Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

One of those darker days...

Started by Martine A., December 27, 2015, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martine A.

As some of my earlier posts indicated, I have seen happier days.

Now and then I still meet a guy who will give me sharp look that I am an unwelcome sight. Normally I just brush it off, but some days I am floating just over the bottom. Then somebody makes my day and I am better again. :D But normally it is not those lowlifes with nothing better than to pay attention to me. And not in a nice way.

Today, walking in Amsterdam, on a red light I've got a guy, looking at me in such way.

We came to the red light. He was standing in front of me. As he was looking around, he saw me. He started to turn around towards me. Got his eyes locked on mine, and had squeezed them, brought eyebrows together, had stretched skin of his forehead and his lips, and had also started to take his hands out of his pockets. Oh yeah, that started to look like he was beginning to get his badass moment.

Just he was 1,5 heads smaller than I.

WTF are you looking at?!

That came from me. He did actually jump forward and then he returned to his previous pose. Stayed like that until the light was green. Moved along. Didn't look back again. Wow, that is what being loaded with T does. But it was yet so funny I got better for the rest of today. :angel:

--

Normally I prefer giving smiles instead of shouts (Skyrim must have taken its toll on my manners; jk). Later on, today, I gave smile to an older man. Usually, women return smiles that tell they clocked me but are friendly. That man, however, gave face back that was saying "oh my, I got lucky". Poor soul was just leaving the tram, and as he went out, he came to my window to keep smiling. He must have had sight probs. Anyhow, that was actually flattering. :-*

Thanks for the read.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

Vinyl Scratch

That was fun to read  ;D

I had a similar incident the other day but with a middle aged woman staring at me and sort of making a sneering gesture for a while, I was in a bad mood anyway and said 'What are you looking at B****', she walked off and I was like uh oh...  :-X :-X

That one with the old man on the tram is funny haha
  •  

sparrow

Quote from: Martine A. on December 27, 2015, 04:46:42 PM
Oh yeah, that started to look like he was beginning to get his badass moment.

Seriously, what is wrong with people?  "I'm gonna prove to the world that I'm manlier than this woman!"

I walk fast.  People a foot taller than me have to jog to keep up with me.  This has been a marvelous defensive mechanism over the years.  I've had several people try to start a fight with my recently-departed shadow.  God help them if they actually succeed...

I had a similar experience on a train the other day.  A big construction worker, clearly on his way home from a long day's work, a member of a marginalized ethnic group, got onto the train.  He gave me an odd look and it seemed like he was uncomfortable looking at me.  Suddenly, he got a little grin and say "hey, cool hair!"  Sweet.  That just made my day.  He wasn't hitting on me, or making fun of me... he was just friendly.
  •  

Martine A.

Quote from: Vinyl Scratch on December 27, 2015, 04:53:31 PM
That one with the old man on the tram is funny haha

Actually, I perceive it as sweet. :icon_chick:
Older guys are cute to me if I say so. This one actually was. I just still refuse to believe a man can really see the woman in me.

Quote from: sparrow on December 27, 2015, 05:03:03 PM
I walk fast.

Hey, a fellow street fox. ;) Want to move as a pack sometime?
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

sparrow

Quote from: Martine A. on December 27, 2015, 05:05:59 PM
Hey, a fellow street fox. ;) Want to move as a pack sometime?

Heck yes!  You live in Iceland, don't you?  My bags are already packed!
  •