Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

‘Batgirl’ Just Threw The First Transgender Wedding In Mainstream Comics History

Started by stephaniec, October 28, 2015, 12:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

'Batgirl' Just Threw The First Transgender Wedding In Mainstream Comics History

http://www.mtv.com/news/2362189/batgirl-transgender-wedding/

MTV News/by Victoria McNally  10/28/2015

"Today (October 28), the latest issue of DC Comics' "Batgirl" is making history in the sweetest way possible: with a wedding!

Batgirl herself isn't getting married in Issue #45, though; she's merely a part of the bridal party. Instead today's nuptials are all about Alysia Yeoh, Barbara Gordon's best friend and former roommate — and an openly transgender woman."
  •  

Valwen

YAY diversity in comics. Though I am more into Angela and her transgender love intrest Sera because anyone willing to take over Hel (the Norse Hel one L) to be with the woman they love, wins in my book.

Serena
What is a Lie when it's at home? Anyone?
Is it the depressed little voice inside? Whispering in my ear? Telling me to give up?
Well I'm not giving up. Not for that part of me that hates myself. That part wants me to wither and die. not for you. Never for you.  --Loki: Agent of Asgard

Started HRT Febuary 21st 2015
First Time Out As Myself June 8th 2015
Full Time June 24th 2015
  •