Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Share the photos you have taken

Started by Naeree, September 13, 2015, 01:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

•  

Cindy

•  

Cindy

•  

Samantha C

Cindy,

I have never even seen a Eucalyptus Gum Nut really nice macro work you nailed that shot.
Phylidonyris novaehollandiae, I love them, I lived in was in California for and the first time I saw them I thought someone had hung a bunch of Bottle brushes off a tree, so I always called them bottle brush trees,  How much did you pay that bird to sit there long enough to get that shot...that truly is fantastic.  I tried very hard to get a close up of a humming bird when I was in CA but no joy there. 

Thanks for sharing some of the beautiful things in your life.

•  

Cindy

•  

Cindy

Thanks Samantha.

The Gum nut was the size of my finger nail, buried in a tree. I set up and just waited until the wind died down and nailed it first shot. Fluke!

The Honey Eater was in a bottle brush in my home, I took 300 shots and got 4 good ones. The other three are on display in a gallery at the moment.

Leaf Work is a project I have to see the effect of photoshopping an original.

I'm now also placing photos onto canvas and painting them into a scene, then re photographing and photoshopping to make a combination of film effect and texture - still playing with that.

I'm interested in changing texture and depth.
  •  

Naeree

Quote from: Cindy on September 16, 2015, 01:00:04 AM
Phylidonyris novaehollandiae   

Nice shot, perfect timing and focus. This is kind of shot that you have one chance to took it. Bird is one of the hard shoot, especially one with head hanging down :D

Quote from: Samantha C on September 15, 2015, 06:24:49 AM

love it, so beautiful. really nice light and color. This picture should be good on my living room's wall ^__^

Quote from: Matthew on September 15, 2015, 04:10:04 PM
I haven't had tons of oppurtunities so far so I'll share some of my faves :)

Always dream of Disney Land, seem like a fun starting

Laura_7

Quote from: Naeree on September 16, 2015, 04:42:43 AM
Nice shot, perfect timing and focus. This is kind of shot that you have one chance to took it. Bird is one of the hard shoot, especially one with head hanging down :D

Beautiful picture.

If someone plans to have them made more easy, there is a way to it:
most cams have plugs for external control.
Its possible to connect this with a motion sensor. The cam can be set to make a few pics in rapid succession.
Its really just a cable, a few connections and  a plug.

Similarly lightnings are photographed, with a light sensor.
It can result in really stunning pics.
  •  

Samantha C

QuoteLeaf Work is a project I have to see the effect of photoshopping an original.

I'm now also placing photos onto canvas and painting them into a scene, then re photographing and photoshopping to make a combination of film effect and texture - still playing with that.

I'm interested in changing texture and depth.

Cindy,

It's interesting how painting was imitating photography in the middle ages and later back in the 90s with digital photography and canvas printing photography began imitating painting.  Now the two are becoming fused together into another unique art form.
At an art college class one of the techniques in painting class was to mix the paint with a thickening base and then use various knives, brushes, sticks or whatever gave you the texture you wanted the work look very three dimensional when done. 

You could almost repeat the veins in the red leaf to extend out into the canvas ....I think you have a great idea there
another thing that picture brought to mind was it might really pop printed on metal paper the red would shimmer could be cool.

I did some shots that were all about color and texture here's a couple

Foliage in New England

All the different colors and textures caught my eye, it was also breakfast one morning so I suppose sometimes breakfast can be art to and beautiful.

Autumn in New England this was a little roadside farm stand the harvest colors and textures were crazy.

•  

Cindy

Samantha,

Gorgeous Foliage pic!

My friends in the tree!

•  

Cindy

I have a pic I wanted comment on but it is defeating photo bucket. I have three laser beams (different wavelengths) being focussed through three lenses until they become unified.

Sadly it is defeating the system

Samantha, I'm interested about printing on metallic paper. How do I do that?
  •  

Samantha C

Thanks when nature paints the canvas even I couldn't have messed that shot up
That bird really loves that tree! Bottle brush trees always make me smile they're like summers Christmas trees.

I'm very interested to see your laser pic I've never done anything like that...sounds very cool. I resized my photos in photo bucket to 720x480 sRGB color that made file size around 100k

You can print metallic paper in any good photo printer, the hard part is it can't really be displayed in a glass frame the glass ruins the effect,  which means that you have to mount it.  I am very bad at dry mounting so I pay the 10-12$ to have it done

Nationalphotolabs and tons of others online do metallic printer and also will dry mount it for you the price it very reasonable the red leaf and the gum nut shot would look great on metal,  the tree and bird shot may not complex compositions can start to look weird on metal.  Single subject or things that are metal like cars airplanes all look awesome on metal HDR does also,  the office near me has a 24x36 of a Bengal tiger's head on metal I love the work he looks like he's going to come off the wall.
  •  

Matthew

Been pondering the colour projects shared on this thread and an article I read on spontaneous photography, not too spontaneous but I dived into the garden this morning to see if i could get any fun shots. Not my usual thing but I thought they turned out cute :)
(Water-y grass & spider web work in progress)

•  

Cindy

Nice Matt, what lens are you using?

If you can backlight the spider web.

A great effect for a spider web is wait until it is dark and take the pic with a wine glass in front. The glass throws the light from the flash all over the place, use the glass as a lens. Not for the spider or you to drink!
  •  

Matthew

Quote from: Cindy on September 19, 2015, 03:31:51 AM
Nice Matt, what lens are you using?

If you can backlight the spider web.

A great effect for a spider web is wait until it is dark and take the pic with a wine glass in front. The glass throws the light from the flash all over the place, use the glass as a lens. Not for the spider or you to drink!

18-55mm lens on Canon EOS 1100d (the lens that came with it)

Also I like that idea! Might try that some day :) I'm going to buy a mini softbox and a 430 ex 1 flash - not sure if that'd mess the glass trick but will try ^_^
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Matthew on September 19, 2015, 03:17:12 PM
18-55mm lens on Canon EOS 1100d (the lens that came with it)

Also I like that idea! Might try that some day :) I'm going to buy a mini softbox and a 430 ex 1 flash - not sure if that'd mess the glass trick but will try ^_^
Well Matt-even if it sounds far fetched-
you might try to get your hands on a EOS Rebel like Naeree... its a very good cam to try out things...
there should still be some in good conditions, maybe even coming with a good lens...
you can attach lenses for the fraction of a price which do not work with newer cams... really good glasses...
the sensor and software of this cam give really lively images.
Some of the newer ones have a "frozen" or digital feel...
if you look for it you might see that, too... (no comparison with your cam meant, just in general)
the atmosphere of a photo with the Eos rebel seems to be much more easy to access...

and tbh pixels are imo for sales personnel... you can zoom in or out, and too many pixels can not even be displayed.
  •  

Samantha C

Matt,
Really like that grass shot,  the water, dew makes me want to walk barefoot in it.   

I'll have to try that wine glass trick sounds interesting, Cindy does it make any difference if it's glass or crystal?

•  

Naeree

Quote from: Matthew on September 19, 2015, 03:26:04 AM

I like the way the soft sunlight reflect with objects, feel refreshing to look at ^_^ And good focus point on the spider web

barbie

A photographer took a shot for us yesterday.

He says that photos of people are alive when they are moving, and are dead when they are posing.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Naeree