Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I thought I was "Sired"

Started by Lisbeth, September 27, 2007, 08:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisbeth

I went through the cafeteria at school and paid for my food (cup of chili and yogurt).  For all of two seconds I thought the woman who gave me my change had said, "Here you go, sir."  I have had problems with black female sales clerks in the past.  Then my brain caught up and I realised she had really said, "Here you go, suger."  I fealt very glad that I had trained myself not to react when I get "sired."  Otherwise I could have really embarassed myself.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Ms Bev

That's good, that you can keep your powder dry, Sugar.

Bev
1.) If you're skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. 
Bev
2.) The more I talk to my married friends, the more I
     appreciate  having a wife.
Marcy
  •  

tarasita

I moved to Australia about 4 years ago and I just can't get used to everyone calling you "mate" and using phrases like "sure man", even when addressing a female. I guess I can live with it as long as I don't get "bloke"!!!  :laugh:
  •  

Hypatia

In America, I have finally gotten used to hearing a group of all women addressed as "you guys."
Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •