Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

starting therapy.

Started by piralan, October 26, 2015, 08:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piralan

Hey,
I've been wondering, what's a good way to introduce the topic of gender therapy to my parents? And, how is it usually set up? I hope to come out socially at school by next year, and I'll hopefully have a binder by then, but I think mentioning gender therapy would be helpful in having my mom believe I am serious about being a guy, because honestly, she hasn't said anything about it since I came out to her.

Sent from my C6530N using Tapatalk

•  

Dena

I think you need to bring up the subject of therapy. That is you next step and you need to see if your parents intend to start you in therapy or if they are going to ignore what you have told them. It is possible they don't know what the next step is and you will have to educate them on the treatment path. If they want, they can join use and post on the SO forum.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

stephaniec

•