Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Came out to my parents. Completely unexpected and blindsided twice

Started by BenKenobi, November 08, 2015, 01:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenKenobi

This past week i celebrated my 27th birthday. I had resolved myself to come out. I came out to my mom on Thursday and my dad on Friday. Neither one of them gave any indication that they were against it. Concerned and confused yes. But...that's normal. Elated, i posted on FB of who i am and that i had supportive friends and family and was thankful to have them. A few hours later my mom called and blew up in my face about how dare I not consider HER feelings and that i was being selfish and that just because she said she would love me no matter what doesnt mean that she was supportive of me at all and said she never will be. So ONCE AGAIN blindsided by people leading me on in to thinking everything is okay and nope. Family once again proves to be a bull>-bleeped-< concept.

I dont know what to do. I havent answered her texts or calls. I have homework to worry about and I'm currently staying with a close friend because i dont trust myself alone. How do i fix this?
  •  

Elis

My dad did this. After I emailed him my coming out letter he replied back saying he'd be supportive. Later on he still used my old pronouns and name. After getting tired of this I texted him saying how hurtful he was being and now he's been much better. I think it just takes time. Parents always think they know better even though they obviously can't. Maybe send a text like I did describing your feelings or give them some info on being trans. Congrats on coming out anyway :)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•