Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

In: Transgender “chestfeeding” in new mom breastfeeding support groups

Started by stephaniec, December 19, 2015, 07:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

In: Transgender "chestfeeding" in new mom breastfeeding support groups

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/12/in-transgender-chestfeeding-in-new-mom-breastfeeding-support-groups/

legal Insurrection/ Posted by Anne Sorock      Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 10:30am

"Three weeks ago the Huffington Post published an article detailing the distress of transgendered parents who breastfeed, "The Troubling Erasure of Trans Parents Who Breastfeed."

The article describes the way gendered pronouns and attitudes are excluding men who nurse, and the legalities associated with challenging the heretofore female-centric endeavor of breastfeeding.

In particular, women who have had chest surgery and now identify as men, described how they are made to feel unwelcome in breastfeeding circles. Here is one example from Canada:"
  •  

Peep

I'm not sure what the point of this article is. Are they supporting chestfeeding parents or just complaining about "PC police" (because it's fundamental to their well being to be able to post passive-aggressive comments about an issue that doesn't actually affect them)? Also don't read the comments unless you want to feel like banging your head on a wall
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Peep on December 20, 2015, 03:51:26 PM
I'm not sure what the point of this article is. Are they supporting chestfeeding parents or just complaining about "PC police" (because it's fundamental to their well being to be able to post passive-aggressive comments about an issue that doesn't actually affect them)?

I'm quite sure it is the second one. The author is not saying anything about chestfeeding parents. They're only talking about the deletion of comments.

Quote from: Peep on December 20, 2015, 03:51:26 PM
Also don't read the comments unless you want to feel like banging your head on a wall

I didn't spend a lot of time reading the article, much less the comments. Didn't seem to affect me personally or anyone I know.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

stephaniec

•  

suzifrommd

Quote from: stephaniec on December 20, 2015, 09:44:42 PM
the video explains it a bit. Finding acceptance

Though the video is really a sidebar to the article. It's more provided as background so the reader understands the topic of discussion for which posts were removed. It's not what the article is about. The article is about censorship of internet comments, not about chestfeeding.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •