Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Accessing Super Early

Started by Rainbow Bay, December 18, 2015, 05:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainbow Bay

Hello everyone

I've heard that it's perhaps possible to access your super early for gender surgery under 'compassionate grounds'. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the specifics of this. I know you would apply to the Department of Human Services for the early release but I guess what I would like to know is things like, do you have to argue your case? and how likely is it that your application will be successful, if at all?

Thanks lovelies

•  

BubblegumSquish

How are you going to go about this? compassionate grounds lol.. fingers crossed
  •  

Cindy

You need your medics to support the surgery as a medical necessity in writing to your super fund. But it is up to the discretion of the super fund to agree or not.
  •  

Ms Grace

Check out this link - Early release of superannuation...

Specifically...

QuoteSpecified compassionate grounds
You can apply for the early release of superannuation on one or more of these specified compassionate grounds if you need to pay for medical or dental treatment, for yourself or a dependant or pay for transport to the treatment...

So it looks like it is a possibility, I guess it just depends on whether they consider "elective" surgery under this banner. Good luck.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Rainbow Bay

Hmm.. thanks for the info everyone. I guess I will just apply and see how it goes. I don't think it will be too hard to get letters of support from GP and/or psych. I guess it just depends on how my super fund feels about it  :)

fingers crossed
  •  

Noah

•  

LauraJ

Good luck with it. Would take a lot of stress away for me if you were successful!
  •  

Dana60

My wife accessed her Super early to get a tummy tuck done, so it is quite possible.
  •