Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you driving??

Started by SashaGrace, October 31, 2015, 07:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liina

Geez I though I had posted here before, but now I will.
Pretty nasty winters here so I drive a couple for winter conditions.
2007  Toyota 4 Runner, been an awesome winter driving vehicle, about to be retired.
2011 1500 GMC Sierra, work truck
2018  Subaru Outback, another awesome winter vehicle.
But my summer driving pleasure is a 1996 Porcshe 911/993 air cooled.
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

I am in have one of my dream cars now

•  

brandyvgs

Started HRT 01/06/2017  ;D
Became Self Aware: in 2011, started Therapy in July of 2012.
Twitch Affiliate / Transmission Gaming supporter.
  •  

NatalieRene

I still have my old Cruze for now but I am thinking about a VW Golf R.
  •  

jill610

@natalie.ashley very nice!

I've got my track toy down for some work right now; new driveshaft and K member and a few maintenance things I've been neglecting. Trying hard to find my motivation.

Pretty sure the guy at driveshaftshop laughed when I fb messengered him this photo showing they sent the wrong part with my fresh nails haha. At least this put the #mansplainjng to rest.

•  

Linde

Not a real big car, and not really rain tight (even though I have the optional weathering gear), but lots of fun in the land of the eternal summer!  It used to be a chick magnet, now I have to see if it is a guy magnet (or still a chick magnet?)

A 1961 Triumph TR4
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Samij

https://flic.kr/p/23F7omn

Love love love a dress that matches my can and driving stick in stilettos
  •  

emma-f

One should always match their brake callipers to their louboutins  :D

My Audi S5 - I love this car

Em x
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: SashaGrace on November 02, 2015, 04:34:34 AM
Some cool stuff being mentioned here! We've just sold our 2005 R53 Mini Cooper S convertible as we are looking for an R55 Clubman Cooper S to replace it with. I really wanted an Abarth 500C but practically ruled :( Clubman it is!

Oooh!  I was lusting after a Mini after test driving one a pre turbo model (Knowing nothing) and my mom who went along for the ride told me to "Step on it" and then the supercharger kicked in.....  What a fun car!

I was looking for one but a kid I know had to sell his Mazda RX-8 that wasn't quite finished (He put a lot of work into it)  I don't know how to post a picture in this message but its red. Its not supercharged (or turbo) but its got a nice rotary that red lines at 10,000 and does 0 to 60mph in 5 (something)  seconds. Unfortunately it attract lots of people who want to race.  Which I don't mind except speeding tickets for going as fast as these people want to go I think include loosing your license.  At least they are telling me I'm number 1 by that hand gesture with the middle finger...
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: Kylo on January 27, 2018, 01:06:26 AM
A Daewoo... something or other. Forgot the model. It's too small for my taste after previously driving a Vectra and Mazda 323f.... but it was the only thing that could be got locally at short notice and wasn't a total heap.

My partner likes tiny cars because he sucks at parking. I prefer something with a bit of horsepower. Ya know, something that can get up hills ::)

One thing I didn't know I liked was how well a car handles turns.  My RX-8 is like nothing I've ever driven.  It glues itself to the road and those 25 MPH cloverleafs are sure exciting at 60mph!
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: Jennifer.Diamonds on February 21, 2018, 05:12:13 AM
other than myself insane? lol

Been there.  Had to move out so now I'm going crazy and anyone that wants to join me can jump in.
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: Samij on April 17, 2019, 11:19:47 AM
https://flic.kr/p/23F7omn

Love love love a dress that matches my can and driving stick in stilettos

Right on!  Love those stick shifties as George sang about.
  •  

Linde

You kids don't know nothing about car driving until you had to fight something like this to motivate yourself forward!
You sit in it, your feet and legs are next to the Massey Ferguson derived 2.1 l engine, and can feel the heat coming from it!
Springs to soften the ride?  Springs are absolutely overrated, they just bother with sharp cornering!

This is my summer car, if no rain is in the forecast, because the optional weathering gear I have is not very effective!

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Dietlind on April 18, 2019, 08:00:41 AM
You kids don't know nothing about car driving until you had to fight something like this to motivate yourself forward!
You sit in it, your feet and legs are next to the Massey Ferguson derived 2.1 l engine, and can feel the heat coming from it!
Springs to soften the ride?  Springs are absolutely overrated, they just bother with sharp cornering!

This is my summer car, if no rain is in the forecast, because the optional weathering gear I have is not very effective!

Lovely, Linde! Tonneau cover, luggage rack with the required leather suitcase, wire wheels with knockoffs. What fun!!

But... Weber carbs and an electrical system by Lucas, the god of darkness. Too much work for me.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Linde

Quote from: steph2.0 on April 18, 2019, 08:14:54 AM
Lovely, Linde! Tonneau cover, luggage rack with the required leather suitcase, wire wheels with knockoffs. What fun!!

But... Weber carbs and an electrical system by Lucas, the god of darkness. Too much work for me.

Stephanie
Well, it is not that much work, for one hour driving time you only need one week work time!  But that one hour beside the steering wheel with real wire spokes pays back for a lot. 

And it is a chick magnet!  They know that I come, because the exhaust sound (Monza system) easily can compete with that of a Harley!

And when they said wood dash in those days, they meant it!  A wooden board held in place by metal tabs!

•