Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Changing gender marker in school records?

Started by makipu, August 09, 2015, 04:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makipu

How can I request the gender marker to be changed from the college I graduated from?  Do I have to provide documentation or can I just do it over the phone?  I really don't want to do this face to face. I don't want to keep getting "Ms.____" alumni stuff in the mail. Any successful experiences with changing school records?
I am male because I say so and nothing more.
I don't have to look or act like one therefore.
  •  

Mariah

The way to insure it gets changed is to provide documentation. Identification and possibly birth certificate would help too. The info they have should easily filter the alumni. I know when my name changed I was able to tell te alumni and no documentation was required. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

DrummerGirl

I was able to change my school records and diploma.  Try googling your school name and the words "name change" or "gender change".  For my school, the name change form allowed me to change my gender at the same time.  I also had to fill out a separate form to get a diploma with my new name on it.  If the school website does not have a page for name and gender changes, you can try calling the school's registrar's office and asking how to proceed.

Edit: Also, I just had to provide a copy of my driver's license and the official court order for my name change.

•  

makipu

Thank you for the information. I googled it but nothing comes up regarding gender change (I don't want my name to change) I guess I can call the registrar's office and eventually send them my ID (I hope that's the only thing that's needed because my birth certificate is not a U.S. one and I won't be able to change the gender marker anyways since I will never go that place.
I am male because I say so and nothing more.
I don't have to look or act like one therefore.
  •