News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Talked to my neighbor

Started by TechGirl, January 07, 2016, 08:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechGirl

Ok,

I have finally accepted that I am transgendered.

And since I dress sometimes (neck down w/forms) and grill on my patio, I've been growing concerned that my neighbor just might notice something, especially since our backyards are catty-corner to each other and we see each other sometimes when out on our patios.

So I decided to take my son and talk to the wife over there (she likes to visit the baby).  This is the first person other than my S.O. that I decided to talk to (did go in drab).

I will admit I was very nervous.

But for no reason.

Of course she understood!

What a relief.  Just like many have said around this forum, most people don't really care.  Now my neighbor knows.  And she doesn't expect any issues from her husband or kids, so I don't have to hide when trying to run the grill :-)
  •  

Jill F

Why am I picturing the scene from Mrs. Doubtfire right now?

Anyway, so glad it worked out for you.

After not speaking with one of my neighbors for years, he came to the door looking to borrow a tool.

Neighbor: "Hi, I don't think we've met yet.  I'm J. from next door.   Is your husband at home?  I'd like to borrow the blower for a few minutes."
Me: "I don't have a husband..." *giggle*
Neighbor: "Is Greg here?"
Me: "Greg isn't around anymore."
Neighbor: "He died?"
Me: "No, I'm Jill now."
Neighbor: *jaw drop*, I'm outta here!"

My other neighbor drunkenly kissed me, but that's a story for another day.
  •  

TG CLare

That's funny Jill. I have a brand new neighbour and they have yet to meet Clare. Wonder how that's going to go?

I've also been kissed by someone who didn't know I was tarns. That was an awkward moment for sure as I wasn't remotely expecting it. He didn't know so it was a surprise to him too. Kind of strained our relationship after that.

Love,
Clare
I am the same on the inside, just different wrapping on the outside.

It is vain to quarrel with destiny.-Thomas Middleton.

Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dr. McGinn girl, June 2015!
  •  

TechGirl

Ok,

Update time here.  Took the neighbor thing to the next level, and this time with my wife.

Just had dinner over their house, dressed neck down tucked with forms. Both ok with me,  kids didn't ask anything,  mom-in-law no comments,  all a ok.

Feels so liberating!
  •