Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

when do you know?

Started by andreaskvh, October 19, 2015, 12:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreaskvh

Hi, I wonder does transgender peoples know there whole life, the different of the biology and the identity they has? I am 15 year old and my body is boy biology, but I want to be a girl, all ways I feel this. Do you knew that different about your self all ways or you discovered later? Thank you, André
  •  

Laura_7

You could have a look here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,197787.msg1759197.html#msg1759197

People are different.
Some people knew from early on, some people adapted and found out later.
Some even overdo gender roles until they find out its not them.

*hugs*
  •  

soaringPhoenix

I kinda knew when I was younger, but once I started puberty and "expected" to do feminine things, I started to really hate my female biology. There's no right or wrong time to realise you're trans :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are what you love, not who loves you.
  •  

SilverWing

Personally, I may have known when I was younger on a subconscious level but didn't really accept it. Like, I remember wanting to know what it was like to be a girl, and wishing to be one, but dismissing it as fantasy. I didn't know for sure until I was 16.
It's a puzzle, because technically I'm still not alive.

Check out my blog at http://princessiris.tk/. (18 and over)
  •  

LizK

I knew when I was about 4 or 5 that I was different and that I should have been born a girl. It is like the knowledge I have that I am right handed, nobody told me to use that hand I just naturally am right handed. This is nothing you ever think about it just is what it is.  Same with being Trans...I always have been, always since my earliest memory.

That of course doesn't mean if you found out a bit later that you are any the less Trans...it doesn't work like that...you know when you know and for some that can take some time depending in circumstances.

Hope that helps some

Sarah T

Sarah T
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

TGSine

I knew when I was about 4, when I played with my sister and her friends. When I was 7, mom let me be Snow White for Halloween.
  •  

stephaniec

I knew at 4 , but the war went on all my life until the peace negotiations arrived after many casualties.
  •  

localdreamer

It depends on who your asking, actually! If I had known from a very young age what being trans was, I would have totally identified as trans! But I always did feel like a boy when I was little, and always "wanted" to be one. Turns out, I always was!
  •  

purplewuggybird

I defiantly did not know when I was younger, but looking back it seems realistic that this could have been a life-long thing. I only figured out when I was 14, and i am still determining if it is an phase or not.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Just trying to share the love <3!
  •  

Dee Marshall

I've said this before, I was phenomenally clueless. I didn't realize until I was 54.

I think it has more to do with society now than anything. Only recently has society opened enough to the possibility that young people like you, and others can admit it to themselves early and parents, at least some of them, are less inclined to head those behaviors off.

I speculate, knowing how my father was, that I showed signs early and he squashed them like a bug. I remember very little of my childhood. I do recall him being harsh with any sign of sensitivity coming from me.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Kylo

I was brought up by parents to just accept facts, and one of those facts was that you can't change biology. But I knew, from a very young age, my biology was messed up and my gender was not what they all thought it was. Back then there wasn't the dialogue or information out there about trans issues as there is now. I had heard of sex changes but I had no idea it was something *I* could do. I thought it was something very rare that only people with immense problems could ever have done. That is the fault of there being so little information out there... and it was also before the 'internet age'. I blame myself for not being more astute about myself earlier, but then again I was struggling with depression, anxiety and massive unhappiness in general. It is hard to see clearly in that situation.

People don't want to hear this stuff in everyday talk so you suppress it, try to forget about it and live a 'normal' life, and before you know it 15 years have passed and you're as unhappy as ever with the same reality. Eventually it dawns on you that you have a problem, have always had a problem, and just haven't been able to understand it fully with the right words and connections until now. And then you hit the angry phase, followed by the "I better do something about this before it's too late" phase.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

PastyPrincess

I didn't know what it meant to be transgender until I was about 12 or 13, and even before then I've been mistook for a girl and felt normal when people called me as such. I didn't really truly know what I was feeling until I watched Steins;gate and googled the transgender character, and then I started to learn more about transgender.
Seventeen and strung out on confusion,
Seventeen and coming clean for the first time,
no mom and dad will never understand,
what's happening to me.
  •  

KathyLauren

I have known all my life, since at least 8 years old.  But I didn't know that I knew, if that makes any sense.  It is only in hindsight that I can look back and realize that I knew all along.  Damn!  Denial is a strange thing!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •