Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

My Recommended TG Movie List...

Started by ClaireIvene, April 10, 2015, 03:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClaireIvene

Hi everyone, just thought it would be kinda nice to make a list of recommended TG based movies. :) These are IMHO the best of the bunch of them I've seen...

1: Carlotta: Great true story based movie about the very influential Australian TW Carol Spencer who performed for "Les Girls" in Australia back in the 60's.

2: Soldiers Girl: Another great pick. A true story involving the love between a soldier and a TW.. very good and very sad.

3: Ma Vie En Rose: Good movie about a transgender child(French w/English subtitles avlbl.)

4: Princessa: The life of a TW living in Europe. Pretty sad though, but alas.

5: Different For Girls: A movie that conveyed trans issues and identity really well for it's release time.

Well there it is, some great well written and thought-out movies about transgender characters etc.
  •  

Lady Smith

Soldier's Girl is an outstanding movie and Lee Pace is superb in his portal of Calpernia Addams.
  •  

ClaireIvene

Quote from: Lady Smith on April 10, 2015, 06:55:48 AM
Soldier's Girl is an outstanding movie and Lee Pace is superb in his portal of Calpernia Addams.

Yes, Soldier's Girl is really good # 2 for me. It would be really nice if there were more well done movies with trans themes around... I know about ones like Ludwig and the Angry Inch, Breakfast on Pluto and such but those ones aren't my cup of eggnog though. I am really looking forward to watching XXY and She's the boy I knew, they look pretty good.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

"Boy Meets Girl" (2014) with Michelle Hendley. I laughed hard cried hard and found it to be completely wonderful! :)
  •  

Lady Smith

Quote from: ClaireIvene on April 10, 2015, 09:00:34 PM
Yes, Soldier's Girl is really good # 2 for me. It would be really nice if there were more well done movies with trans themes around... I know about ones like Ludwig and the Angry Inch, Breakfast on Pluto and such but those ones aren't my cup of eggnog though. I am really looking forward to watching XXY and She's the boy I knew, they look pretty good.

I borrowed XXY from our local library and was so impressed by it I have my own copy now.  Though I will make a trigger warning as there is a scene I found difficult to watch in the movie.
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Lady Smith

Call me Malcolm is available on You Tube.  I watched it last night and was glad I did.  The interview with Calpernia Addams was particularly poignant after already having watched the movie 'Soldier's Girl'.
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: Lady Smith on April 11, 2015, 07:37:52 PM
Call me Malcolm is available on You Tube.  I watched it last night and was glad I did.  The interview with Calpernia Addams was particularly poignant after already having watched the movie 'Soldier's Girl'.

I particularly liked that documentary, and figured you may like that specific interview from "Soldier's Girl".  :) Whenever I start to get into a slump with reconciling my gender identity with religion, I always go back to that film and it is like a breath of fresh air. 

Southern Comfort is also posted on Youtube.  I posted both videos below.

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

ClaireIvene

Cool, lots of new suggestions of good trans movies. I've not kept up on ftm trans stuff because I'm mtf but should give the other side some attention more in the trans community. I'll watch Southern Comfort tomorrow for sure and those other ones as time goes on.
  •  

Zumbagirl

What about Boy's don't Cry or Transamerica? They were both good movies as well.
  •  

LizardFaceLizzy

Boys don't cry is a fantastic movie.

Gendernaughts too, seriously. It's just so real.
  •