Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Deleting my account soon

Started by A, September 12, 2015, 01:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A

Hello. I haven't visited this forum for a very long time. I'm about to delete my account, because I'm tired of seeing the newsletters in my email inbox and I don't see a need for coming here anymore.

Now I doubt anyone here remembers me or cares, but if there's such a person, who would like to keep contact with me, they need to send me a private message within the next couple of days.

I figured I'd do the courtesy of saying hi before disappearing permanently. I thank everyone here for their presence/support when I used to post on these forums.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

Laura_7

Hope you are well  :)

Well another option would be give another email adress... and go here regularly after posting:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?action=unreadreplies
  •  

Mariah

I can easily help you fix a setting so you don't receive an email regards to PM's you receive. It's easy to fix. Just let me know and I'm glad to help. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

A

I do intend to check this out. But someone wishing to keep contact should probably still send a PM.

Also I'm kind of too lazy to keep several email addresses. One would just get lost along the way.

I'm not exactly well, but I've sort of put the whole being trans thing behind me now. I'm not exactly bad either. Anyway thanks for asking.

Mariah2014: That would sort of defeat the point of keeping the account (which would be to get a notification from the odd PM I might get one day).
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Mariah

It can be set to receive from your buddies only if you like. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: A on September 12, 2015, 02:09:27 PM
I do intend to check this out. But someone wishing to keep contact should probably still send a PM.

Also I'm kind of too lazy to keep several email addresses. One would just get lost along the way.

I'm not exactly well, but I've sort of put the whole being trans thing behind me now. I'm not exactly bad either. Anyway thanks for asking.

Mariah2014: That would sort of defeat the point of keeping the account (which would be to get a notification from the odd PM I might get one day).
  •  

A

I've never used the forum's buddy function though.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Mariah

I see. I totally understand. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

A

Thanks for trying to help. But it's okay. It's not like there was any real problem in the first place.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Mariah

Your welcome, I'm here to help in anyway I can. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: A on September 12, 2015, 02:23:30 PM
Thanks for trying to help. But it's okay. It's not like there was any real problem in the first place.
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: A on September 12, 2015, 02:09:27 PM

Ok... you could keep everthing as is then and define a filter in your email program so the Newsletter would vanish before you see it.
  •  

Beth Andrea

I remember you!

Best wishes for you in whatever you seek.

*hugs*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

A

Last occasion to contact me if you wish to. I'll probably do the deleting thing tomorrow.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: A on September 14, 2015, 05:08:11 PM
Last occasion to contact me if you wish to. I'll probably do the deleting thing tomorrow.
No simple filter rule in your email instead ?  :)
  •  

Kova V

Well A, I don't know you but you'll always be an A+ in my book! Top marks! *Kova is super lame btw*
  •  

A

Quote from: Laura_7 on September 14, 2015, 05:37:25 PM
No simple filter rule in your email instead ?  :)
Yeah, maybe. I'll think about it.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

JLT1

I remember you.

I have missed your posts.

I wish you well.  You may PM me or email any time you want.

Hugs,

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •