News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Quick Beard Shadow Make Up

Started by Martine A., October 13, 2015, 01:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martine A.

Here is a recipe I used last weekend.

This is just for the beard shadow, and probably to reduce it if not to hide it completely. It worked for me no worse than a full cover, but have got to say I am currently doing laser sessions so my beard is less intense now than before. Here is the recipe:

1. Put some primer on the beard shadow, on the top of moisturizer & other skin care stuff.
2. Then, in the same area, draw thin vertical stripes with a lipstick. Yea, lipstick stripes on your skin, over the beard shadow. Pick it as contrast to the beard shadow or a good CC for your skin. So, ymmv, for me sort of bright orange worked (MAC's Satin Sushi Kiss).
3. Smear the stripes in the skin until it is all blended in.
4. Next, add another level of primer over the beard shadow.
5. Then add the powder. I use MAC's studio fix N4. Make it border softly with your uncovered skin.

That is it.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

Martine A.

People, this really works for my everyday. It is worth checking out whether it works for you too.

I write with a small update. Yesterday I was by dentist and had two long hours of heavy butchering. Some apprentice got to try things on me a number of times until I realized that and then the doc got to me to do it right.

My make up was completely destroyed. Was ready for it, but I did my procedure above in haste. It was of lesser quality than usual. So... oh my, at my work I got so many more looks and glances that were telling something is wrong. Quite a bit of difference to past days when I just did it the way I usually do it.

The highlight: timing is important; you should give things time to dry. Primer. 5 mins. Lipstick. 3 mins. Primer. 5 mins. Powder.

The change: The orange lipstick was not really all I needed, beside MAC's Satin Sushi Kiss shade (sort of bright orange), I also added Lustre Pretty Please (pink-ish shade). I blend them with a sponge over an already dry layer of primer. Not my skin tone yet, but that is what the powder is for.

Good luck girls!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
  •  

RobynD

Thank you! I followed this process this morning and wow. Looks better than the primer, concealer, foundation process i was using.

•  

Martine A.

Glad to help anyone in my position! Meanwhile I added concealer to the recipe. I added it because I have purple beard shadow and sure have trouble finding yellow / lime lipstick... ymmv.

So, I am doing these things first:

- Shave
- Face hygiene
- Face care
- Let it get absorbed and dry

Now first some remarks:
- I use two blender sponges... one for the top powder, one for the rest
- I use edge of a blender sponge, so it absorbs as little as possible of the ingredients; Also once when one edge is used enough, there are other edges
- I add everything around the lips. That is, lips remain untouched, free for lip balm.
- The pauses can be used to pack bag or whatever other preparations before going out.

This is how I cover the beard shadow --

• Primer dots on the beard shadow. I disperse them with edge of a blender sponge.
  • Then I let it all dry. It is intended as a thin layer between my skin & skin care, and the stuff I am putting on
  • Then I add the mix of lipsticks over that and blend with edge of a blender sponge quickly
  • Then I add concealer right after that; I use toothpicks to disperse really small and thin stripes... you can use something more sophisticated
  • Then I blend everything with edge of a blender sponge
  • Let it dry; 5-10 mins.
  • The I add primer over it, I use toothpicks to add it, and then blend very carefully with edge of a blender sponge, as it would take off or dislocate the concealer; At least those that I am using... when that happens, I just add a bit more concealer and cover the hole
  • Wait of 3 mins.
  • Finally, I add the powder, using a blender sponge that is only for the powder

Over the day, I only fix the powder top. Of course I have trouble with leaking nose, blowing nose, a simple meal. etc. etc. etc.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  •