News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Is this normal?

Started by Ilmari, February 09, 2015, 03:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allison Wunderland

It's entirely normal.

Gender dysphoria is about being unsettled toward your gender. Let me boldly suggest that you may find yourself dysphoric in the other gender too. I do that, minute to minute.

There's not a lot of resolution in "not cis- M, not cis-F." I present cis-M, ultimately, bottom line, stand to pee now & then. No attempt to "pass" as cis-F, or even "trans-F" for that matter.

We donned the full-spectrum attire last night, blouse, skirt, jewelry. Feels great, and  very much integrated w/ my gender ID. I don't pass, not in the light of day. It's a costume, but so is a coat/tie for me.

Let's note here that I'm 67, not sexually active, not w/ other people. Sexual orientation is toward cis-F -- as a female gender orientation myself.

And there are days when I just plain want not to need to decide, and elements in my wardrobe that cross gender pretty seamlessly. There are things that I don't view as gender markers: shaved  body hair, shoulder length head hair, 6 earrings in lobes which is pretty "female," unisex mix/match. There's a middle ground. No surgery, no hormones. "Transition" becomes subtle changes in outward presentation.

The obvious consideration I'm not required to make regards sexual partners. Gender is not so complicated when it doesn't include relationships. That's my boat, not yours.

Have you figured out your "history"" -- who you were, who you are becomming? You're still "you" same as always, but when you switch presentation, people will notice. And so, are you integrating identities? Or are you letting go of one fragmented ID in order to adopt another fragmented pole in the hetero-normative dyad?

Very complicated choices, many affecting physical health, endocrine balance, reproduction, social integration, possibly career options.

It's normal to have ambivalant feelings.
"Let us appropriate & subvert the semiotic hegemony of the hetero-normative dyad."

"My performativity has changed since reading Dr. Judith Butler, Ph.D., Berkeley."
  •  

buttertly

Quote from: Allison Wunderland on September 12, 2015, 02:08:57 PM
It's entirely normal.

Gender dysphoria is about being unsettled toward your gender. Let me boldly suggest that you may find yourself dysphoric in the other gender too. I do that, minute to minute.

There's not a lot of resolution in "not cis- M, not cis-F." I present cis-M, ultimately, bottom line, stand to pee now & then. No attempt to "pass" as cis-F, or even "trans-F" for that matter.

We donned the full-spectrum attire last night, blouse, skirt, jewelry. Feels great, and  very much integrated w/ my gender ID. I don't pass, not in the light of day. It's a costume, but so is a coat/tie for me.

Let's note here that I'm 67, not sexually active, not w/ other people. Sexual orientation is toward cis-F -- as a female gender orientation myself.

And there are days when I just plain want not to need to decide, and elements in my wardrobe that cross gender pretty seamlessly. There are things that I don't view as gender markers: shaved  body hair, shoulder length head hair, 6 earrings in lobes which is pretty "female," unisex mix/match. There's a middle ground. No surgery, no hormones. "Transition" becomes subtle changes in outward presentation.

The obvious consideration I'm not required to make regards sexual partners. Gender is not so complicated when it doesn't include relationships. That's my boat, not yours.

Have you figured out your "history"" -- who you were, who you are becomming? You're still "you" same as always, but when you switch presentation, people will notice. And so, are you integrating identities? Or are you letting go of one fragmented ID in order to adopt another fragmented pole in the hetero-normative dyad?

Very complicated choices, many affecting physical health, endocrine balance, reproduction, social integration, possibly career options.

It's normal to have ambivalant feelings.
I've been on HRT for three years, now I'm lonely and broken. On the bright side, I kicked a transphobic shop attendant the other day. He was a prick and I embarrassed the crap out of him. So good to finally fight back.
  •