Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

My pre-vfs voice readings

Started by Ritana, January 02, 2016, 10:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iKate

Quote from: Ritana on January 03, 2016, 05:36:59 PM
Anjaq,

Do you now pass all the time on the phone.or do you have to strain a bit? Have you ever been phone-misgendred since having vfs?

I was misgendered once about a month post op on a scratchy line by someone who knew me by my old name and gender. I don't think that really counts. I've not been misgendered since, I always get feminine pronouns more or less instantly IRL and on the phone even with my old name which actually can be unisex.
  •  

Ritana

I can't wait to have the surgery. 2 days to go!

My pre-op conultation is in 2 days' time, on 6th. e had this nasty flu for the last 2 weeks. A dry cough, combined with swollen glands. I have been battling it with some strong antibiotics and home remedies. The infection.serm to have cleared completely this morning. Phewww:)))) What a relief!!!! I was worried sick!!

A post-op woman
  •  

anjaq

I wish you the best. Make sure you have no fever at all when you fly. Because the airports have heat detectors in Asia because they are worried about some of these dangerous flu viruses that have been spreading there - and Dr Kim will not do the surgery if you have any flu symptoms or high temperature. Make sure the cough is really gone totally. I went there and had a flu and cough a week before and the coughing just had cleared the day of the flight, I still had a dry throat. I believe this caused me to cough a lot while being in the wake-up stage after surgery and that was not really a good thing, obviously. So really make sure your throat is nice and wet and not swollen anymore... soothe it well :)

•  

Ritana

I will do Anjaq,

I got here earlier today. I had to pay 69000 won for a taxi from the airport to phil house. Which i found extortionate!

I checked in a couple of hours ago. I can't understand anything as everything is in korean.

I have my appointment tomorrow with dr kim for a preop consultation. Feeling nervous already !!

Rita

A post-op woman
  •  

anjaq

Ah darn, you did not ask about this - there is a fast train and a bus going from the airport to the city as the airport is an hour drive away, so taxi is expensive. It makes sense to take the bus to the city and then take a taxi only for the short distance within the city. Within the city, taxi rides are just 10-20 EU usually. But the subway is usually all you need. there are 2 subway stations near Yeson, both are about equally long walk, but I think one of the lines had a shorter transfer walk to the connecting subway to Phil house...
I would taka a taxi on the afternoon of surgery day, its worth it. But other than that, the subway is great. If you plan on sightseeing, get a rechargeable subway card, its a bit cheaper and more convenient.
The people at Phil House usually have one or two of them speaking english quite good, but in the restaurants sometimes it all just korean and you can already practice ordering and paying by pointing with your fingers and making photos of dishes on the posters outside and then showing them to the people in the restaurant - lol - its how things will work for you in the next weeks anyways ;)
Good luck for the examination ... maybe you could ask them one thing , if you dare - usually they do the voice exercise explanation after the surgery when you cannot really ask questions anymore. Several patients so far found this very inconvenient because you cannot test the exercises , so you just forget about them and then do them not right later on. Mabye if you want, you can ask if they would be willing to do this with you pre-OP, so you can memorize them better. But probably they are on a tight schedule and have no time.

•  

iKate

I took the subway everywhere.

There are guides online such as korea4expats.com which help you navigate as a foreigner

•  

Ritana

Well, I guess it's too late now, but no one had warned me about this on here. I assumed it's Seoul.Airpirt and Phil House is in Seoul too. I had arrived from a 24 hour flight, was knackered and i thought it was ok to take a taxi.  Plus,  Jessi did advise me to take an orange taxi (she said is much cheaper), whiwh is what I did.

Phil house is OK for the puroose, but i mean what's the point of having a self-contained studiio with a fridge a'd A COOKER if there's are no utensils in the cupboards to prepare food or even a kettle to boil water to make a coffee in the morning!!?

Anyway, I know there's a supermarket around here. but not sure where exactly?

Rita
A post-op woman
  •  

anjaq

LOL, yeah, Jessie is concerned more about your comfort and making it all easy rather than money. They figure if you can spend $8000 on a surgery, you can afford a taxi as well.

Regarding Phil House - you are allowed to take pots and pans and everything from the guest kitchen downstairs! You are however supposed to bring them back in a clean state again. Also if you want to use the washing machine, you can get soap at the reception, no need to buy a big box of it for just one or two loads. You also have to bring down your towels and fetch new ones if you want them changed. Also , you can get toilet paper at the reception if you need more. Lastly, if you happen to be very cold, the reception has some additional blankets that they can give you if it is really needed. Oh and if the toilet clogs - don't worry, its apparently a typical Korean problem that they do. They have a plunger at the reception , but better to do it like all koreans do, even in the public restraurants and dispose of toilet paper in a trashcan instead of trying to flush it down. I know, its really weird, but it seems like everyone in Korea is doing this because they do not have the same kind of flush toilets as we know them.

•