) That is an old post, posted a more recent one with light makeup.

2) I have listed my self as Androgen as I feel I have both gender traits though I want to look more feminine and are going to be transitioning to a female body. Meaning I will be having full HRT and SRS

3) Yes, I know obviously that the facial hair is a problem, though like many people I simply don't have the money for electrolysis, the best I can do atm is cover it up with makeup as that is my only choice or pay for expensive bleaching. These pictures are freshly shaved.

4) The hair, I agree is a bit short at the moment, however it is going to always be medium length, long hair does not suit me so I am going for the fringe / gender neutral sort of looking hair

5) Clothing isn't important to me , I just wear what feels comfortable and am not aiming to pass based on what I wear, I've always identified as a tomboy type of Androgen / female so hoodies, t-shirt, jeans etc are the way to go for me :)  I am investing in some more brightly coloured clothes again at the moment but money is the issue.

Overall I want to achieve an Androgen look not a feminine female look if that makes sense?

Here are some ideas

http://media.vogue.com/r/h_480,w_480//wp-content/uploads/2015/07/28/00001Androgynous-Models.jpg

http://img04.deviantart.net/0832/i/2011/178/6/6/androgynous_by_xxsumi_chanxx-d3k6469.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/27308886/superthumb.jpg

That last one especially, I would LOVE to achieve that sort of look :)
Welcome to the club!

Ironically, I've used some of those same pics for inspiration on how I want to look

Tomboys rule anyway ;P
Dude, do you even normal?
  •  

T90

Quote from: Jade_404 on December 20, 2015, 06:29:33 PM
Not passing yet, but I see no problems for you. HRT does soften facial features, like lips and fat distribution. Your eyes and cheeks are soft now so thats a good start. Your hair is awesome. Your chin and mouth area should soften on HRT and even with some makeup contouring, practice now, I bet you could pass. Black and white photo makes it hard to tell for me. It seems to accent the shadow areas of the male muscle structures in your face and neck.

-Jade

Thank you for your comment (and Harley Quinn's comment too). It's a totally natural picture so I'd no expectation of passing at all, but it's good to know that I have potential, as I'm currently sitting here unshaven and feeling miserable by thinking that it'll be impossible for me to ever pass. I'm probably luckier than most though as I'm sure a lot of girls on here would have liked to have started out at 5 foot 5 inches tall.
  •  

kittenpower

5' 5" is a really good height, and you definitely do have a lot of potential.
  •  

Melanie ♡

Quote from: Vinyl Scratch on December 20, 2015, 11:45:23 AM
Okay, I took some advice and applied mascara and basic foundation, I am actually pleased that I have managed to keep a ''natural look'' and at the same time look better, at least in my opinion, bear in mind this is my first time applying foundation :P

W/ Light Foundation and Mascara

http://imgur.com/a/r4KRo

W/Out any makeup

^-^

I am now getting laser for $200 for 6 treatments, and I was kicked out of my parents house and I'm broke as hell, etc... so I got a really good deal, just try looking round your area, even though I understand it depends on where you live! Anyhow... There is some really good tutorial for covering beard shadow...  (usually you need an orange colored concealer to cover the beard shadow which is a blue tone I think, I never really used that method, because I have a good foundation, anyhow after the concealer you just use foundation to layer it over), In the picture where you are wearing very very light make up, it's so light I can't see much also the pictures are kind abad quality, anyway the lip shadow is still there... You don't need a light foundation, you need something that covers it very well, because a beard shadow is really hard to cover with "light makeup", I hate wearing foundation too (especially because I only need it to cover the beard), but I still need to shave every morning so I need to use a good one.

I would suggest you to invest some money in good foundation it doesn't have to be super expensive I got mine from Target, just get a really good coverage, try out the colors and see which one looks best on you with daylight, if you can't do it by yourself you can ask for help at stores... Maybe Sephora or Mac. If that sounds expensive I must tell you that it's best to get a really good quality foundation, and maybe you can go cheaper on other products, because your skin is really important.

I believe you about the eyebrows, it takes time, I started working on them since I was in middle school I think, if not earlier, and it takes a while to get them together, if you go to a spa or something, it's easier of course...

Also, I looked at some of your models of androgen looks that you were looking at, I think that most of these models were assigned female at birth, and/or teenagers (and they have different features and bone structure than you, also the clothes they are wearing works well on them because of their body shape, etc...  :-\) So it may be very hard for you to achieve that particular look... Anyhow the earlier you start with HRT and hair removal, the faster results will come! Good luck again!  ;) :)
  •  

Melanie ♡

I don't know if I can answer the hrt possibility, because that is only genetic play and luck mostly (and it depends from person to person, some get incredible results, and others don't), and also how soon your start, anyhow, the fact that you're slim and average tall it's a plus of course (I'm 5'5'' too btw), but people cans till misgender you if you're average tall or short, I think 5'5'' is kinda average for women, and on the short side for men. I agree with the other girls tho, you can pass every easily, the long hair is nice because you can use it to frame your face in a more female manner, and just trim your eyebrows with a more female arch, that helps A LOT. Also, use make up to cover the beard shadow, and some light eye make up like adding some mascara will feminize a lot too, you don't have to go crazy with the make up but the foundation is important, most girls have a very clear soft skin, and foundation also helps with giving the skin a more radiant a female glow sometimes (hrt will help with that too, as well as moving fat around your face so you will look rounder).
  •  

