Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Having no one to Invite

Started by Martine A., September 07, 2015, 02:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martine A.

Hey

Netherlands here.
Since I am now down the path of slow evaluation, I was reading through what awaits me.

One check point is conversation between me and someone who knows me for long. That is, parent or partner were mentioned.

Technically, my mother could fly and still participate, but we would need a translator because she doesn't really speak any foreign language. It would be a mess of a horrible hassle more than anything else. That is, if she doesn't deny me when I come out.

It could also happen I have nobody to invite by the time that part of the evaluation comes. So, can someone tell me what will happen in this case? I don't have ppl who know me outside work and transwomen groups. I also don't really have much family left (mom is, that is). I don't have a partner, how can I have a partner when I want a man who sees me as a woman...
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

Laura_7

Well you might change your headline indicating its for people knowing how it is in the netherlands so more people might find the thread...

do you have a possibility to look on the internet for transgender groups in your language ?
There might be websites or meetups.
You might ask there.

hugs

•  

Martine A.

Hi

I thought of that. One thing crossed my mind, since that is supposed to be wpath compliant, perhaps there is no need to narrow the auditorium to Dutch locality.

It makes sense to me to skip a step that is simply not doable. I would have called the clinic to ask this if I was already scheduled for appointments. Since I am not, don't want to stir the water.

My primary language is a rare breed here; I am fine with using English.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •