News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Transgender community gets a gender-fluid lingerie line

Started by traci_k, September 29, 2015, 06:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traci_k

Transgender community gets a gender-fluid lingerie line

http://www.today.com/style/transgender-community-gets-gender-fluid-lingerie-line-t46391

Rebekah Lowin
TODAY Sept 28, 2015

Underwear isn't something we think about all that often. I mean, don't get us wrong — we like a cute pair of boy-shorts as much as the next girl, and we're not immune to gorgeous, lacy underpinnings. It's just never been a matter of life or death. We're aware, at least, that the basics will always be there when we need them.

But for the transgender community, it's a different story — one that Peregrine Honig of Kansas City's hoping to rewrite.

Traci Melissa Knight
  •  

Dee Marshall

More accurately, trans men have gotten such a lingerie line. I saw very little in that article for trans women and the designer said that she was trying to make up for a deficit she noticed. I think I saw one bra. This is not a complaint. We seem to be reasonably well served and I was appalled at what trans men I know were forced to put up with.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Bimmer Guy

I'm sorry, but this stuff makes me sick.  Here we have a cis female who is showing pity on us because our garments (and yes, I agree Dee, it looks like she is catering to trans men), are so unattractive.  Does she not know the attractiveness of a binder does not matter to us?  It is all about function.  She misses the whole point.

Too, she makes the assumption that everyone is binary and wanting to transition from one sex to the other.  She is calling it " "middle-wear," a name she invented to represent the transitional time that the garments are intended to accompany".  Not everyone wants top surgery, lady.  For some, the binder is an end point in their transition.

<smh>
Top Surgery: 10/10/13 (Garramone)
Testosterone: 9/9/14
Hysto: 10/1/15
Stage 1 Meta: 3/2/16 (including UL, Vaginectomy, Scrotoplasty), (Crane, CA)
Stage 2 Meta: 11/11/16 Testicular implants, phallus and scrotum repositioning, v-nectomy revision.  Additional: Lipo on sides of chest. (Crane, TX)
Fistula Repair 12/21/17 (UPenn Hospital,unsuccessful)
Fistula Repair 6/7/18 (Nikolavsky, successful)
Revision: 1/11/19 Replacement of eroded testicle,  mons resection, cosmetic work on scrotum (Crane, TX)

•  

Tysilio

Perhaps the first, and one hopes the only, time that "trans men" and "lingerie" are used in the same sentence.

<deploys 'barf' smiley>

Not to mention that the author seems a bit unclear about the meaning of "gender-fluid"...
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

suzifrommd

:police:

Let's keep in mind that there are many ways people express their gender. Both trans men and trans women express their gender in a variety of ways including clothing styles.

To imply otherwise is very invalidating to people who express their gender differently.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

QueenSwag

Interesting, quite interesting.

I also like the video link at the bottom of that page with Lauer and Jenner. She is looking great.
  •  

sparrow

Quotethey're preparing to launch with "binders" in a few colors, followed by a launch of "tuckers," "cinchers," and "packers," all of which function pretty much the way their name suggests they do.

Tuckers and cinchers sound like something for mtf.
  •