News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I did get a nice card from my mom though, which more than made up for it. 
Quote from: Eryn T on June 11, 2018, 08:11:15 AM
Wow, Tonya...I'm so sorry!

That's an absolutely horrible thing for him to do!
Wasn't out of the realm of things I thought he might do, but he didn't at Christmas so it was disappointing at the least.
Quote from: Steph2.0 on June 11, 2018, 08:22:48 AM
This just makes me sad. But as of March 21st you are Tonya.

Nothing he does will change that.

Stephanie
I think I'll offer to send him a copy of the name change order in case he didn't understand what the court date I told him about was for.  I know he did, though.
Quote from: Kendra on June 11, 2018, 09:24:23 AM
Tonya I am sorry to hear this happened.  <big hug>.
If I received an envelope addressed this way in this situation, might mark it "Return to sender" and mail it back.
Kendra,

I did consider that for at least a hour before I decided I had to open it and see what other insult I might find.  I will try to use my Fathers Day note for a teaching moment, which will definitely include letting him know anything else addressed that way will be returned unopened. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: TonyaW on June 11, 2018, 06:22:27 PM
...I think I'll offer to send him a copy of the name change order in case he didn't understand what the court date I told him about was for.  I know he did, though.

Instead of a Father's Day card send him a baby announcement,, "It's a Girl!" and put the copy in that.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

V M

Gnarly migraine headache  :P  Think I'll go lay down awhile
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

MollyPants

I had an exam yesterday which was quite stressful. My partner also mentioned she really wants to go on holiday to the Carribbean which I feel is a bit off limits for me as I don't think I'd feel safe there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

IamJoannaAndJohn

didn't get much sleep

got caught by my mother in women's undergarments (bra/panty). huge argument ensued.......at 4 am...before heading off to work. was the usual 'kick you out of the house' threats, etc etc

people at work overreacting to my tight long sleeves accentuating my bra/breasts (3 months HRT)

stormy weather is always gloomy for me when i'm not home so it pretty much exacerbated everything

nobody to turn to for support/guidance

the usual overreacting/aversion reactions from people in public

i think it's the first two that really did it for me. the rest are actually my daily happenings and i don't mind them whatsoever but this time it just got to me
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: IamJoannaAndJohn on June 12, 2018, 07:41:15 AM
didn't get much sleep

got caught by my mother in women's undergarments (bra/panty). huge argument ensued.......at 4 am...before heading off to work. was the usual 'kick you out of the house' threats, etc etc

people at work overreacting to my tight long sleeves accentuating my bra/breasts (3 months HRT)

stormy weather is always gloomy for me when i'm not home so it pretty much exacerbated everything

nobody to turn to for support/guidance

the usual overreacting/aversion reactions from people in public

i think it's the first two that really did it for me. the rest are actually my daily happenings and i don't mind them whatsoever but this time it just got to me

I feel you. I go through the overreaction/aversion in my own house, so I become reclusive in my little room and work up the courage to come out again. I'm making strides to do various things outside the house in order to counter my lack of confidence and my discomfort with other people.
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

IamJoannaAndJohn

Quote from: SiobhánF on June 12, 2018, 12:12:07 PM
I feel you. I go through the overreaction/aversion in my own house, so I become reclusive in my little room and work up the courage to come out again. I'm making strides to do various things outside the house in order to counter my lack of confidence and my discomfort with other people.

thanks for replying, miss :D

i do find myself wanting to go out more really. as harsh and unforgiving society may be i really am starting to find that appeal to flaunt it and let haters hate. i dunno why but i find it quite esteem/confidence boosting. not always but most of the time.....oh and shopping :D
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: IamJoannaAndJohn on June 12, 2018, 01:12:52 PM
thanks for replying, miss :D

i do find myself wanting to go out more really. as harsh and unforgiving society may be i really am starting to find that appeal to flaunt it and let haters hate. i dunno why but i find it quite esteem/confidence boosting. not always but most of the time.....oh and shopping :D

I'm not there yet, honestly. I'm barely making it through drive thru interactions, but I'm nearly to the point of getting out and into stores to make purchases. One step at a time. :)
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

4A-GZE

I broke up with my girlfriend.... while we were in Ireland. I'm a terrible person.
  •  

Allison S

I'm just sad. My face is very swollen from laser and it takes 3 days to all go away. That with my short hair I look like a man. And not even a good looking one (anymore). Part of me feels like I should've kept embracing myself before hrt and wanting to transition. I don't know what's really changed. As far as dating, I used to meet a lot of hot tall men before too. Now I'm just a weirdo, especially with a swollen face [emoji20]

