Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thessa

My hopefully soon Ex Wife said, when talking about her masculine features and behaviour: "This is who I am, I can't change that!" But still tells me that I *made the choice* to become a woman. Her facial expression showing such extreme disgust, that I want to jump and claw at that face.

She just doesn't want to understand and then wonders and is pissed that I treat her like she treats me.

Like a friend of her already said a few years ago, she became narrow minded. I'm wondering how narrow it can become?

I would be so glad to just remove that person from my life altogether but it's not possible due to our daughter and I'm worried about that.

Thanks for letting me vent...

Gesendet von meinem SM-N915FY mit Tapatalk

•  

Michelle_P

I'm still cranky about that nurse constantly misgendering me at the hospital, even with my record tagged with my name and gender identification, and after I corrected her.

Being tethered with this damn catheter isn't helping, either.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Dee Marshall

I should be happy, right? I found a great nail polish, it's almost the color of watermelon. I found $20 in my purse while cleaning it out. Just one bad dream that points out a bad possibility that I've been trying not to think about because I can't affect the outcome has me in a funk. I think I'm too sensitive.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

King Malachite

Broken heart, and I don't make enough money to qualify for Medicaid..
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Michelle_P

I'm still tethered, wife and daughter here in the house full-time now as neither is working, and I can't be myself at all (I'm out, but it would be a violation of The Rules here).  It's really starting to get to me. :(
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Thessa

Heart broken because of the hurt and anger my daughter is experiencing due to the separation.

I's almost 11pm her and we had a lot of screaming and crying. 😢

Gesendet von meinem SM-N915FY mit Tapatalk

•  

WarGrowlmon1990

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 30, 2016, 10:46:03 PM
I'm still tethered, wife and daughter here in the house full-time now as neither is working, and I can't be myself at all (I'm out, but it would be a violation of The Rules here).  It's really starting to get to me. :(

That's pretty much where I'm at now too. I'm not out to my step-daughter yet because my partner and the few people that know are set in their ways and believe it would confuse and hurt her. Meanwhile I know that 7 is a very open-minded age. It hurts that I probably won't be able to tell her the truth until the transphobic and homophobic values of cis-het society get drilled into her head. What hurts even more is what my partner said about our sons. They're only 1 and 3 and my partner once told me something along the lines of "be prepared for them to resent you". It hurt worse than a slap in the face. I wish that everyone was kind and accepting of all people so nobody would have to feel the pain of their true self being denied.

Thinking about that and having flashbacks of the emotional abuse in my life has got me down today. It seems as if everyone who has been really close to me has been abusive in some aspect. My partner has been extremely jealous in the past and when he's had spurts of jealousy, he erases my pansexuality and trans identity, making me out to be a cisgender straight woman that's going to sleep with every cis man, non-passing trans woman, and passing trans man in sight. I've never cheated on him and this kind of erasure is extremely painful to deal with... it's why I still haven't made the effort to make any trans friends offline. The ironic, but not surprising thing about all this is my partner has actually cheated on me multiple times. He's gotten mad at me when I confronted him, he's come up with excuses sometimes, and has gotten angry and blamed me other times. He calls me names and makes fun of me when he gets mad. Lately I've been thinking that there have been more negative things than positive things in this relationship. Onto other "close relationships" -- my parents have both taken turns telling me I can tell them anything, then getting mad at me when I try to talk about things that have been bothering me. My mom tells me to "just shelf" my trans identity and that "there's a reason why people wait until they're old to transition". My dad has more in common with my partner than my partner would like to admit. He's kind when things are going good, but when he gets mad he sees red and doesn't hold back. He called me a "white trash retard" when he found out I was pregnant with my first son. When I tried exploring my identity when I was 15 in 2005, he made it out that me being trans would ruin my family's lives and reputations. Got shoved back in the closet for ten years and my dad probably still thinks it was "all just a phase". I'm gonna regret not coming out to him again if something happens to him before then. My sister who has been the most supportive and is one of my closest offline friends wasn't like that at all when we were kids. She'd bully me verbally and did everything she could to make me cry. She'd call me names, tell me how stupid I was when I'd ask questions. The weird thing is now she doesn't remember much of it. I however, remember a lot, but I wish I could forget. My partner sometimes says the same hurtful things my sister would say when he thinks I do/say something stupid.

