Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Kansas Bill Would Pay Students A $2,500 Bounty To Hunt For Trans People In Bathr

Started by suzifrommd, March 23, 2016, 07:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

Kansas Bill Would Pay Students A $2,500 Bounty To Hunt For Trans People In Bathrooms

BY Zack Ford MAR 22, 2016 4:10 PM

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/03/22/3762490/kansas-transgender-ransom-bathrooms/

With only two weeks left in the Kansas legislation session, state lawmakers have introduced a pair of bills that would prohibit transgender students from using restrooms that match their gender. The "Student Physical Privacy Act" would apply not only to public schools, but all public universities in the state as well, guaranteeing that anyone who saw someone transgender in the bathroom could sue their school for $2,500 for every time that it happened.

The complementary bills (SB 513 and HB 2737) declare in no uncertain terms that transgender students are going to harm other students just by using the same facility alongside them. "Allowing students to use restrooms, locker rooms and showers that are reserved for students of a different sex will create potential embarrassment, shame, and psychological injury to students," they read.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

AnonyMs

I so often feel like I'm reading about some 3rd world country these days, not the USA.

I can't understand the contrasts.
  •  

SophieD

Kansas.  Hmmm.  I always thought Dorothy was much better off in Oz.
  •  

traci_k

Traci Melissa Knight
  •  

SophieD

•  

Colleen M

Sounds like my wife and I need to go get some more education.  Financing it should be pretty easy if she gets $2500 every time we go to the bathroom together.
When in doubt, ignore the moral judgments of anybody who engages in cannibalism.
  •  

Amy1988

•  

Allykitty82

This is sad, and just one of many reasons I most likely wont be moving back to Kansas. I'm mildly embarrassed to even claim it as home.
  •