Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Anyone use any homemade natural beauty products?

Started by Kendall, July 06, 2006, 01:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendall

Anyone that knows me, knows I am always trying and learning new beauty/fashion things. My latest interest is in natural things you can do at home for beauty enhancing.

I made a few facial masks/ cleansers and stuff recently.

Made one from yogurt, honey, virgin olive oil

Tried butter on lips to soften

I just checked out a natural beauty book from my work.

I am going to try some different things so I am wondering if others are using anything.
  •  

Melissa

I like the oil of olay products.  I use a facial scrub to get off dead skin (caused by hormones) and use moisurizer on my face often.  As a result, I have good looking skin which really helps with passing well.  I get these tips from GGs and they seem to apply to me as well.

Melissa
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: wickham_kendra on July 06, 2006, 01:24:13 AM
Anyone that knows me, knows I am always trying and learning new beauty/fashion things. My latest interest is in natural things you can do at home for beauty enhancing.

I made a few facial masks/ cleansers and stuff recently.

Made one from yogurt, honey, virgin olive oil

Tried butter on lips to soften

I just checked out a natural beauty book from my work.

I am going to try some different things so I am wondering if others are using anything.

The only homemade beauty product that i use is a body lotion- moisturizer that i use after I shower.  i suffer a little from dry skin and i found that this works better for me than the store bought products.  A girl friend of mine makes it but she closely guards her recipe.

Steph
  •  

Kendall

Trying a new cleanser/moisturizer I made after reading what helps

whole milk - cleanses and brings out the best skin
sour cream - lactic acid nourish and soften face/ lines, cleanser
honey- natural humectant and skin softener
egg -   egg white toner, protein, yolk moisturizes
vinegar - toner, great for dry skin
oatmeal- nourishes the skin- protein, mousturizes

Fruits- alpha-hydroxy, vitamin c- healing and collagen, revitalizes
lemon juice- antiseptic and restores acidity to skin, lighten blemishes
grape juice

Oils are essential for skin (high in vitamin E)
virgin olive oil
vegatable oil
flax seed, omega 3

I actually puncture the gel vitamins I have of these and put it in the mixture
vitamin E - healing skin, antioxidant
Vitamin A - anti aging promotes youthful skin, correct functioning of epithelial cells, promotes collagen and faster , increases skin turnover

After let it sit a while
I try using witch hazel after I wash off the above cleanser/moisturizer after 15 to 20 min

witch hazel- closes pores (locks in moisture, decreases over active oil production)

Of course someone allergic to any of the ingredients above shouldnt even consider adding those ingredients such as milk, eggs, oil from nuts. Gonna try this a few weeks see how it goes till I run out of one batch.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Let me know how it works for you as I'm always interested in homemade items such as this.

Steph
  •  

Kendall

We went shopping yesterday. While we were getting things she suddenly asked if I was wearing makeup. At the time I wasnt wearing any, but I had used the stuff I made earlier. She said my skin looked real good. I didnt expect any result to show for a week or two, but maybe something changed a little even after 2 times.
  •