I'm not sure if I feel any better after that vent. I got some stuff off my chest, but now I feel stupid, incompetent and like a waste of everyone's time. I'm struggling to survive this for my kids' sake. I want to raise them to be kind people who are accepting. And if any of them turn out to be trans, I've gotta be there to help them through the struggle. They certainly won't get that support from their dad or their grandparents...
  •  

Dee Marshall

You are not stupid! Nor are you incompetent! You have people trying to make something you can't help your fault, in some cases probably because they fear it's theirs. As to your cheating SO, cheaters often accuse their partners of cheating. It makes them feel less guilty.

Listen carefully. All of these people know exactly what buttons to push to get you to dance to their tune. They're not concerned about you, they're concerned about themselves. They want you to feel stupid and helpless so they can keep controlling you.

Sorry if that's a bit harsh. I see this happening to my trans siblings way too often. For anyone here who doubts, trans siblings are all of you.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

WarGrowlmon1990

Quote from: Dee Marshall on September 01, 2016, 12:29:21 PM
You are not stupid! Nor are you incompetent! You have people trying to make something you can't help your fault, in some cases probably because they fear it's theirs. As to your cheating SO, cheaters often accuse their partners of cheating. It makes them feel less guilty.

Listen carefully. All of these people know exactly what buttons to push to get you to dance to their tune. They're not concerned about you, they're concerned about themselves. They want you to feel stupid and helpless so they can keep controlling you.

Sorry if that's a bit harsh. I see this happening to my trans siblings way too often. For anyone here who doubts, trans siblings are all of you.

Thanks Dee. Your comment wasn't harsh at all, it made my day today. I've been trying to overcome this harder than ever for my kids' sake but some days are harder than others. I ended up having a calmer conversation with my partner about his jealousy and he seems to be opening his eyes more. It all started when we went to his friend's wedding a few weeks ago. That night was bad enough for me because I had to go back in the closet and wear a dress (I'm not out to everyone and he wanted to keep his reputation up). When I was talking to his cousin who is one of his best friends I looked at him for too long and that caused my partner's jealousy to rear its ugly head again -- after a whole year of no jealousy incidents. I'll admit that I can be just plain weird sometimes because of my social anxiety. Sometimes I straight up do not know how to interact with people. I can go from not making any eye contact at all to being a weirdo who does not break eye contact at all and awkwardly stares. I can see where my partner came from but at the same time we've had multiple conversations over this and he knows how awkward I can be. If I were a cis guy I'd be the awkward kid in school that girls would be too freaked out to talk to. It was the first time I really defended myself and I didn't beat around the bush or stay silent in defeat as I usually do. I told him that his feelings were because of his jealousy and that he wouldn't feel like that if he trusted me. Since we had that argument I felt like I was stuck in this situation and that he'd never change. But a couple days ago he told me that I can be friends with anybody as long as they're good with kids. I think me telling him how hurtful him not trusting me and me calling him out really got through to him. I can tell he's trying but he still misgenders me and I have a feeling that we may not be together in the long run. It might be sooner than later that it'll end because I really don't need to put up with any more emotional abuse. I went through enough of that with my parents. The difference between him and my parents is he seems to be actively trying and attempting to educate himself on this. My parents are set in their ways and my mom still insists that I never come out again to my dad. They're also the type to believe that they are always in the right, something that lots of emotional abusers seem to think.

Today wasn't too emotionally draining, but I was having some major bladder flares which isn't much better. Having interstitial cystitis along with severe gender dysphoria isn't making this any easier. I also got a message from a friend on this site that was very concerning. It's as if when some of us start getting better, others start to languish. Any time I hear about another transgender person commiting suicide I feel helpless and guilty because I want to help this community and prevent lives from being lost. But it's impossible to help when you've got a chronic illness and no extra funds to help out. I still feel guilty for not donating to this forum yet.  :-\
  •  

Sno

Attempting to educate an RE teacher friend, who mis-pronoun'd Alexis Arquette, and complained that the articles and statements from her family had been mis-pronouning her...

Sno
  •  

V M

Remembering a dear friend on 9/11  :'( 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Victoria L.

School.

I'm eternally grateful to be back in college, and for the degree I really want. However, with my circumstances of being trans and not being able to do a single thing about it (I joined a decade ago and have been frozen all of that time), being in college and being in the music department is making me more dysphoric than I had to experience the last several years, and there's nothing I can do about it.

The Aural Theory professor (who I must note is a great professor with a very fun personality) divides up singing by sex a lot during class, and every single time it happens I am very close to being brought to tears, and I can't focus on singing or anything.

Yet I sit here knowing that there is not a single thing I can do. I can not even begin to think of transitioning, so my suffering is "shallow" and meaningless. He can't alter the way he does things for the one student in his class that is 'offended' and not even transitioning. And I wouldn't dare speak up because I'm just grateful to even be here, back in college.
  •  

VickyEU

Waking up with the sensation of have thrown away the last 10 years of my life, "lol".
  •  

Jenny07

Everything is annoying me at the moment.

Work I can't stand and I need to get out of there asap.
Hate all the managers as they are useless.
Never had any recognition for all the $ I have brought in or new product built.
All the wasted 1,000's of hours unpaid overtime over the years.
What for? absolutely nothing.
Sitting next to people who eat worse than pig and eat all day. Disgusting.
Have to work with other locations who refuse to work a minute longer and force us to overlap always to cover.

All in all I hate life at the moment. >:( >:( >:(
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

mac1

Quote from: Virelai on September 19, 2016, 10:16:07 PM
School.

I'm eternally grateful to be back in college, and for the degree I really want. However, with my circumstances of being trans and not being able to do a single thing about it (I joined a decade ago and have been frozen all of that time), being in college and being in the music department is making me more dysphoric than I had to experience the last several years, and there's nothing I can do about it.

The Aural Theory professor (who I must note is a great professor with a very fun personality) divides up singing by sex a lot during class, and every single time it happens I am very close to being brought to tears, and I can't focus on singing or anything.

Yet I sit here knowing that there is not a single thing I can do. I can not even begin to think of transitioning, so my suffering is "shallow" and meaningless. He can't alter the way he does things for the one student in his class that is 'offended' and not even transitioning. And I wouldn't dare speak up because I'm just grateful to even be here, back in college.
It would be great if your singing voice was in the traditional female range; he would have to include you with the girls.
?
  •  

Fresas con Nata

Went to the GIC today. No real progress. Last time, 2 months ago, the guy (psychologist) gave me a test (MCMI-III) and today I returned it, filled in of course. Today he gave me a bit of homework, need to talk about my past sentimental relationships and blah blah.

Next appointment in FEBRUARY :(
  •  

Elis

Quote from: Fresas con Nata on October 24, 2016, 01:32:16 PM
Went to the GIC today. No real progress. Last time, 2 months ago, the guy (psychologist) gave me a test (MCMI-III) and today I returned it, filled in of course. Today he gave me a bit of homework, need to talk about my past sentimental relationships and blah blah.

Next appointment in FEBRUARY :(

Which GIC is it?
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Fresas con Nata

Quote from: Elis on October 24, 2016, 01:36:52 PM
Which GIC is it?

Ramón y Cajal hospital in Madrid, Spain. Yesterday I was angry, today I feel empty and depressed.
  •  

Elis

Quote from: Fresas con Nata on October 25, 2016, 11:19:15 AM
Ramón y Cajal hospital in Madrid, Spain. Yesterday I was angry, today I feel empty and depressed.

Sorry to hear that. Probably not what you want to hear but time will go so much faster than you think it will. Think about where you were a year ago and where you are now. My GIC appointment probably won't be until May so I understand the feeling of impatience and unhappiness.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

big kim

Went to a Harley owners group event, totally ignored like I was invisible. I was the only 1 who came on a bike though. A load of posers dressed up like Sons of Anarchy
  •