Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Waxing . . .

Started by gina_taylor, September 23, 2007, 07:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gina_taylor

I'm sure that a lot of you girls have been here before, so I thought I'd ask since I'm thinking about it. Once you get your legs waxed, does the hair grow back faster than when you shave or slower?

Gina  :icon_dance: :icon_geekdance:
  •  

NickSister

I think hair grows at the same speed no matter what. But seeing as the hair has to grow from root-up after waxing, instead of from skin level,  it takes longer to appear i.e. you stay smoother longer. Also I think there is evidence to show that regrowth after repeated waxing tends to be finer.
  •  

saraswatidevi

My take on waxing is that the hairs grow more slowly. In fact they grow erratically. That is about 10 % of the hairs grow at what seemed the fastest rate and different hairs grow even more slowly. When I shaved it seemed that the hairs all grew at roughly the same rate. It has been about 2 months since my first waxing and only very few hairs have to be done again. When shaving I had to redo it every week or two so this is definitely better. I have also been sugaring. I like it better than waxing since it is more gentle on the skin. You can find directions for sugaring in the Wiki if you want to try it or some of my other posts.
  •  

NickSister

Your right saraswatidevi. I did a little research online and it sounds like in time waxing does slow down hairgrowth.
  •  

gina_taylor

Thanks for your input NikSister and Saraswatidevil.I've just read the WIKI section on sugar hair removal and it actually looks difficult, and I read about the waxing. So I really think that I'm going to stick with shaving. I just wish there was an easier way of getting rid of unwanted hair.

Gina  :icon_dance:
  •  

aliciat

If you start doing it regularly it can slow down hair growth dramatically.
  •  

gina_taylor

Hmmm, that's something to consider, since I only shave once a week. Thanks for the suggestion aliciat.

Gina   :icon_dance:
  •  

saraswatidevi

Neither sugaring nor waxing is hard. You need the right supplies (muslin strips and wooden sticks) and you need to develop a technique. Sugaring takes some playing around to perfect. And it is messy but you learn it like anything else.
  •