Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

mountain biking

Started by kelly_1979, April 19, 2015, 02:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly_1979

Any mtb freaks in here? I used to go down crazy single tracks but now I've chickened out a bit and ride somewhat easier tracks (not the ones where you say: holy f#*@ this is going to hurt really bad). I usually ride between 20-50km (mostly off-road).
Trying to emerge to my real self
  •  

katrinaw

Done a little, nothing insane, save that for skiing
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Alissa16

Yes but then I've enjoyed dirt bike motorcycling and snowmobiles..still enjoy the fire roads and following
game trails. am converting my bike..its too costly what with the high costs  of my mones to be able
purchase (this year)the bike that I'd like so.....
New heavier capacity (tubus)cargo rack,ortlieb back roller panniers,Brooke seat,shimano 531's (1 side cleated)
pedals, new crank-set from damage due to dropping it too many times.lone peak handle bar rack. Shoot...should'v should of just bought the new bike..This ones a giant roam.
Plan to get outta dodge for some multi day camp touring trips this summer..nothing too extreme.
Don't have any plans to go further than about 200 miles one-way
My bike is my only transportation..Also tow my solo canoe around with a small trailer.
  •  

katrinaw

Snowmobiles Alissa... Tricks??? Insane

L Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

MyKa

I have a hard tail yeti that i need to ride a hell of a lot more often
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.....J.Dean
  •  

kelly_1979

What kind of saddles do you use? I have to use narrow mtb saddles (~130mm) - otherwise I could not slide behind the saddle while going down technical singletrack.
  •  

barbie

I have several male friends who enjoy MT every weekend. A common thing among them is that their kids grow up and they do not need to take care of their kids and wife.

In my case, I can not spend so much long time for any weekend sports. Just running for 1 hour, or sometimes hiking with my family. When I do not need to take care of my family in the weekend, I sometimes run to the top of mountain, which takes about 5-6 hours for a round-trip.

My recent hiking course:

If you have a smartphone, you can make this kind of Google Earth animation by exporting the GPX file (GPS-based tracking application).

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Erica_Y

I love Mtb ing having done quite a bit over the years and even the 24 Hours of Adrenaline a couple of times. As the years go by I am more cautious now and have no where near the strength thanks to being E powered now but that goes with the territory  :)

•  

Jake25

If you mean a non motorized mountain bike then I enjoy riding it in the city. I prefer fat tire bikes.
  •  

kelly_1979

yeah obviously non-motorized. I mean singletracks, dirt roads, rocky tracks, that kind of stuff. Stuff you may need to use the 22/34 to climb.
  •  

Jake25

Quote from: kelly_1979 on June 04, 2015, 02:47:31 PM
yeah obviously non-motorized. I mean singletracks, dirt roads, rocky tracks, that kind of stuff. Stuff you may need to use the 22/34 to climb.

Its only city sidewalks and parks for me. I'm too much of a city boy.
  •  

MyKa

Quote from: kelly_1979 on May 16, 2015, 09:06:06 AM
What kind of saddles do you use? I have to use narrow mtb saddles (~130mm) - otherwise I could not slide behind the saddle while going down technical singletrack.

I'm sorry, I will look tomorrow and let you know
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.....J.Dean
  •  

Anna33

Quote from: kelly_1979 on April 19, 2015, 02:09:27 AM
Any mtb freaks in here? I used to go down crazy single tracks but now I've chickened out a bit and ride somewhat easier tracks (not the ones where you say: holy f#*@ this is going to hurt really bad). I usually ride between 20-50km (mostly off-road).

Hey! Good to see another rider. I was semi pro before I began my transition and I dream to keep riding in races once I have fully transitioned. Always been super sporty.

I do mtb, road and stationary. 50k is quite a good distance to ride! I ride 30-40k on average and 100k ish in the weekends. Mostly road riding.

Which bike do you have?

- Clara.

The truth is, I often like women. I like their unconventionality. I like their completeness. I like their anonymity. - Virginia Woolf
  •