Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How many trans people outside of the internet have you encoutered in real life

Started by stephaniec, May 20, 2015, 06:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

# of trans individuals have you encoutered not on the internet.

8 (9.2%)
1-3
20 (23%)
3-5
6 (6.9%)
5-10
7 (8%)
> 10
46 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 72

noleen111

I personally dont know any, besides myself.

But.. I have interacting with at least 2. There is a this trans-lady (She apparently post-op, a client mentioned it) that comes past my shop almost on daily basis, I take it she works in the area. She is more mature lady and the way she dresses makes her stand out. She loves to wear over the top clothing, she looks like she going to the ball everyday and makes her standout.

And once in a mall I saw a crossdresser, who never passed. If you gonna apply makeup, at least shave first, otherwise the rest of the outfit was fine.
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

Dankster

Lost count. On average, I see maybe 5-10 a month living in Los Angeles.
  •  

Rejennyrated

Hundreds...

A few as friends - many hundreds in the course of my various jobs, which have included engineering, broadasting and now medicine, and also in my capacity as a volunteer counsellor & support worker.
  •  

stephaniec

I've know 1 personally, 1 as a semi acquaintance , 1 as someone that works in the neighborhood   I live in , but have never talked to and  a whole lot when I use to work in Boys Town Chicago going to work and seeing all the sex works at night.
  •  

Tessa James

I feel very fortunate to have been involved with the LGBTQ community all my long adult life.  I have known and worked with transgender people and some of the girls i met here are among my very best friends and have saved me a number of times.   We have so much in common and especially that need to talk about our transition stuff more than our SOs might like to hear. Hey they deserve a break. ;D

The trans women I first met were, unfortunately for my understanding, rigidly and stereotypically, into the binary while I was dismissed as just a wana be dabbler.  They also seemed like very needy, obsessive girls that could suck the oxygen from any gathering.  I couldn't be one of them, could I?  Yup, I am one of those needy and obsessive girls!

It has opened my eyes to know other transgender stories and narratives that don't fit the standard.  I meet plenty of gay and straight men that like to cross dress too.  I also feel fortunate to know quite a few trans men that also contribute so much to understanding perspectives.  I will never forget the first big public LGBT meeting in the City of Minneapolis, about 1975.  A pretty dark haired person with a beard was sporting a darling red dress!  How brave!

The last time I was at a big city Q Ctr trans meeting the group featured a woman who owned her own company and was traveling to Thailand for "the works," a girl who was voted homecoming queen, a homeless person who turned tricks and another person who was there with her case worker as chaperone.  We are so very diverse within our community even!

What a joy to get to know YOU!
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •