Main Menu

David Bowie RIP

Started by stephaniec, January 11, 2016, 01:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

David Bowie  69   goodbye Beautiful
  •  

Ms Grace

Wow, that's really sad. I had no idea he was fighting cancer. I was just listening to Let's Dance last night, and Scary Monsters last week... :( :( :(

He was one of my fave male artists when I was a kid.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

CalmRage

he is not dead, he has just returned to his homeplanet.

RIP

•  

Matthew

Had no idea until just now, RIP
  •  

Lyric

It's an unfortunate loss, for sure. He had a very full life, but it would have been nice to have had him for longer. I was never really a big fan of his music, but I had nothing against it, either.

As I recall, back in the 1970s he was very much into transgenderism, though stopped short of declaring himself as such. I know he spent a lot of time with transgendered people. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that he may have even gotten breasts himself for a time. I seem to have seen a photo somewhere years ago, but it may have been fake. Back in those days, the common procedure was to simply inject liquid silicon into the chest rather than to embed plastic bags as they do now. There are several other ways that temporary breasts can be put in place, though. If anyone knows more about this, it would be interesting to hear.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

BeverlyAnn

You've got your mother in a whirl cause she's not sure if you're a boy or a girl.

RIP David from all of us Rebels.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

kittenpower

That is terrible; he will be missed, but his music lives on...
  •  

♥︎ SarahD ♥︎

A gorgeous human being.  His music and his legacy shall live on in all of us who he's helped give hope to.

R.I.P David Bowie
♥x♥x♥x♥x♥
*Hugs*
"You never find the path to your true self, but rather - you find your true self along the path"
  •  

Elis

I didn't realise he died until I logged on to Susans  :'(. A huge loss to the world and if only I was born in the 50s so I could have gone to one of his concerts :/.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

michelle666

I actually teared up when I found out about David Bowie. Thats never happened to me with a celebrity death before. RIP.
  •  

stephaniec

he represented freedom to me
  •  

Roses and Songs

To me he represented the idea of not respecting the script, he got rid of the norm and got real. He was a beautiful man and he was a courageous man and I will always love him, he gave me a lot.

Back in the days when I was singing in bars, a guy once told me that I should sing Bowie, I didn't know any at that time but I thought, Bowie - Trans, yes, logical, why not and that's what I did. I learned 5 or 6 and here's one of them. Enjoy, Rose.

•