News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I wish I could find my way back

Started by Deborah, October 08, 2015, 06:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Malachite

Quote from: SarahM777 on June 12, 2018, 07:26:19 PM
Saying that does not mean that what I went through was the worst the any one of us has gone through. There are many that have gone through a whole lot worse. (I am thankful that it didn't end up far worse than what it was)

How this ties into the OP, over the years I can look back and see that 90-95 percent of the mistreatment I did recieve from others were those who claimed to be Christians. At times it made me feel like I just wanted to die, if they didn't love me how could could God. Others times I just wanted to walk away. And no matter how much at times I wanted to chuck the whole thing into the waste basket,something inside just couldn't do it. Even in the times it felt like He was a million miles away and I was just this tiny insect that could just be squashed like a bug.

What happened at times is that scripture passages would be brought to mind and they were the exact passages I needed to hear just at that time,He would speak to me through a song, it would be through someone speaking a kind word or a gentle touch. It was in those times that I knew the source of where it was coming from and I knew then that God was speaking to through others that demonstrated the kind of love He has for us.  It wasn't in a loud voice coming from heaven it wasn't in big flashing lights but it was in the small simple little acts of kindness and love.

Welcome back! :)
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

SarahM777

Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard.

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

MsAnnaLynn

Quote from: Deborah on August 14, 2016, 11:01:16 AM
I would like again to take the Holy Eucharist.  However, the best I can make out from its vagaries, by Catholic definition I am in a state of mortal sin for using HRT.

So, believing them and taking it simply sends me to hell.

Or ignoring them removes any reason I have for being a Catholic.  By definition, taking communion is a state of coming into perfect union with God and with the Church. 

Either way, taking it right now leaves me with a bad feeling.

I realize that what I am referring to is about 2 years old and I hope you are at peace with God more.
some considerations to bear in mind is that you are desiring to have communion with God and the catholic church is teaching that this eucarist becomes the Lord's body and blood when you eat it by transubstantiation. There is nothing
Scriptural about this at all. Jesus said do this in memory of me, not to put Him in your body. I do have a catholic back ground and it is steeped in guilt and shame and I am never able to live up to what is expected, and they don't offer an option. A conversation I had with a priest some years ago showed me he was in a hopeless situation when he told me all he had was the hope of salvation, when Jesus clearly said if you believe in Him, you have salvation and nothing can take it away. Most of the teachings they present are from traditions, not scripture. They have some scriptural basis, but are often twisted around. There is only one sin that is a 'mortal' sin and sends one to hell and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. In other words there is no difference in venial or mortal sins as they teach it, but all sin separates us from the presence of God. When Jesus said my God my God, why have you forsaken me, it was because Jesus had become sin, for us, and was separated from the Father, because God cannot be in the presence of sin. Fear not. Jesus took all sin to the cross and put it to death, so that anybody and everybody can be in God, and not be forsake, but
only through Christ. Sin can only be covered by a blood sacrifice of a spotless lamb(foreshadowing of the Christ to come), and that spotless Lamb is Christ the Lord. But, sin is no longer covered, but completely forgiven if you simply believe that Jesus is who He said He is. And though it is a long winded posting I believe it is the only purpose for life, and that is to have communion with and be in God's presence. Sin separated us from God, through Adam's sin and the second Adam(Jesus) reunited us, when he took our sin to the cross.
  •  

Jacqueline

I plan to keep an eye on this for a bit. It is suggesting a solution for what you perceive the problem to be. This section is not to make a debate of who's God or religion is right, present and works for you. It should be held within the context of Christianity.

Sincerely,
Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Cindy

:police:

I've removed posts that were potentially argumentative and not relevant to the topic. Please feel free to start other topics as required.

If there are issues with posts report them and do not try to moderate the thread yourself.

Thank You

I remind people that:

1. This is a Board for people to discuss their Christian beliefs and thoughts

2. If a post is of issue report it to the Moderators

Cindy
  •  

reborn

Quote from: Cindy on July 05, 2018, 04:43:31 PM
:police:

I've removed posts that were potentially argumentative and not relevant to the topic. Please feel free to start other topics as required.

If there are issues with posts report them and do not try to moderate the thread yourself.

Thank You

I remind people that:

1. This is a Board for people to discuss their Christian beliefs and thoughts

2. If a post is of issue report it to the Moderators

Cindy

I believe that you have misunderstood my post. I said that she is not finding her way back home because maybe she doesn't believe in God but she believes in the bible. I also said that some Christian fractions tend to believe in the bible instead of believing in God. I don't see how this is not a Christian belief and thoughts also related to the topic. Christianity is about believing in God as the trinity. So believing in God is a very Christian thing to do and my advice and comment is very much related to Christianity.
  •  

Dianne H

reborn,
According to the word of God all of us who are born again Christians and worship the Lord in Spirit and in truth are the betrothed of the Lord awaiting the wedding feast of the Lamb. Some of us just happen to know what being a betrothed awaiting her wedding feels like a little more than some others (cis) born in a male body.

As long as Deborah examines herself and has a clean conscience void of offense before God she can take communion.

Whether straight or gay, cis or trans, the main thing is that we have the word of God as the foundation and authority of our faith.

According to the word of God salvation isn't based on male or female, black or white, gay or straight, cis or trans. It is based on faith in the blood of Jesus and striving to please him regardless of whether we are a babe in Christ or mature in the Lord.

It's sad that so many couldn't care less and look down their nose at others or justify what they want while condemning those who struggle.

The Lord knows her and has been with her.

May God bless.

Dianne
Christian
US Army vet
  •