Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Shout-out: Non-binary friendly organizations

Started by Ms DeeDee, February 12, 2016, 10:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms DeeDee

I hope this is an OK place to do this but I had a wonderful experience last night as I renewed my certification with ISACA, which sponsors several globally recognized information security certifications, such as the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), which I hold.  They have a demographics information that is associated with one's profile (i.e. it's not anonymous).  Some parts are mandatory, though this part is not.  It asks "Which of the following describes how you think of yourself:"  The choices are "Female", "Male", "Prefer not to respond", and "In another way".  I thought to myself that this was very accepting of them and it made me feel good to be associated with them (certified by them but not a member).  I took the opportunity to choose "In another way", the first time I haven't chosen male on any such thing, let alone a non-anonymous one, which made me feel really good but I also thought to myself there ought to be a place to give them a shout-out for this and other companies and organizations that are transgender/non-binary friendly even in a small way like this, especially as I see a lot of discussion on here about discrimination and sometimes it's important to know there are positive cases, too.  I of course have no idea how they treat their employees but I'm encouraged at least.

(Kindly let me know if this post is in the wrong place or shouldn't be here at all, I'm very new).

DeeDee
  •