Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Being Christian and Transsexual

Started by stephaniec, December 18, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cin

I believe in God 100%. However I am not big on religion, I don't really know which one is true and which is not.
  •  

nekoneko

One of my dreams as transgender is to became a priestess of an evangelical path..
  •  

Tinatima

It's not about "being good"... the "Law".  It's about loving God and loving our neighbors"... How do I know that?  Jesus told me!
  •  

2.B.Dana

I have been a devoted Christian for nearly 30 years. My heart aches because of the pain represented by these posts.
I am embarrassed to say that I had very little understanding of trans issues and never thought it was my issue because I did not present in the "cliche" ways which are covered in the mainstream articles one would probably see. When I finally researched my issues and was led to transgender issues I was challenged in my thinking. In looking for some guidance I came across a website called gendertree. It provided me a lot clarification and comfort. I would highly suggest it.
I do believe that the "church" as a whole will have to answer to the Lord someday for how it has treated the entire LGBT community. Very sad.
I fully understand that we can all believe what we choose, but if your eternity was at stake don't let a screwed up ambassador steer you away from a God who dearly loves you just the way you are.
Cheers,

Dana

•  

Jacqueline

Quote from: Tinatima on March 06, 2017, 05:47:23 PM
It's not about "being good"... the "Law".  It's about loving God and loving our neighbors"... How do I know that?  Jesus told me!

Hi Tinatima,

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for weighing in on the topic.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Dianne H

It's sad to watch so many people turn away from Jesus because of denominations, Christians, and the constant "my sin doesn't matter, but yours does" mindset.

It says the were first called Christians in Antioch.

Not straight Christians, gay Christians, transgender Christians, but Christians.

Not Baptists, Pentecostals, Catholic or anything else.

So many have forgotten, or overlooked for their own conscious that there is a sin not unto death, or sin which is not willing and can be prayed for.

There is also a sin unto death, willful sinning after knowing the truth which is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost. Jesus said that sin cannot be forgiven.

That means that if I am transgender and don't care what the Lord thinks or the word of God says I am committing a sin unto death, or blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.

This also means that if I am transgender and cannot help how I feel, what I think or how it effects my life it is a sin not unto death which can be prayed for and forgiven.

So how does this set of scriptures and their meanings effect straight and cisgender people?

If they are proud of heart and don't care what the Lord thinks or what his word says they are committing a sin unto death, or blasphemy of the Holy Ghost which can not be forgiven.

If they accidentally get lifted up with pride and do care what the Lord thinks and what his word says, just like a transgender person who cannot help how they feel, etc... , it is a sin not unto death and can be prayed for.

The problem is too many clergy so called professional and not enough preachers led of the Holy Ghost. No where in scripture do we find seminary, Christian colleges or education but in one scripture; and if memory serves me right she was a keeper of the wardrobe. Either way, being a Prophetess, she was speaking as the oracles of God by the Holy Ghost and not college teaching.

These divisions such as straight, gay, cisgender, transgender, Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist, Presbyterian, Protestant and so on are all divisions. It is written in Proverbs that those who cause divisions are an abomination.

What doesn't matter is if I'm transgender. What does matter is if I believe in my heart the Jesus Christ is the Son of God, Jehovah, Lord God Almighty.

What does matter is if I care enough to know that scripture declares it wrong but that I trust the Lord for mercy because I cannot help it.

It's sad that people pick and choose their sins and abominations and some of us end up hurting and many lose their trust in the Lord and turn away.

Rant's over.

I hope nobody's offended. If so, I'm sorry.
  •  

smart_michelle

I am transgender and Christian.

I've been asked many times, if I have mentioned something to do with church, "are you religious?". It does seem to confuse a lot of people when I say no, I'm not religious, but I have faith.

The problem, as I see it, is that mankind decided to dictate what people should and should not believe, think, do, not do.
Jesus was quite clear that no one should be stopped from coming to Him, that obeying all the Jewish laws wasn't enough, and that all were welcome - including those who were regarded as social outcasts of the time.

The current composition of the Bible for instance is based on decisions made by the early 300's AD, and there's lots of stuff missing for which we either have some whole chunks (as in the Apocrypha etc.) or fragments of "gospels" from the early church. So, although we have the passages about Eunuchs that have survived, I would have imagine that amongst all the people that met Jesus, and formed part of the early Church, there were LGBT people - Roman and Greek sources show that LGBT people were around in that society. But of course the early church went off down a very male dominated path over time, and so a less balanced and inclusive view of the life and events of Jesus and the teachings from the early apostles gradually developed, and it is only very recently that even the Church of England has been able to allow women Bishops for instance, and the objections to this was supposedly theological. The Catholic church can't even yet handle women priests!

