Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Top Hair (Head Hair) Slowed growth from Spironolactone>

Started by Shawn Sunshine, August 22, 2015, 04:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn Sunshine

I wanted to know since Spiro usually slows hair growth on the body...would it then also slow it on your head? It is taking forvever now to get long hair. You can see by my avatar that on there is one year growth...well more like 10 months because I had cut it just a bit too much again at the end of last year.

Last Summer (First Day of Estrogen)

Last Week  :-*

Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Dee Marshall

Mine hasn't slowed, although much of the hair on my body is going at a glacial pace. I think it can vary quite a lot between people. Stunning transformation, by the way.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Dena

I saw sometime a long time back and if I remember correctly, it said the rate of hair growth is between a quarter of an inch a month or up to three quarters of an inch a month. It appears you are clocking in at around half and inch a month.
My hair is about three quarters of an inch a month and maybe a bit more but even at that, I have been growing it out for a short haircut starting around the time I joined Susan's about three months ago and I still have another couple of months before I have the length I need. I learned a valuable lesion and that is don't let my mother and my cutter get together when changing your style. It takes months to grown it back out.  :(
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Dena on August 22, 2015, 08:22:53 PM
I saw sometime a long time back and if I remember correctly, it said the rate of hair growth is between a quarter of an inch a month or up to three quarters of an inch a month. It appears you are clocking in at around half and inch a month.
My hair is about three quarters of an inch a month and maybe a bit more but even at that, I have been growing it out for a short haircut starting around the time I joined Susan's about three months ago and I still have another couple of months before I have the length I need. I learned a valuable lesion and that is don't let my mother and my cutter get together when changing your style. It takes months to grown it back out.  :(

There are books on moon phases when to cut. With plants its widely regarded. The best tea is collected on full moon (and consumed not too long after, depending on drying process :) )

The biotin supplements might make for up to 60% increase. Quite a few people reported that much growth, especially in the beginning, and then after a few weeks.

hugs
  •  

Serena

I didn't cut them for a year besides the bangs, and they are a bob shoulder length now... I think it's bad to cut your hair if you don't think their damaged, don't cut them, and I use spiro btw...
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Quote from: Dee Marshall on August 22, 2015, 07:59:33 PM
Mine hasn't slowed, although much of the hair on my body is going at a glacial pace. I think it can vary quite a lot between people. Stunning transformation, by the way.

Thank you.  I do see my face and hair looking nice now.  But the honest truth is my body still resembles a line backer for the 49ers

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Quote from: Dena on August 22, 2015, 08:22:53 PM

Ah ok I see what you are saying. Hmm well ok

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Quote from: Laura_7 on August 22, 2015, 08:57:36 PM
There are books on moon phases when to cut. With plants its widely regarded. The best tea is collected on full moon (and consumed not too long after, depending on drying process :) )

The biotin supplements might make for up to 60% increase. Quite a few people reported that much growth, especially in the beginning, and then after a few weeks.

hugs

Moon phases eh?  Wow week have to discover more

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Joelene9

My head hair increased. My silver ponytail is longer now then it was when it was auburn and not on HRT! My body hair decreased that it lacks visibility in some areas. Lunar phases? Hmmm.... I know something about that.

Joelene
  •  

mfox

+1 for Biotin.  I feel it's helped me, or at least hasn't hurt. :)
  •