Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Tiny masculinization tips

Started by mertonpride, December 24, 2015, 12:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mertonpride

So I've been looking for a place to share these two tips I've discovered for DFAB people who want to look even a little less feminine pre-T. Sorry if they've been discussed before.

1. Eyebrows - just thickening your eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil will de-feminize you more than you might expect. Don't go overboard, just fill them out a bit and make sure they're at least as dark as your head-hair.
2. Hairline - I somehow passed as male at my last haircut and the hairdresser offered to buzz my hairline, and I was amazed at how much it made my whole face appear more masculinely shaped. Basically you want to get rid of the hair at your temples, even if you're too young for male pattern baldness. Look at the hairlines of males your age to get a more detailed idea of what you're going for.

These might not necessarily make you pass better, but they've definitely made looking in the mirror a thousand times more bearable for me (especially the hairline thing). [emoji8]
  •  

schwarzwalderkirschtort

I seriously never took my hairline into consideration, though to be fair my hair pretty much covers my face nowadays since i never really style it to be fair.

I tried darkening my eyebrows as well, but be really careful with it, since it's too easy to go overboard. I see so many ftms with drawn on eyebrows and it drives me insane. Quitting plucking them helps too, if you can stand it (I can't really to be honest)

i actually cut my eyelashes a bit since i have naturally long and thick eyelashes, and it makes a huge difference
  •  

Tristyn

I definitely agree, Merton, that bigger and bushier eyebrows combined with a very receding hairline will present you with a far more masculine appearance than the opposite of those things would.

I catch my reflection in the mirror and actually hold it nowadays instead of running away from it all of the time, now that I've made some changes to my hairstyle and just allow my eyebrows to grow. Well, I hardly ever trimmed them, except when pressured to by a sister and her daughter to "look more girly." >.>
  •