Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Show me your favorite hairstyles,men.

Started by KarlMars, February 28, 2016, 10:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlMars

Soon I'm going to get my hair cut like this again. I had it before when I first started to cross dress. Then I had a period of doubt and don't even have the former pictures of me with the haircut. I thought it was called a pompadour, but it's really a 1940s style military undercut. Some of the undercuts have the hair longer on the unshaved side, but I think the shorter one looks more conservative and more like a gentleman.

I'm going to wear it parted to the side and gelled down. I had to before to keep it from sticking up. The problem is women cut it and (one was training the other) mistook what I meant for a pompadour. I had a photo of it too. didn't do it exactly right so next time I'll go to a real barber to get a real man's haircut.

Never go to budget hair places like in Walmart they usually have people that don't know what they're doing. It's worth it to pay a little more to get what you want.

Elis

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mens+quiff&client=ms-android-orange-gb&source=android-browser&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIvIrslu2cyAIVx9WACh0xYw0G#imgrc=YH14G7JHSN7j_M%3A

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=high+textured+modern+quiff&client=ms-android-orange-gb&source=android-browser&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMInPn-m8CryAIVxFweCh1jAgAu#imgrc=f-16OYITusk8DM%3A

Yeah; a pompadour looks like what Elvis Presley had when he was just starting out. I really like the undercut hairstyle with a quiff. It's just a very classic look; looks super masculine and makes any guy looks handsome. I also have my hairstyle like that; although I'm growing out my fringe because I like to look slightly more feminine.
As for hair products definitely use a pomade. I use Gold Rush pomade as it's the same one my barber uses. Hair products can seem expensive but a tub lasts a year plus. There's no equivalent for high quality more expensive products.

Glad you're going to a proper barber's. IMO a hairdressers isn't as good. And there's no better feeling than being in that masculine environment and having someone who's an expert at their job and has a real enthusiasm for it.

The guy in the bottom picture is called Cameron Cretney. He has a youtube channel of the same name and has some great videos on hairstyles and hair products. Definitely check him out.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

KarlMars

I don't care much for the quiff or pompadour. I'm narrow and undercut is the only haircut I like. Back in the summer I had a shaved head and it's not long enough yet to even have the under cut. The stuff I used before was messy sticky gel that came off in white flakes like dandruff at the end of the day. Then I tried hair cement, because I want my hair to stay in place, but then it was so stiff it took 30 minutes to was it out. The hair wax that a female hairdresser sold me barely held my hair down in place. I want it perfectly flat on my head and to look molded on is why I used so much products. I used to dye it and blow dry it with the gel in my hair as someone suggested.I haven't tried mousse yet. I never was good at doing my hair when I had women's short hair cuts either.

Elis

Quote from: alienbodybuilder on February 29, 2016, 09:46:57 AM
I don't care much for the quiff or pompadour. I'm narrow and undercut is the only haircut I like. Back in the summer I had a shaved head and it's not long enough yet to even have the under cut. The stuff I used before was messy sticky gel that came off in white flakes like dandruff at the end of the day. Then I tried hair cement, because I want my hair to stay in place, but then it was so stiff it took 30 minutes to was it out. The hair wax that a female hairdresser sold me barely held my hair down in place. I want it perfectly flat on my head and to look molded on is why I used so much products. I used to dye it and blow dry it with the gel in my hair as someone suggested.I haven't tried mousse yet. I never was good at doing my hair when I had women's short hair cuts either.

The quiff is good if you want to look more manly and you're pre T. It makes your head look squarer. I have an undercut and they come in many different varieties. You can have a very short undercut so you almost look bald on your sides or you can have it very slightly longer but your sides will still be cut with a razor instead of scissors; which makes it an undercut. You can also have have an undercut with or without a quiff.
Don't use hair gel. I believe most brands are no longer as bad as they used to be in that it gives you the wet crunchy look. I'm not even sure what it's used for now. Just stick with pomade and you can't go wrong. You can use it to keep your quiff in place or to flattern your hair to give that 1930s dapper look. I used to use hair cement and it's awful. Smells awful and is far too gunky. If you buy a product that's £10 plus then for the most part it'll be a good quality product and you won't have to use a lot for it to work. And even if you do it won't make your hair look greasy like the pomades of the 30s and 50s.
Many guys on youtube recommend putting some hair products in your hair before blow drying; but I don't think it makes much of a difference. I've never tried doing that method but my hair still looks good. It does take some practice to know how to style your hair; so don't get discouraged.
I'm not sure what mousse does either; I think it makes your hair look slightly messy to give you that bed head look. As a general rule pomade gives your hair a slight shine and makes your hair look tidy for a more masculine look. And hair wax makes your hair look messy with less of a shine to it.

•  

Sebby Michelango

I think some handsome men suit long hair like Poldark.

That long, curly and dark hair looks very good at handsome men like Aidan Turner. :) When it comes to beard, I think groomed full beard, stubbles and some kind of side burns are nice. They are my favorites.

But it's difference which taste I have about myself. I don't think I suit too long hair, not too short either. But short hair is the best opinion for me. I'm pre-everything, therefor short hair is easier. I pass better and looks better with short.
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: Elis on February 29, 2016, 10:16:12 AM
The quiff is good if you want to look more manly and you're pre T. It makes your head look squarer. I have an undercut and they come in many different varieties. You can have a very short undercut so you almost look bald on your sides or you can have it very slightly longer but your sides will still be cut with a razor instead of scissors; which makes it an undercut. You can also have have an undercut with or without a quiff.
Don't use hair gel. I believe most brands are no longer as bad as they used to be in that it gives you the wet crunchy look. I'm not even sure what it's used for now. Just stick with pomade and you can't go wrong. You can use it to keep your quiff in place or to flattern your hair to give that 1930s dapper look. I used to use hair cement and it's awful. Smells awful and is far too gunky. If you buy a product that's £10 plus then for the most part it'll be a good quality product and you won't have to use a lot for it to work. And even if you do it won't make your hair look greasy like the pomades of the 30s and 50s.
Many guys on youtube recommend putting some hair products in your hair before blow drying; but I don't think it makes much of a difference. I've never tried doing that method but my hair still looks good. It does take some practice to know how to style your hair; so don't get discouraged.
I'm not sure what mousse does either; I think it makes your hair look slightly messy to give you that bed head look. As a general rule pomade gives your hair a slight shine and makes your hair look tidy for a more masculine look. And hair wax makes your hair look messy with less of a shine to it.

Good advice, Elis. I didn't know what pomade was. If I put nothing in my hair it stands up on end when it's that short. How easily will the pomade wash out? Is it the texture of petrolium jelly?

KarlMars

Quote from: Sebby Michelango on February 29, 2016, 12:27:54 PM
I think some handsome men suit long hair like Poldark.

That long, curly and dark hair looks very good at handsome men like Aidan Turner. :) When it comes to beard, I think groomed full beard, stubbles and some kind of side burns are nice. They are my favorites.

But it's difference which taste I have about myself. I don't think I suit too long hair, not too short either. But short hair is the best opinion for me. I'm pre-everything, therefor short hair is easier. I pass better and looks better with short.

I can't stand having my hair any more than 3 inches long.

Elis

I think generally most pomades are made now to easily wash out and not be greasy. I've just always used Gold Rush pomade since first having an undercut as it's the stuff my barber uses. You can only buy it online from the USA. It easily washes out, smells good and lasts all day. And yeah pomade is the same texture as petroleum jelly. The main ingredient is hemp oil which isn't used in any other hair products.
I also use Lush Styling Cream; again because it's what my barber uses. It has a slightly more fem smell and gives my hair a messy matte finish. So if I'm in more of a girly mood and become bored of always using pomade then I use that.

•  

Jin

Even in a salon it helps to have a photo of what you are expecting. I often have my hair long and flowing (as in loooong and flowing). that way I can switch between m/f simply by where I place ties and other accessories. With bangs, I always look girly (which is loads of fun!)
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •