Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Laser or Electro?

Started by shanetastic, September 19, 2007, 07:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisagurl

Because I spent $3600 on laser at 14 visits with my dark hair and did less good than my first visit to E2K which was $1100. Driving and motel was another $150. Laser seems fine until 6 months later when it all grows back. Driving was an adtional $30 visit =$420

Your mileage may very.
  •  

shanetastic

Quote from: lisagurl on September 28, 2007, 04:06:15 PM
Because I spent $3600 on laser at 14 visits with my dark hair and did less good than my first visit to E2K which was $1100. Driving and motel was another $150. Laser seems fine until 6 months later when it all grows back. Driving was an adtional $30 visit =$420

Your mileage may very.

Ouch!  I decided to go with electro, just because I don't have a lot of facial hair, and most of it is very thin either way and blonde.
trying to live life one day at a time
  •  

seldom

Quote from: lisagurl on September 28, 2007, 04:06:15 PM

Your mileage may very.

It grew back on you, but  by in large that is not the case, at least around here.  (Most everybody I know has done laser).  This is from people who did laser a couple of years ago.  That was your experience, but from what I understand is that represents literally 1% of the total of people using laser, where it does not seem to stick. 

•  

lisagurl

An odd 1%.My house mate transitioned 6 years ago and had 22 laser treatments in San Francisco and still about 50% grew back on her also over a few years.
  •  

Berliegh

Quote from: shanetastic on September 19, 2007, 07:46:52 PM
I've been stuck trying to decide what would be better to invest my money into.  So far like I think I've obtained some info in regards to laser, and that is that it is not permanent hair removal. . .  But at the same time I don't know that much about electro.  Can someone give me some advice on this please?  I'm stuck trying to figure out which way to go before I invent probably thousands ugh.

I've seen the scars on people who had electrolisis...like little tram lines.....I've only had laser and wouldn't touch electrolisis.....
  •  

elena

This has been a very informative debate, and I thank everyone for contributing.  I have a somewhat tan skin and very dark facial hair, I hope to have good results with the laser treatment.  It seems to me though, that elecro is an absolute.  You kill the cell, forever, and it's gone at that instant.  With laser it looks like a wait is in order for those that wish the hair to be gone forever, with the mantra being maybe it is permanent maybe it isnt.  Tomorrow is my first consultation, and hopefully I'll be scheduled for my first hair removal later this week or early next week.  If you guys like, I can keep an updated forum post in regards to my experience.  I am so nervous, yet so ready to put my feet first into the gender change pool, and I can't wait till I come out that otherside of the pool as the person I know I always was. . .

Elena
  •  

shanetastic

Quote from: elena on September 30, 2007, 06:18:47 PM
This has been a very informative debate, and I thank everyone for contributing.  I have a somewhat tan skin and very dark facial hair, I hope to have good results with the laser treatment.  It seems to me though, that elecro is an absolute.  You kill the cell, forever, and it's gone at that instant.  With laser it looks like a wait is in order for those that wish the hair to be gone forever, with the mantra being maybe it is permanent maybe it isnt.  Tomorrow is my first consultation, and hopefully I'll be scheduled for my first hair removal later this week or early next week.  If you guys like, I can keep an updated forum post in regards to my experience.  I am so nervous, yet so ready to put my feet first into the gender change pool, and I can't wait till I come out that otherside of the pool as the person I know I always was. . .

Elena

Please keep me updated Elena, I'm curious to see how your results are.
trying to live life one day at a time
  •