Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eryn T

I had been progressing step-by-step since the beginning, but I think today was the first time I took a step backwards.

I was in a department store in my dress, without makeup, and I nearly had a panic attack. Nothing happened, but I quickly retreated to my car to get my mask for security, and a cardigan because of my shoulders(also for security)
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_
  •  

V M

Sleep issues, stupid suicidal ideation gnawing at my brains again and some other somewhat related stuff
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: V M on May 26, 2018, 04:04:34 PM
Sleep issues, stupid suicidal ideation gnawing at my brains again and some other somewhat related stuff

*extra big hug*

You're worth more than that, Virginia. As bad as it gets, you're not alone. Never forget that.

I'm here if you want to talk, vent, cry, anything else. :)
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Sephirah on May 26, 2018, 06:06:22 PM
*extra big hug*

You're worth more than that, Virginia. As bad as it gets, you're not alone. Never forget that.

I'm here if you want to talk, vent, cry, anything else. :)

Yes, definitely! 
And Sephira I am sooo glad to see your post here - I hope that means you are recovering well from unexpectedly having to check back into the hospital.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Kendra on May 27, 2018, 04:49:22 AM
Yes, definitely! 
And Sephira I am sooo glad to see your post here - I hope that means you are recovering well from unexpectedly having to check back into the hospital.

I am, sweetie. Thank you. Still very sore, and very tired. But I'm still here, so that's something. :)

*big hugs*
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

SiobhánF

Knowing that I can't support this forum when it's in need. I tend to abstain from using it when support is lacking. :(
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Roll

I've been feeling like a terrible person all morning.

My cat is clearly severely diabetic (I assumed it was just him getting old at first, but other signs now show it is diabetes 100%), but I don't have the money to take him to the vet, much less buy insulin for the rest of his life. Or rather, the money I have is earmarked for transition costs and food reserves that needs to last the next two years. (Still haven't sold my complete game collection so don't have that cash either.)

I don't know what to do. He's around 17-18 (a little unclear if I got him pre 9/11 or just post), so he's been with me a long time. He used to be the cat that would sit with my mom all day keeping her company (and when she was getting sicker with the cancer, he would freak out and hate not being allowed to sleep with her because he would try to climb on top of her all night). Honestly, he might be the closest remaining connection I have with my mom.

Logically I feel like I should do nothing and let him just sort of live out the rest of his life as is, he's not in pain or anything (at least not yet), he seems perfectly happy just pees a ton and is really skinny after being super fat his whole life. Emotionally, I want to do everything in my power to help him live a longer (quality) life. I just... I don't know what to do. Certainly I know what I would do if money were no object, but then if money were no object I wouldn't be feeling the way I am to begin with. So the question I'm struggling with ultimately comes down to, do I spend potentially thousands of dollars prolonging his life (again, quality life not like him walking around sick and in pain) and set my transition back possibly years (odds are it will be out of my hair removal funds), or do I just sort of... let things be? And if I do, am I betraying him, and my own morality for doing so?
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Kendra

Ellie you are not terrible at all!  The words you just wrote show incredible compassion for a living animal, your pet and companion.  Your cat very likely would not have already lived such a long and comfortable life without the care and home you have provided.  The connection to your mom makes this even more emotionally difficult, but you have memories and experiences nobody can ever take away from you. 

You do need to take care of yourself.  If your cat can live comfortably with a sad terminal condition, you have already done the best thing possible.  Medical intervention may help but is second-best to what you have already done - by providing love. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Eryn T

I've gotten about 6 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours, so now I have a sore throat and can't use my voice very well.
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

•  

Eryn T

If it's me again, then that's a good thing! lol <3 you all

Well, what made me unhappy is my wife told me a dream she had this morning, and basically compared transwomen to the guy from Silence of the Lambs...

•  

Amaki

I'm trying to cut all the dead weight from my life, but in the case for today that also means my best friend (her step-brother is dead weight and very toxic) but im hoping it'll only be temporary but for now I wont be able to stay in contact. On a slim but happier note I intend to go to the psychiatrist or 'mental health' doctor at the va on thursday as a walk in so ^^;
If life is too short for what ifs, than way do they always strike at the worse times.

Most people are worried about burning bridges, but forget about the consistent fire that burns on the roads we walk

In the end we only regret the chances we didnt take. -Lewis Carroll

Feel free to call me Sophia Lee if you want

The journey may not be new but its a new journey.

