Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

laser hair removal did nothing, would electrolysis?

Started by jaybutterfly, August 21, 2015, 05:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybutterfly

Ok, so I tried some laser hair removal over a few months, and sadly it's barely made a dent in the hair round my neck, shoulders and upper back. It was costly as well so Im pretty dissappointed. Im looking into getting as much body hair removed as I can:

stomach
back
shoulders
legs and backside
hands and feet
monobrow hair
upper arms
neck

so I know this is going to take a hell of a lot of time, but I cant shave all of it myself and well... It's bothering me to say the least. I'm looking for something permanent and wondered what people thought of electrolysis for hair removal. I have very thick almost black body hair and Im about as white as sour cream, so my hair is pretty obvious
  •  

katrinaw

Apart from HRT reducing or eliminating much unwanted hair, like body and reducing in limbs etc... Electrolysis is the only permanent way if you have anything other than dark hair. Which is where I am heading as I am fair with fair to grey hair.

In theory Laser should work well for you, light skin dark hair! hair grows in cycles so many visits are needed but over time they will decrease. The other thing is the type of Laser equipment, intensity of the zap? You may want to do some further research maybe, from what I hear Alexandrite based equipment delivers the best results...

Good luck

Katy xx
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

jeni

Electrolysis is guaranteed to have an effect, but as you say, it's expensive, time consuming, and hurts a LOT.

How many months and how many laser sessions have you had? It can take a while for its effects to be apparent, it can be hard to see how dense the hair is. I'm doing electrolysis on my face, but if necessary, will probably do laser on body hair, simply because I just can't imagine going through the electrolysis process for that much area...
-=< Jennifer >=-

•