Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Missouri Gender Marker and DL Changes Pre-Op!

Started by Mlle. Glistenburg, June 29, 2013, 10:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alana_Jane

I'm bumping this thread rather than starting a new one....

Any recent successes or failures?  I've seen several maps including this one from the LGBT Law Center:

http://www.lgbtcenters.org/us-equality-maps-legislation.aspx

that states bottom surgery is required to change birth certificate gender in Missouri.  These tend to make Missouri score very low, in addition to all the "Christian" fundi beliefs. 

So, I'm a few days away from filing my papers with the courts in California, and wondering if it's even possible to use the CA court paperwork to change my Missouri documents.
Thanks,

Alana_Jane
Alana - Beautiful/Serene/Awakening
  •  

ainsley

I am not sure about your CA court paperwork's effectiveness in changing your MO records.  I got a court order from MO that specifically directed the offices in charge of driver's license and birth certificates to amend my name and gender.  I had no problem changing my gender on my DL in MO, but using that MO court order for my NM birth certificate failed.  I must have a surgeon's letter to do that.
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Alana_Jane

Quote from: ainsley on June 26, 2015, 10:57:39 AM
I am not sure about your CA court paperwork's effectiveness in changing your MO records.  I got a court order from MO that specifically directed the offices in charge of driver's license and birth certificates to amend my name and gender.  I had no problem changing my gender on my DL in MO, but using that MO court order for my NM birth certificate failed.  I must have a surgeon's letter to do that.

I'n sorry to hear that.  Certainly, I suppose it's one of the many factors TO have the surgery.  That said, I don't think it should be, after all why should the state care what form of sex organs reside betwixt our legs.  I also have to wonder about Missouri accepting out of state court orders.  I guess my ultimate answer would come from legal council in Missouri. 

Oh, and California DMV requires a separate form that doesn't depend on the court order for name and gender change.  It'd be nice if it was more of a one stop, with the court order being sufficient, but for what ever legal/procedural reason it's not.   I have to get my Endo (and she's said she would) to fill out the second form for gender change at the CA-DMV.

Thank you, and good luck on your further transition.
Hugs,

Alana Jane
Alana - Beautiful/Serene/Awakening
  •  

Wendy_Marie65

My name is Wendy and I live in Springfield Mo..I am attempting to change my Gender Marker and my Lawyer asked me if I could contact you and ask for a Case Number as we want to use your case as a Precedent....Mine will be the first such change in Greene Co if I am successful.  wendy_marie65@yahoo is my e-mail if you aren't comfortable posting it here... 417-766-3056   I am extremely anxious for this and would be very grateful.
  •  

Starfire

Quote from: Wendy_Marie65 on November 19, 2015, 11:54:44 AM
My name is Wendy and I live in Springfield Mo..I am attempting to change my Gender Marker and my Lawyer asked me if I could contact you and ask for a Case Number as we want to use your case as a Precedent....Mine will be the first such change in Greene Co if I am successful.  wendy_marie65@yahoo is my e-mail if you aren't comfortable posting it here... 417-766-3056   I am extremely anxious for this and would be very grateful.

Hi Wendy, the case numbers are in the original post: 13AR-CV00157 and 13AR-CV00240

Best of luck!
  •