Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Come out to my man's FB, nothing happened

Started by Martine A., October 11, 2015, 03:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martine A.

So, here is my message...

QuoteGood morning people. Please bear with me, as this message will likely reach you only once.
And it is short.

Some time ago I decided to live my life the way that makes me happy and I am glad I did. Since childhood I want to live my life as a woman. Here in the Netherlands I have been given a fair opportunity to be myself and I took it.

This account will disappear eventually. Here is my new account. Feel free to add me.
<link>

Please don't write me here. Write me there.
It is about 15 hours since then. No actions received from anyone.

Sigh... that's life. Time to move on.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

LizK

Martine , people are just weird when you come out to them...my parents spent a minute or two telling me how brave I was and they have never said another word to me about it...odd to say the least. I think part of the issue is they don't know what to say.

Sarah T

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laura_7

Well you can be sure most had a look at your new profile.

You might add something like you'd look forward to be contacted...
people may ask if they have questions, you'd gladly answer...
you're still the same person with the same humour...

"Please don't write me here. Write me there."
Well psychologically more advantageous might be another formulation...
what people might see is:
don't write me

Another positive formulation might be:
-I look forward to your mails
-contact me on the other profile and lets talk...
etc...

sorry maybe too much advertisment psychology... but that might be of advantage in messages in the future...

what also might help is envisioning a positive outcome... lots of people being drawn to your new profile...

wish you a good outcome and many contacts  :)
  •  

Martine A.

Quote from: Laura_7 on October 11, 2015, 03:21:03 PM
"Please don't write me here. Write me there."
Well psychologically more advantageous might be another formulation...
Hey, touché.

A digression first, what people first see is about the half of the message and the profile itself. If they reach this line, they already clicked on the whole thing to display it. More likely to just click on the profile itself. No big impact estimated.

To the actual formulation, I just changed it to:

"Please write me there, not here."

Extra care would discard the "not here" part. This is good enough for my purposes though.

To provide some context... I can live without everyone on that profile. This is about giving them chance to reconnect.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Martine A. on October 11, 2015, 03:30:55 PM
Hey, touché.

A digression first, what people first see is about the half of the message and the profile itself. If they reach this line, they already clicked on the whole thing to display it. More likely to just click on the profile itself. No big impact estimated.

To the actual formulation, I just changed it to:

Extra care would discard the "not here" part. This is good enough for my purposes though.

To provide some context... I can live without everyone on that profile. This is about giving them chance to reconnect.
Well I'd add something personal...
I'm looking forward to it...
women may show more emotion, its completely acceptable  :)
  •  

Martine A.

Quote from: Laura_7 on October 11, 2015, 03:35:58 PM
Well I'd add something personal...
I'm looking forward to it...
women may show more emotion, its completely acceptable  :)
Many people there, including me, aren't native English speakers. In fact only two are.
Perception and expression may be clamped due to other factors than feelings of the author. Add cultural element. Etc.

Please do not challenge my emotional perception and expression, that is a ymmv thing and hrt would only augment what is already there.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Martine A. on October 11, 2015, 03:41:25 PM
Many people there, including me, aren't native English speakers. In fact only two are.
Perception and expression may be clamped due to other factors than feelings of the author. Add cultural element. Etc.

Please do not challenge my emotional perception and expression, that is a ymmv thing and hrt would only augment what is already there.

It was only adding my personal point of view, together with a bit of humour.

Just do as you feel comfortable  *hugs*

again wish you many contacts... in my opinion they will show up  given some time  :)
  •  

CarlyMcx

Facebook has gotten a little strange with the posts in the past few years.  If you make a post, a lot of times, very few people actually even see it, unless it starts to receive likes and comments.  In fact, Facebook wants you to pay them to broadcast your post to all your friends.

What someone figured out was that if you put the words "I have big news" or something to that effect in, it causes Facebook's bots to automatically broadcast the post to a much wider audience.

There is also the possibility that a lot of people on your friends list decided a long time ago to keep you as a friend, but to unfollow your news feed.

What you might want to do is pick out a list of your "keepers" and send them all a private message and see if that works better.
  •  

Devlyn

I saw your post about your post! I think fifteen hours is a drop in the bucket compared to how long you worked through this. Give them some time.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Martine A.

Quote from: CarlyMcx on October 11, 2015, 06:45:15 PM
Facebook has gotten a little strange with the posts in the past few years.  If you make a post, a lot of times, very few people actually even see it, unless it starts to receive likes and comments.  In fact, Facebook wants you to pay them to broadcast your post to all your friends.
My thoughts. I was deactivating my account repeatedly for a long time. FB allows 28 days, but that was being renewed. My picture is black. One friend who I came in touch with by accident doesn't know what I looked like before (good stuff). On the top of that I am posting profile of an unknown person.

I am afraid this won't go as planned and I will have to contact people individually in person.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  •