News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Research for script, older FTM

Started by drewski45, December 08, 2015, 02:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewski45

Hello, gents.

I am writing a short film script with the subject of a FTM in his 60s or 70s. I am a gay male, actor/writer. I've been curious to see the other side of the spectrum, having seen the stories of MTF. If anyone would be open to chatting, sharing your stories with me, that I might deepen my own understanding of this process, I would appreciate it. My goal is to tell an honest, respectful story. Looking forward to chatting with you.

•  

Elis

Hey, this is such a cool idea :). Just wanted to say it would be a great idea if you showed a trans man starting their transition in their 50s, 60s having to come out to his wife and kids. You always see those storylines for trans women but I've never seen it vice versa. Good luck :)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

drewski45

Thank you. I'm a little lost though. Do you have any suggestions to whom I could talk? Is this a good place to start? I'm thinking it's going to be a little challenging finding this point of view. Let me know what think. I appreciate it.
  •  

Elis

Hey. The trans guys on here all seem to be on the young side like me. It's a very good forum though and just from looking at other people's posts you get an idea of what it's like being trans and our different experierences. You may also want to try this forum <Site not permitted> but again it's hard to find older trans men.

Mod Edit: Removed Link
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Dena

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •