Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

FtM Crossdressers?

Started by m3morpho, January 15, 2016, 07:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m3morpho

Is this a thing? Because even though I identify as male 100% and 100% of the time, I even quite literally feel I was "born in the wrong body", I just...idk, I like makeup, and I like dresses, and I still want to wear them...... Idk if it technically counts as crossdressing, because I still would like a bit of facial hair and would like to be taken as a "man in a dress", so to speak, but gender-nonconforming at the least. So, are there any gender-nonconforming, gender-variant, or crossdressing FtMs? Am I alone in this?
❤️ RESIDENT PRETTY BOY ❤️.
transition100, my blog about FtM life: http://transition100.tumblr.com/
  •  

Dalibar

I'm sort of like this, too! It made me really confused, and still does. I do identify as nothing (sorry brain farting on the property term) or male it fluctuates. I like a lot of "Feminine" stuff like ball jointed dolls and still would like to Wear Lolita fashion once in a while. I have a collection of Plushies on my bed. Heck, I even cosplayed as Celty from Durarara and still want to cosplay females. Glad to know I'm not alone in this, it sometimes makes me feel like I'm a "fake" trans.
"He viewed his own mentality as grotesque but useful, like a chair made of antlers. There was nothing he could do about it."
  •  

Belial

Long time ago when we were having crosdressing community carnival parties, I did crossdress in dress (playing the princess). It felt ok for me but generally there were many people from forum who didn't catch me being ftm and were treating me as a woman. "You got dressed up". Uh oh no.

I was thinking the other day that I could in the future crosdress as a woman for the fun of it. For now I still live as a woman. ;)
X% of male inside.
  •  

Elis

I think a lot of men whether cis or trans like fem things; but with the pressure from society to be a manly man we learn to hide it.
After realising I was trans I've gradually also learned I do like fem things and that there's nothing wrong with it. Clothes are clothes and can't have a gender attached to them. In some tribal cultures men openly wear jewellery and makeup. Now I'm on T and look more manly I want to express my feminine side more because I'm not likely to get misgendered. I bought jeggings and skirts which I love. I want to get my ears pierced. And I have an undercut but I'm growing out the fringe so I'll look more girly.
I want to be a pretty handsome man in a dress and that's how I see myself in the future. Just wear what you want.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

sparrow

Dudes can wear skirts and heels and makeup.  As I like to say, it's only cross-dressing if you don't identify that presentation as appropriate for your gender.

I went to a costume party last night dressed as Frank-n-furter from Rocky Horror.  I was assigned male at birth but my gender is kinda all over the place.  I described the outfit as "doublecross-dressing" since I was dressed up as a transvestite male.
  •  

Tristyn

Hey Morpho.

I have to be honest with you, I'm not so hellbent on identifying myself in gender-wise ways like this as I was when I first started my membership here. I think the priceless interaction I get here with you guys has really eased up on my almost desperation to be "looked at" correctly, so to speak.

I used to identify partly as a "crossdresser" but I think it was for the wrong reason. It was because I was dressing (and still do) in a way that reflects the opposite gender that I was assigned as. But in reality, this is not cross dressing because I dress and was dressing in the gender that I really am which is male. I think for me this would have been cross dressing if I were wearing effeminate clothing like dresses and stuff.

But I see what you are saying. I think you could easily be considered an FTM crossdresser. And there is definitely no shame in that. There are so many. I saw alot on deviantArt, for example. I even do a little crossdressing myself, but never a dress. Like little accessories such as wristbands and some jewelry, but its kept at a very extreme minimum.
  •  

Peep

I don't really think clothes have a gender (just look at how much the 'male' and 'female' clothes, colours, fabrics, patterns have changed over the years and between different countries and cultures), it just happens that because of the associations with ~male clothes i prefer those while my body is wrong for me. if i could wear a dress and not feel like a mutant i would. :P I've got a couple that i bought as a 'girl' (never wore) that i might hang onto for when i'm further along. it might be fun.
  •  

Tristyn

Quote from: Peep on January 18, 2016, 07:33:41 AM
if i could wear a dress and not feel like a mutant i would. :P I've got a couple that i bought as a 'girl' (never wore) that i might hang onto for when i'm further along. it might be fun.

I know, right?! ;D

•  

Peep

Quote from: King Phoenix on January 18, 2016, 10:29:24 AM
I know, right?! ;D

i considered keeping an old DD cup bra so that one day i can put it on and stick a couple of grapefruits in the space between the cups and my chest :P
  •  

Tristyn

Quote from: Peep on January 18, 2016, 03:52:28 PM
i considered keeping an old DD cup bra so that one day i can put it on and stick a couple of grapefruits in the space between the cups and my chest :P

Seriously...You're braver than me. ;D I think I'll pass there.

But, hypothetically speaking here, if I did something like that right now, everyone around would really be at a loss of words. But, ah, they could all jump off The Titanic for all I care. :D Expressing ourselves isn't about them anyhow, right guys? :laugh:
  •  

Peep

I'd just like to have enough confidence for 'gendered' objects to not traumatise me any more
like to wear a dress or whatever and feel like it really doesn't mean anything
whereas now it's like strapping on a weight
it would be cool to be able to joke about it one day
  •