I have been very much supported by ministers and others in local churches, and at some point soon I will hopefully present myself in church as Michelle. I am very much looking forward to taking communion and receiving a blessing as a Christian woman. There are though people - particularly in the "evangelical" wing of the church that really can't handle LGBT, and indeed can be condemning and very un-Christian, but luckily I don't really (with one or two exceptions) have much contact with them.

My faith is strong and I am happy and know I am loved by God.

Michelle

•  

BritneyX

I am a Christian and just that.  Faith in Jesus Christ, that He is the Son of God, Son of Man and that He Sacrificed Himself upon the Cross so that we may have eternal Salvation.. No man made church is required.  That includes the Roman catholic chvrch.  Joining a congregation or attending church is strictly up to you. 

John 14:6  Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

If you read the Book of Matthew, all of the prophecies had been leading up to Jesus Christ, the Sacrificial Lamb, dying upon the Cross to pay the debt for Man's/Woman's Sins. 

Matthew 27:50-53  50And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus' resurrection and[e] went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Read closely and you can see that the reason for an intercessor (Holy of Holies) is no longer required.  Other translations has "the rocks split" to mean the alter stone of the Temple split in two, meaning that the Sacrifice has been made and accepted as payment for the debt of our Sin.  The Laws of the Old Testament no longer hold sway over us, nor can they prevent us from Walking with God, thru Jesus.  Even if the Bible actually did call us out as a Sin, we can longer be held accountable to the point where we can no longer be immersed in the Love of the Lamb.  Remember, Christ Died on the Cross for ALL humankind's Sin; Good or Evil.

Matthew 7:7-8  "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

When I came to accept that who I am on the inside belongs on the outside, I experienced a warm, gushing euphoria that enveloped me.  It was as if I was connected to the energy of the cosmos.  It was a strange, yet all too familiar feeling.  I quickly recognized it as the way I feel with my direct connection that I have with Jesus.  For a long time, I struggled with the question of what I was feeling was correct or was I headed off into some worldly tangent.  Jesus was letting me know that I was His Child and that it was alright for me to be who I am.   That is my personal experience. 
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:
  •  

BritneyX

Quote from: smart_michelle on April 27, 2018, 02:36:14 PM
I am transgender and Christian.
My faith is strong and I am happy and know I am loved by God.

Michelle

Please read my post that I made.  It correlates to what you said and our Beliefs.

Quote from: BritneyX on December 31, 2018, 07:30:26 PM
I am a Christian and just that.  Faith in Jesus Christ, that He is the Son of God, Son of Man and that He Sacrificed Himself upon the Cross so that we may have eternal Salvation.. No man made church is required.  That includes the Roman catholic chvrch.  Joining a congregation or attending church is strictly up to you. 

John 14:6  Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

If you read the Book of Matthew, all of the prophecies had been leading up to Jesus Christ, the Sacrificial Lamb, dying upon the Cross to pay the debt for Man's/Woman's Sins. 

Matthew 27:50-53  50And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus' resurrection and[e] went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Read closely and you can see that the reason for an intercessor (Holy of Holies) is no longer required.  Other translations has "the rocks split" to mean the alter stone of the Temple split in two, meaning that the Sacrifice has been made and accepted as payment for the debt of our Sin.  The Laws of the Old Testament no longer hold sway over us, nor can they prevent us from Walking with God, thru Jesus.  Even if the Bible actually did call us out as a Sin, we can longer be held accountable to the point where we can no longer be immersed in the Love of the Lamb.  Remember, Christ Died on the Cross for ALL humankind's Sin; Good or Evil.

Matthew 7:7-8  "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

When I came to accept that who I am on the inside belongs on the outside, I experienced a warm, gushing euphoria that enveloped me.  It was as if I was connected to the energy of the cosmos.  It was a strange, yet all too familiar feeling.  I quickly recognized it as the way I feel with my direct connection that I have with Jesus.  For a long time, I struggled with the question of what I was feeling was correct or was I headed off into some worldly tangent.  Jesus was letting me know that I was His Child and that it was alright for me to be who I am.   That is my personal experience.
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:
  •