Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Actress wants Doctor Who role as transgender Time Lord

Started by traci_k, October 15, 2015, 07:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traci_k

Actress wants Doctor Who role as transgender Time Lord

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/10/14/actress-wants-doctor-who-role-as-transgender-time-lord/

Pink News
Nick Duffy
14th October 2015, 7:15 PM

Trans actress Rebecca Root has said she would 'love' to star in Doctor Who, as the next incarnation of the mysterious Time Lord.

The Boy Meets Girl star is continuing her campaign to be the next incarnation of the Doctor – after first mentioning her aspirations at the Radio Times Festival last month.

The star joked that she'd "love to be the first transgender Doctor" – after the show featured hints that the Doctor used to be a little girl.

A trans Doctor would be so totally awesome. My heart goes pit-a-pat.. Too bad Clara has been around for a couple years. I would love to see Clara rebound from the loss of her man develop a love relationship with a female Doctor.

Unfortunately the show would lose too many viewers in the States to transphobe/homophobe sentiment among the fundy Christian viewers. My wife would totally freak out.
Traci Melissa Knight
  •  

Oliviah

Missy is already a trans time lord.  Seems unlikely to have two trans characters on a hit show.
  •  

Valwen

Time lord and transgender are fuzzy concepts when your body changes and large parts of who you are, your personality and such also change keeping only certiain core things in tact gender changing should not be that big of a thing. I remember one episode the doctor is talking about another time lord who swaped back and forth just about ever incarnation something about it being a bit of a bother keeping pronouns right every time they regenerated.
What is a Lie when it's at home? Anyone?
Is it the depressed little voice inside? Whispering in my ear? Telling me to give up?
Well I'm not giving up. Not for that part of me that hates myself. That part wants me to wither and die. not for you. Never for you.  --Loki: Agent of Asgard

Started HRT Febuary 21st 2015
First Time Out As Myself June 8th 2015
Full Time June 24th 2015
  •