Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 2.0

Started by kittenpower, March 18, 2016, 02:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amberwaves

After fighting with the medical community for months i finally am being treated for the, previously undiagnosed but very apparent, ADHD that I suffer from.  Having tried all nonstimulant options, to much side effect chagrin, my Dr finally prescribed me Adderall.  On a day when I was cranky tired and didn't even want to fight about it.  No issues with insurance about it.  I went to the pharmacy expecting to hear about it awaiting prior authorization, and was told, "oh we have it ready for you." I haven't been so excited to take a pill since I first received estradiol.

Also, my wife complimented my hair, which never happens.  Life just wants me to have a good day it seems.  Who am I to argue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

•  

Denise

Quote from: Dee Marshall on September 14, 2017, 07:57:13 PM
... removed for visibility ...

OH WOW!  I thought I worked for wonderful people.  This is amazing.  This is the type of company I want to give ALL of my business.  Is the company something that we can support as consumers either in person or on-line?
1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Denise on September 15, 2017, 12:44:44 PM
OH WOW!  I thought I worked for wonderful people.  This is amazing.  This is the type of company I want to give ALL of my business.  Is the company something that we can support as consumers either in person or on-line?
Sadly no. We provide support services for people with traumatic brain injuries. The men I talked about are both doctors of psychology.

:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!

Think outside the voice box!

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Jessica

Hi girls 🙋🏼  I've been happy two days in a row!  Today I shaved my mustache off.  It was virgin hair.  My upper lip hasn't seen sunlight in 50 years.  To match my avatar all I need is some fat to be added to my cheeks.  I think I'll be pretty. 
Smiles, Jessica 💁

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Jessica on September 15, 2017, 10:30:14 PM
Hi girls [emoji1384]  I've been happy two days in a row!  Today I shaved my mustache off.  It was virgin hair.  My upper lip hasn't seen sunlight in 50 years.  To match my avatar all I need is some fat to be added to my cheeks.  I think I'll be pretty. 
Smiles, Jessica [emoji136]
Those little steps are priceless aren't they[emoji4],  I hope your lip is enjoying the fresh air!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Denise

Quote from: Jessica on September 15, 2017, 10:30:14 PM
Hi girls 🙋🏼  I've been happy two days in a row!  ...

Jessica,

That's fantastic.  My sister called those "Bankable Days."  Those days you wish you could put away in a vault and when you are having a bad day you could withdraw one to turn the frown into a smile.  But after a few roller coaster hills I found myself committing to memory the feelings of those good days and the euphoria I was feeling.  When I would have a bad day I could stop what I was doing and draw upon those "banked days".  It sounds corny but for me it worked.

Remember those good days and those to come.  Eventually you'll get to 50:50 then eventually 99:1 on good:bad days.  I figure I'm at the 13:1 spot (one bad day per every two weeks.)

Keep it up - I'm routing for your team!
1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Megan.

This was last week,  but I wanted to share as I've now got the pictures!
A newly formed initiative called EDIS (equality,  diversity and inclusion in science and research)  had their innagural symposium in London. There were 250+ attendees from across the UK,  including yours truly up on stage as part of a panel on reverse diverse mentoring. I even squeezed into a dress for the occasion!

•  

KathyLauren

I love the pics, Megan.  You should post them in the Fabulous thread.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 16, 2017, 10:11:02 AM
I love the pics, Megan.  You should post them in the Fabulous thread.
Aww thank you hun,  but I'm only 3 months on HRT and a work still very much in progress! I'm confident in myself,  but don't see myself as either passable or even that feminine yet.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: meganjames2 on September 16, 2017, 10:14:54 AM
Aww thank you hun,  but I'm only 3 months on HRT and a work still very much in progress! I'm confident in myself,  but don't see myself as either passable or even that feminine yet.

Think again, Megan. Of course, still pictures don't tell the whole story, but we're our own worst critics, so take Kathy's word for it. You look great; I'm envious.

And thank you for putting yourself out there and representing us!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 16, 2017, 10:31:02 AM
Think again, Megan. Of course, still pictures don't tell the whole story, but we're our own worst critics, so take Kathy's word for it. You look great; I'm envious.

And thank you for putting yourself out there and representing us!

Stephanie
Steph,  thank you,  it's hard to see past our old selves.

•  

DawnOday

Went to the electrologist and am 300 hairs closer to my goal. 10,200 down, 10,000 to go.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Dee Marshall

Changed our phone company and reduced our cost by 50-70%.

Also: noticed that fewer and fewer of my posts in this thread have anything to do with being trans.

:

Think outside the voice box!

•  

Artesia

Went to a Warhammer 40K tournament as Claire. ;D  Got my tush handed to me in every game, came in dead last.  Why was that a happy thing you might ask? Well, I was me, in a public forum around 30+ gamers, and only 1 used he, all the remaining 30 either used ma'am or no pronouns, and all but my best friend used Claire.  He is still getting used to the name, so I forgive him.  One person even said that another player "almost lost to a girl". ;D ;D :icon_joy:  It was a pleasant experience, and I even managed to stay using my feminine voice for most of the day.  All told about 13 hours of my girl voice, longest stretch, only willingly breaking it at lunch alone with my friend, mostly for comfort, I know I dropped a time or two, but they were polite and didn't mention it.  Now I've got to take a few days off from speaking at all, my throat is uncomfortable, I may have over did it a touch.  Drinking a lot of water, any suggestions for easing a sore throat?

The only real bummer part, my makeup started to melt off, lots of windows at this place, and the sun was beating through them, onto gamer skin, yeah not good.  I know I need to get a better makeup so sweat doesn't pull it off.  At least I don't sweat like a guy, my gamer funk is a touch less now.

All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Artesia on September 16, 2017, 11:37:07 PM
from speaking at all, my throat is uncomfortable, I may have over did it a touch.  Drinking a lot of water, any suggestions for easing a sore throat?

Try Throat Coat tea. I use it when my voice gets sore from extended use / practice. Congrats on using your voice that long!

The only real bummer part, my makeup started to melt off, lots of windows at this place, and the sun was beating through them, onto gamer skin, yeah not good.

It burns usss!!  ;D
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

OutsideMe

My wife and I went shopping. She helped let me know what looked okay and what didn't. Afterwards she said she had fun  and is glad to have someone to shop with. I let her know I had a lot of fun as well.
- Danielle
  •  

Dani2118

I talked to some friends of mine today that I haven't seen in a couple of months. I was a little worried about their reaction to me now, but it was just a blip in the conversation! Made my day!
I finally get to be me, and I don't want today to be my last! That's a very nice feeling.  ;D ;D ;D
  •  

Jacqueline

This topic has reached the end of this incarnation. However, it will continue as V3.0

Here is a link to the new one:

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,234097.0.html

Warmly,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•