Melanie ♡

Quote from: archlord on December 20, 2015, 10:13:19 AM
For anyone who think that he is to muscular to transition , i have a surprise for you, it is totally possible to lose the bulk and look like a woman .

i just found 2 pictures of me, one of 2012 and one of july 2013(at my best shape) . I thought that i had no pictures of me at this time but i found them in my brother computer.

yesterday :

Dont lose hope =) Everything is possible with motivation.   Wishing everyone merry xmas and happy new year  ;)

Your transition is incredible, you look gorgeous!
  •  

Vinyl Scratch

Quote from: Melanie ♡ on December 20, 2015, 11:51:42 PM
I am now getting laser for $200 for 6 treatments, and I was kicked out of my parents house and I'm broke as hell, etc... so I got a really good deal, just try looking round your area, even though I understand it depends on where you live! Anyhow... There is some really good tutorial for covering beard shadow...  (usually you need an orange colored concealer to cover the beard shadow which is a blue tone I think, I never really used that method, because I have a good foundation, anyhow after the concealer you just use foundation to layer it over), In the picture where you are wearing very very light make up, it's so light I can't see much also the pictures are kind abad quality, anyway the lip shadow is still there... You don't need a light foundation, you need something that covers it very well, because a beard shadow is really hard to cover with "light makeup", I hate wearing foundation too (especially because I only need it to cover the beard), but I still need to shave every morning so I need to use a good one.

I would suggest you to invest some money in good foundation it doesn't have to be super expensive I got mine from Target, just get a really good coverage, try out the colors and see which one looks best on you with daylight, if you can't do it by yourself you can ask for help at stores... Maybe Sephora or Mac. If that sounds expensive I must tell you that it's best to get a really good quality foundation, and maybe you can go cheaper on other products, because your skin is really important.

I believe you about the eyebrows, it takes time, I started working on them since I was in middle school I think, if not earlier, and it takes a while to get them together, if you go to a spa or something, it's easier of course...

Also, I looked at some of your models of androgen looks that you were looking at, I think that most of these models were assigned female at birth, and/or teenagers (and they have different features and bone structure than you, also the clothes they are wearing works well on them because of their body shape, etc...  :-\) So it may be very hard for you to achieve that particular look... Anyhow the earlier you start with HRT and hair removal, the faster results will come! Good luck again!  ;) :)

Look, I get the point but I am not THAT concerned about phyiscal appearance

Again I will state I can't afford anything at the moment and have more important things to spend money on like food and rent than hair removal.

I use a light foundation because it matches my Skin tone very well, looks natural and I am not looking to cake myself in orange foundation / makeup just to hide a little shadow.

Thanks also for pointing out the fact that I am not going to look like a model, that is pretty obvious, I was stating the look I was aiming for.

I find your comments really not constructive and would appreciate it if you could not comment on any further pictures I post. I was asking whether I had any feminine features / had any chance of passing in the future and all your doing is pointing out how much I don't look feminine, telling me to do the same as you and shooting down aspirations I have.

Thank you.
  •  

Vinyl Scratch

Quote from: Mickie on December 20, 2015, 06:41:18 PM
Welcome to the club!

Ironically, I've used some of those same pics for inspiration on how I want to look

Tomboys rule anyway ;P

Thank you, glad to be part of the club :D

Yeah they were some of the best looking ones I could find, tomboys forever!  :police:
  •  

Punzie

So I was curious and figured I'd get another person's opinion.

http://i.imgur.com/5nNEVxS.jpg

On the left is me with just my face, hair back, and hat. (I know I look terrible lol) On the right is with my eyebrows edited and hair in the front. (I think I look better smiling o .o) I didn't put on makeup either. I haven't started HRT yet so I know I probably don't pass but do you think I might have a shot for now if I just get my eyebrows done (sort of like the picture on the right)? I'm scared of going out in public en femme because I know my eyebrows are waaay too masculine atm and I'm afraid of screwing them up by plucking them myself. I kind of want to try to stay natural for now and only rely on makeup if I really need it... which I probably do but yeaaaah.
My Journey
9/1/2015 Fully accepted myself as Transgender
9/24/2015 First Therapy Session with Therapist
9/25/2015 Joined Susan's Place
2/?/2016 ~ Hopefully starting HRT!
  •  

Vinyl Scratch

The eyebrows did a world of good for you!  For pre HRT this looks amazing and I think your really attractive:)
  •  

iKate

Quote from: Punzie on December 21, 2015, 09:19:00 AM
So I was curious and figured I'd get another person's opinion.

http://i.imgur.com/5nNEVxS.jpg

On the left is me with just my face, hair back, and hat. (I know I look terrible lol) On the right is with my eyebrows edited and hair in the front. (I think I look better smiling o .o) I didn't put on makeup either. I haven't started HRT yet so I know I probably don't pass but do you think I might have a shot for now if I just get my eyebrows done (sort of like the picture on the right)? I'm scared of going out in public en femme because I know my eyebrows are waaay too masculine atm and I'm afraid of screwing them up by plucking them myself. I kind of want to try to stay natural for now and only rely on makeup if I really need it... which I probably do but yeaaaah.

The brows make a subtle difference but it can be make or break. I think you look good either way.
  •