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

PollyQMcLovely

Quote from: Allison S on June 13, 2018, 08:25:43 AM
I'm just sad. My face is very swollen from laser and it takes 3 days to all go away. That with my short hair I look like a man. And not even a good looking one (anymore). Part of me feels like I should've kept embracing myself before hrt and wanting to transition. I don't know what's really changed. As far as dating, I used to meet a lot of hot tall men before too. Now I'm just a weirdo, especially with a swollen face [emoji20]

This post is what made me sad today. Allison is about as pretty as they come and the most positive person you'll ever meet so if she's this hard on herself than what chance do the rest of us have.
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: PollyQMcLovely on June 13, 2018, 08:54:02 AM
This post is what made me sad today. Allison is about as pretty as they come and the most positive person you'll ever meet so if she's this hard on herself than what chance do the rest of us have.
Allison, Polly, we're women. When it comes to our own looks we see a full glass as half empty.

I came out as trans to an acquaintance while talking about a Pride event the other day. She knows a lot of trans men and women but was totally shocked by me. We often do better than we think we do.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: PollyQMcLovely on June 13, 2018, 08:54:02 AM

Your face and body is a lot smaller than I am. We're the same height but I'm broader overall... Plus I'm a bit further on hrt right now. Trust me in a year or 2, you'll be "as pretty as they come". I've seen your progress in the past couple of months and I'm in awe by you.
I'm stuck in a rut right now. I didn't intend for anyone to take what I shared so negatively, especially NOT towards themselves. There's no need to compare, even though we know each other in person, it's unhelpful. And I know I'm being hypocritical because that's exactly what I did...

•  

PollyQMcLovely

Quote from: Allison S on June 13, 2018, 09:17:45 AM
Your face and body is a lot smaller than I am. We're the same height but I'm broader overall... Plus I'm a bit further on hrt right now. Trust me in a year or 2, you'll be "as pretty as they come". I've seen your progress in the past couple of months and I'm in awe by you.
I'm stuck in a rut right now. I didn't intend for anyone to take what I shared so negatively, especially NOT towards themselves. There's no need to compare, even though we know each other in person, it's unhelpful. And I know I'm being hypocritical because that's exactly what I did...

Maybe you just need glasses, here's an HD pic of me:

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Dee Marshall on June 13, 2018, 08:59:35 AM
Allison, Polly, we're women. When it comes to our own looks we see a full glass as half empty.

I came out as trans to an acquaintance while talking about a Pride event the other day. She knows a lot of trans men and women but was totally shocked by me. We often do better than we think we do.

@Dee Marshall    You are absolutely correct in stating that "We often do better than we think we do."   
We are indeed our worst critics...
That was neat and certainly quite affirming for you when you said that your acquaintance that you came out to was shocked....   that should boost your self-confidence a notch or two I would think.

Beautiful cis-women are a good example of being their own worst critics....  they look in the mirror and see all kinds of issues that no one else even notices and may not even be there.

My solution, ban all mirrors and all cameras.  LOL  :)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts...
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Thessa

I realized today that tomorrow is my first divorce anniversary. I know that I'm much better without her but I still can't get over the broken family issue and that I was not able to make it. I know that I married and got kids for the wrong reasons and therefore it's my fault. Still it hurts...

I have a lot of trust issues and although I often think that it would be nice to have someone special in my life I can't get myself to start dating again.

So I try to keep myself busy with work and fixing all the broken things around the house. The only thing I can't fix is obviously me.
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Allison S on June 13, 2018, 09:17:45 AM

I'll give you one better. Without a wig or makeup, I look like a total man.  Especially so when I don't wear typically feminine clothing. And, I'm tall: 6'2". And I have broad shoulders. And I've got male pattern baldness (though, not as severe as to say that there is no hair, but I get comments all the time). I hate my face the most. The only thing helping me through most of this is the subtle changes that I notice each week. Small insignificant changes that others wouldn't notice, but are significant to me.

•  

Allison S

Quote from: PollyQMcLovely on June 13, 2018, 09:31:05 AM
Maybe you just need glasses, here's an HD pic of me:

Well I was just referring to my own experience right now and what I'm going through.
It may not be your intent, but your response kind of makes me not to make another post.
At the end of the day anything that I post about myself has nothing to do with anyone else and their journey.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

SiobhánF

I hear ya loud and clear, Allison.

•  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: TonyaW on June 11, 2018, 07:15:57 AM
So for Tonya's "first" birthday, this is the  card I got from dad. 

He also addressed it to my full former name.

I had told him when the court date for my name change was (March 21) so he knew.

The last time I can remember him writing or calling me anything other than TJ was when he had to write out his children's names on the divorce papers he served my mom 40 years ago.  He spelled the middle name wrong then also.

I absolutely understand this but maybe it was just naivety? Doesn't seem like it was malicious at all.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •