Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Can I transition in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Started by blossom, March 27, 2016, 05:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blossom

I know their accepting of certain things, but what about people like us?
  •  

treeLB

Some of your questions, I find it hard to believe that you are being serious?

•  

FTMax

Yes. California may as well be the transgender capital of America.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Mariah

It's one of the most trans friendly places to transition so i would say yes. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

blossom

•  

Dena

Let me count the ways.

1. A very LGBT friendly government.

2. About a 30% gay population

3. The tenderloin

4. Regular diversity celebrations.

5. No other part of the country is as accepting as the bay area is.

I find it difficult to believe that you have lived in the area and were unaware of this information.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

blossom

well, I dealt with paranoid schizophrenia for a long time and that kept me indoors and locked in my room whenever possible. Long story.

Also,  why do you say the tenderloin? That's one of the dangerous areas of SF. Did you mean the Castro?
  •  

Dena

You need to learn a bit more history about the Tenderloin. About 40 years ago when I was starting my transition, I was looking at San Francisco because the Tenderloin was the only place I knew of that had a concentration of transsexuals. My doctor came up with something in the LA area which was much closer to home so I went there instead. To this day, there is still a large population of transgenders around the Tenderloin. The history also include the first war between people who are transgendered and the local government.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

blossom

The tenderloin isn't safe though even if many transsexuals live there. This is what locals have said.
  •  

allisonsteph

I transitioned in Sacramento and had zero problems. SF is a hundred times more open than Sacto is. While the Tenderloin isn't the safest part of the city, it's infinitely better than anything on the other end of the Bay Bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Ardua Tendit (She attempts difficult things)
  •  

Dena

Quote from: blossom on April 01, 2016, 04:19:05 PM
The tenderloin isn't safe though even if many transsexuals live there. This is what locals have said.
I never said you should move to the tenderloin but the fact that it exist and is accepted by the city of San Francisco indicates that the government and the citizens will accept you and your transition. I lived in Orange County California when I transitioned, a pretty conservative area and while it lacked anything like the tenderloin, I never had a bit of trouble from anybody when I transitioned or in the years after that. You need to understand that there is little to fear and if you use a little common sense and avoid dangerous areas, you will face no danger.
  •  

blossom

I never heard Sacramento called Sacto before.
  •  

Chloe Cloud

From what i've heard san francisco is supposed to be one of the most progressive cities in the world, there will always be people who judge but they're will always be people who accept, san francisco is one of the cities i'd love to move to one day too
  •  

Katiepie

Most of it is a very good area to be about transitioning. There will probably be a few that wont like it too much, but that's a handful of people in a mass that is generally accepting.
I would suggest that around Pacifica, certain areas of Millbrae, and even a few spots, say Oakland, Richmond, and the East Bay you would just need to be careful around.

Kate <3
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •