Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TicTac

Quote from: Allison S on March 29, 2018, 01:27:49 PM
Thanks for your honesty. I'm terrible with pain. Whenever I get lasered, it's just my face, but the shock pushes my whole body back so I'm literally involuntarily jumping while laying down... it's actually very funny!

You're right..  I've been tweezing the white hairs. I saw an electrologist last week but we didn't get to do a trial. Maybe that was for the best..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Avoiding electrolysis would be the correct choice in my opinion lol. I wish someone would have told me before I went through that hell...sigh. My electrologist told me it was the best option, but she was lying lol. I am so glad I did laser instead.
  •  

MollyPants

Frickin everything today wound me up and I just couldn't understand why. Like why I am so bad tempered. I tried eating I tried walking and nothing worked.

Got home and had a shave and put some lippy on with my favourite dress and everything is suddenly fine so I guess it was my dysphoria slapping Menon the face. It's really rubbish sometimes.

Rant over happy Molly now :) xx

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Allison S

Quote from: TicTac on March 29, 2018, 01:35:48 PM
Avoiding electrolysis would be the correct choice in my opinion lol. I wish someone would have told me before I went through that hell...sigh. My electrologist told me it was the best option, but she was lying lol. I am so glad I did laser instead.

I hate that!! I guess they try to sell us on it since that's their job. Yeah I have my 8th laser treatment, I'm hoping I'll be done soon

Quote from: TicTac on March 29, 2018, 01:28:08 PM
Today I am unhappy that the sun is not going away anytime soon. The only time I personally like going out is when it is cold and gloomy, as that is when most people disappear, and plus I just like the rain. I love California, but I truly despise its weather.

You'd love it here in NY in winter!! I'm actually planning to visit CA and maybe move over. Because of the weather!

So I just had a woman that works at the bakery section at the grocery just give me this really nasty look when I told her that my coffee was priced wrong (by the other woman). I had another bag in my hand and she said in a very nasty tone/attitude "so you don't want that?". I'm gonna go back and complain about her. To add salt to the wound she called me "he". She even kept looking at me like I was trying to take something over the glass blocking the abysmal bakery selection...

Not to sound like an egomaniac but I think she was clearly angry that a HE can look better than she does. The other worker was lovely to me though.

•  

big kim

Celulitis back with a leg ulcer to put the cherry on it.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: big kim on March 29, 2018, 02:41:48 PM
Celulitis back with a leg ulcer to put the cherry on it.

Wow!  And they say it goes away and never comes back!
I was medivac in Nam due to my leg hurting, long dark line to a wierd looking pimple which turned out to be cellulitis.  This was back in the way early 70's.  First on a Navy Hospital Ship, then transferred to (fortunately) Naval Regional Medical Center near my hometown.  3 months.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

big kim

My 2nd time with celulitis, started using a  stick in 2014.Spent most of 2015 in a compression bandage
  •  

TicTac

Quote from: Allison S on March 29, 2018, 02:10:39 PM

I hate that!! I guess they try to sell us on it since that's their job. Yeah I have my 8th laser treatment, I'm hoping I'll be done soon

You'd love it here in NY in winter!! I'm actually planning to visit CA and maybe move over. Because of the weather!

So I just had a woman that works at the bakery section at the grocery just give me this really nasty look when I told her that my coffee was priced wrong (by the other woman). I had another bag in my hand and she said in a very nasty tone/attitude "so you don't want that?". I'm gonna go back and complain about her. To add salt to the wound she called me "he". She even kept looking at me like I was trying to take something over the glass blocking the abysmal bakery selection...

Not to sound like an egomaniac but I think she was clearly angry that a HE can look better than she does. The other worker was lovely to me though.

My grandpa used to tell me stories about how cold it would get in the winter, as he grew up in NY. I love the cold but I do have a limit, as anything below 30 degrees is to much for me personally.

Sorry about the crappy situation you went through. People can sometimes be jerks unfortunately.
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: TicTac on March 30, 2018, 03:53:11 AM
My grandpa used to tell me stories about how cold it would get in the winter, as he grew up in NY. I love the cold but I do have a limit, as anything below 30 degrees is to much for me personally.

Sorry about the crappy situation you went through. People can sometimes be jerks unfortunately.
Yeah winter is crazy here.. I always have a problem at this market. It's the closest to where I live so I go for convenience... and then I feel like the guys that work there are following me to make sure I don't steal anything? I hate the place and I'm calling to make a complaint. I don't know if it'll do anything but I'll have to try. I do really like their cookies lol

•  

kk

Allergies!  Or a cold!  Or something!  Gf and I are both sick and we can't afford meds or time off from work, so that's fun!!!
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: kk on March 30, 2018, 11:43:49 AM
Allergies!  Or a cold!  Or something!  Gf and I are both sick and we can't afford meds or time off from work, so that's fun!!!

Definitely something in the air.  I have issues and use tissues all the time.  My daughter has been sick for the past few days.  Spring fever, I tell you, Spring fever!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: kk on March 30, 2018, 11:43:49 AM

That sucks I am sick too mine started last night I caught what we as the outbreak at work.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on March 30, 2018, 12:43:39 PM
That sucks I am sick too mine started last night I caught what we as the outbreak at work.

First off - Tiffany!  Don't you know hospitals are where people go to get sick????

Secondly, my niece text me this morning that my sister who lives in Sacramento is dying and made it sound like she would be dead in the next few days.  This information came to her from my sister's boyfriend.  I asked what was wrong with her and she said he didn't know.  ?????  He wanted everyone to travel to Sacramento to see her.  All the family, excepting me, is in Long Beach and I pretty much thought it was odd that he would expect everyone to jump on a plane and fly to Sacramento. 

My daughter and I are in the process of buying a new car and all the funds are tied up so flying is outta the question.  Then my niece says I need to take the bus and I respond, no way (too old for that).  As I pushed for more information she tells me that her mom (my other sister) and her are going in May. 

I say May?????  I'm a little perturbed by this point and say, May????  You made it sound like she's going to be dead next week.  Apparently, she does dialysis and chemo and her boyfriend freaks out over that. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my family but sometimes I think I have to look for some loose marbles.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Allison S

Responding to a thread here and talking about my family. I'm the youngest of 6 kids. Everyone has their own lives, and we try to stay in touch. Usually we all get together on holidays, birthdays, lunches and other events. Sometimes I'll visit my sisters with my mom. Anyway, they can't do very much for me. I mean they don't have time and I don't want to be a burden.

So what makes me sad is that I have a wall up to protect myself and them. I know people will say I need to open up, but I really don't think it's going to matter. One of my sisters knows and I told her there's nothing anyone can do to help me. And it's true there really isn't. I have to help myself as they're raising their families and going on with their lives. I guess this is what being an adult is like...

•  

Laurel D

Sometimes when I speak I wonder why I say such stupid things. I feel like sometimes my social skills may have eroded.( Or what few social skills I had to begin with. ) I don't get a lot of time to speak to speak to others . So I start off really scared. But once people get me to start talking if feels like I don't know when does shut the hell up. I keep going, I get too personal, I say overly personal things about myself without realizing I did it until it's too late. It sucks because part of me wishes I didn't have the desire to talk to people and make friends. But I do have that desire. I just don't know how to anymore. Has anyone else
felt that way before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Cassi

Well, kind of a follow-up to my earlier post regarding my sister's poor health.  I spoke with my other niece who's my sister's daughter and she was blown away by my other niece's saying that my sister is dying.

Granted she's on dialysis and some chemo but fairing well considering all.  Where and why the niece who's not the daughter of the sister in question (make sense?) got her information is still being questioned.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie K

The ball is now rolling....I hope it doesnt run me 0ver
  •  

Allison S

The guy that I replaced to live in this room called me because I said I'm moving out and gave my 30 day notice. He threatened that I would be responsible for the 3 remaining months I signed the sublease for... he just couldn't accept it and pretty much freaked out on me because he's in Cali. But his good friend who is also on the lease lives here too. And the other new roommate who moved in the same I did wants my room because it's bigger and the same price.

I just don't understand why he's freaking out. I'm basically giving them 30 days, April is paid for and I don't mind helping find someone if they really need me to. I actually got upset and just short of told him to ___ off. Literally he was acting worse than a child. I understand it's not ideal but I explained my situation and that should be enough. So I emailed him to make it more official and I said on there that he can only contact to speak with me in a calm and respectful manner.

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Cassi on March 31, 2018, 12:11:44 AM
Well, kind of a follow-up to my earlier post regarding my sister's poor health.  I spoke with my other niece who's my sister's daughter and she was blown away by my other niece's saying that my sister is dying.

Granted she's on dialysis and some chemo but fairing well considering all.  Where and why the niece who's not the daughter of the sister in question (make sense?) got her information is still being questioned.

Thinking of you and your sister at this time, Hope she gets better.  Hugs
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on March 31, 2018, 04:04:00 PM
Thinking of you and your sister at this time, Hope she gets better.  Hugs

Thank you Tiffany! 
It's appreciated.  My niece who started all this yesterday and has always been my number 1 supporter has been kinda quiet since yesterday.  I don't know if she was drunk or someone gave her bad info or what.  My sister's daughter like I said was blown away when I asked her last night.

In all honesty, while I love both my sisters dearly, this one seem to get all the new diseases when they came out to the point that we didn't really believe she was having problems.

BTW, I just love teasing you with the "Tiffany"
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: Cassi on March 31, 2018, 04:34:24 PM
Thank you Tiffany! 
It's appreciated.  My niece who started all this yesterday and has always been my number 1 supporter has been kinda quiet since yesterday.  I don't know if she was drunk or someone gave her bad info or what.  My sister's daughter like I said was blown away when I asked her last night.

In all honesty, while I love both my sisters dearly, this one seem to get all the new diseases when they came out to the point that we didn't really believe she was having problems.

BTW, I just love teasing you with the "Tiffany"

She could have just panicked I have seen it lots of times myself.  I do wish she get better soon I hope the best for her.
And Yes I figured that so do all the girls at work and the guys too I am just Easy........
  •