Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Effects of low dosage HRT on MTF over 60 years old

Started by Charla, January 20, 2016, 12:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charla

I have been on a low dose of spiro and finestaride for a year and 3 months and have had minimal side effects (slower body hair growth and refilling of head hair, plus some loss of dysphoria).  I don't want to transition but I do want to reduce the dysphoria more, so I will be asking my GP to start me on a low dose of estrogen.  My psychologist is in agreement and will write a letter. I am hoping that there will be no significant body changes give my age.  How realistic is that? I realize that YMMV.  However I am guessing someone in this group is using low doses for the same purposes.  Thanks for any help!

Charla
  •  

RobynD

I believe it all varies based on so many factors. I started HRT at 49 and have remained on a low dose to date. I have have pretty rapid breast growth from a large A to C Cup in less than a year, added inches to my hips and bottom and my body hair has slowed to a very slow growth rate. (plus the GD benefits)

Based on that, my doc said there was no reason to increase unless things slow down or revert in any way.

The good news is that i think you will notice any potential rapid changes and could adjust accordingly to your desires.

•  

islandgirl

Hi Charla. I am now 62 and have been on HRT for a year or so. I started with spire, added a low dose of estrogen, and then added dutasteride. I wanted to transition slowly at the beginning, but soon decided it was all in! during my low dosage period, I have upped E two times since, I had little change other than skin being softer and body hair thinning. My dysphoria was better for a while but did not stay that way. 

I think that each of us is going to respond differently to HRT. Genetics plays major role. I, for example, have had little breast development, between A and B cup, where others, as in Robyn's case developed more rapidly.

All the best with you choice and remember to follow what feels right for you. The increase in dosage of E can be in small increments and can adjusted at any time. Follow your doctors advise.
  •