Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hair loss after hrt

Started by Waex, January 30, 2016, 04:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waex

Hi. I started hormones two weeks ago and I'm still losing my hair more than ever. How long does it take for your hair to stay on your head?
"You gotta take life cereal baby!" TDM
  •  

Ms Grace

This is not uncommon and is caused by the change in the body's hormonal balance. I can't really give you an idea of when it might settle down, I suspect it is different for everyone.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Roni

Does anyone know much HRT really helps with hair? I'm very inconsistent with HRT... I take hormones for a few weeks and then forget to refill my prescription, procrastinate and don't take pills for weeks, even months. Knowing whether HRT is thoroughly effective to combat my male-pattern-baldness might motivate me to actually stick with the hormone regimen..
On the wild journey to self-discovery. Free yourself.
  •  

Roni

Quote from: Waex on January 30, 2016, 04:46:23 AM
Hi. I started hormones two weeks ago and I'm still losing my hair more than ever. How long does it take for your hair to stay on your head?

Waex, personally HRT didn't help me much with my hair, but yet again I've only consistently stayed on HRT for maybe 6 months at the longest, which might not have been long enough. I too am curious about thoughts from people on this forum.
On the wild journey to self-discovery. Free yourself.
  •