16 Apr 2018 - Start of a new chapter
8 Jun 2018- VA is working with me to move forward
11 Jul 2018 - consultation with Psych doctor
14 Jul 2018 - Dad confronted me...
7 Aug 2018 - Started HRT
25 Oct 2018 - Started Speech Therapy
24 Apr 2019 - Official name is Sophia Lee Bell

•  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Amaki on June 05, 2018, 11:22:54 PM
I'm trying to cut all the dead weight from my life, but in the case for today that also means my best friend (her step-brother is dead weight and very toxic) but im hoping it'll only be temporary but for now I wont be able to stay in contact. On a slim but happier note I intend to go to the psychiatrist or 'mental health' doctor at the va on thursday as a walk in so ^^;

Good and unfortunate news. I do hope you feel better soon. Also, if my eyes don't deceive me, I believe your avatar is reminiscent of the character Ed from Cowboy Bebop. I do so love her with all my heart. Best character out of the series, besides Ein. :3
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Allison S

It's my birthday and my mom and one of my sisters (I have 4 in total) are coming to take me out to lunch. But I feel sick to my stomach. My mom keeps telling me I'll regret what I'm doing (being on hrt essentially). I just want to be accepted and I'm thinking I shouldn't have agreed to let them come. I can't take another lecture I really think it'll drive me to the edge now...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Allison S on June 08, 2018, 10:56:08 AM
It's my birthday and my mom and one of my sisters (I have 4 in total) are coming to take me out to lunch. But I feel sick to my stomach. My mom keeps telling me I'll regret what I'm doing (being on hrt essentially). I just want to be accepted and I'm thinking I shouldn't have agreed to let them come. I can't take another lecture I really think it'll drive me to the edge now...

It can be difficult to tell moms to STFU, but sometimes they need to hear it.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Allison S on June 08, 2018, 10:56:08 AM

@Allison S 
Dear Allison:  I have been pondering your good news/bad news reply here and first and foremost about the good news, be happy and thankful that your immediate family members want to help you celebrate your birthday...  by the way...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you !!!  :icon_birthday:  :icon_clap:  :icon_dance: ...

Now, about your reported bad news and feelings of distress regarding your mother.   I really think that parents, perhaps especially mothers, can have the most difficult time accepting that the son that they birthed is now becoming a woman.  I think that we need to understand that her reservations and concerns about your transition are rooted in the love for you as her child, then of course there may be other issues that are on her mind like her predetermined social constraints.....  my final thought, she is your mother, she always will be your mother, you need to continue loving her unconditionally as she does you.  Continue to respect and to love her and to be there for her as she gets older.   
.....I speak from experience as you may have read on my thread and other comments that I have made elsewhere...  my mom and dad, still, after 4 years after I announced my transitioning, hardly talk to me, still don't accept my transition, and it was only 6 months ago during my Christmas time phone call to my family that she ended the call by calling me Danielle... that was the very first time that anyone in my family or my old long term friends I ever heard any of them call me by my female name.   The hurt is there, I know about that kind of hurt, but my advice about how we should deal with our parents is still valid.

Hang in there girl, and have a nice birthday celebration...
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Devlyn on June 08, 2018, 11:11:02 AM
It can be difficult to tell moms to STFU, but sometimes they need to hear it.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn

Lol [emoji23]

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 08, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
@Allison S 
Dear Allison:  I have been pondering your good news/bad news reply here and first and foremost about the good news, be happy and thankful that your immediate family members want to help you celebrate your birthday...  by the way...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you !!!  :icon_birthday:  :icon_clap:  :icon_dance: ...

Now, about your reported bad news and feelings of distress regarding your mother.   I really think that parents, perhaps especially mothers, can have the most difficult time accepting that the son that they birthed is now becoming a woman.  I think that we need to understand that her reservations and concerns about your transition are rooted in the love for you as her child, then of course there may be other issues that are on her mind like her predetermined social constraints.....  my final thought, she is your mother, she always will be your mother, you need to continue loving her unconditionally as she does you.  Continue to respect and to love her and to be there for her as she gets older.   
.....I speak from experience as you may have read on my thread and other comments that I have made elsewhere...  my mom and dad, still, after 4 years after I announced my transitioning, hardly talk to me, still don't accept my transition, and it was only 6 months ago during my Christmas time phone call to my family that she ended the call by calling me Danielle... that was the very first time that anyone in my family or my old long term friends I ever heard any of them call me by my female name.   The hurt is there, I know about that kind of hurt, but my advice about how we should deal with our parents is still valid.

Hang in there girl, and have a nice birthday celebration...
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

It was fine. Thanks, Danielle

•  

TonyaW

So for Tonya's "first" birthday, this is the  card I got from dad.  

He also addressed it to my full former name.

I had told him when the court date for my name change was (March 21) so he knew.

The last time I can remember him writing or calling me anything other than TJ was when he had to write out his children's names on the divorce papers he served my mom 40 years ago.  He spelled the middle name wrong then also. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Eryn T

Wow, Tonya...I'm so sorry!

That's an absolutely horrible thing for him to do!

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: TonyaW on June 11, 2018, 07:15:57 AM

I had told him when the court date for my name change was (March 21) so he knew.

The last time I can remember him writing or calling me anything other than TJ was when he had to write out his children's names on the divorce papers he served my mom 40 years ago.  He spelled the middle name wrong then also.

This just makes me sad. But as of March 21st you are Tonya.

Nothing he does will change that.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: TonyaW on June 11, 2018, 07:15:57 AM

>

Tonya I am sorry to hear this happened.  <big hug>.
If I received an envelope addressed this way in this situation, might mark it "Return to sender" and mail it back.
  •