Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Dr. Haben Triple Procedure; Update 14 Wks +4 Days!

Started by audreelyn, March 05, 2016, 06:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audreelyn

Hey everyone!!

So it's kinda been a tough ride. But, I've finally been able to go from an extremely weak whisper to being able to speak with volume again. I did these two videos below, and you can tell me what you think!

Audree
  •  

Katie

Your voice sounds like what I am familiar with. I have stated already that it took six months before my voice really came back and it is still healing to be honest.
  •  

Ritana

Hi there

If you want my honest opinion, your voice sounds quite deep actually but given the lengthy recovery time it has taken you, the pitch increasing process may not have started yet, and hopefully your voice will get much better in the next few months.

Hang in there!

Hugs,

Rita
A post-op woman
  •  

kwala

Audree I'm so happy you're finally seeing progress!

No, the pitch isn't that high but I don't think it matters at all if this is where it stays.  It sounds like a low, sexy woman's voice to me already!
  •  

jollyjoy

Hey Audreelyn, welcome back, great to see your update! I think your voice would definitely pass in public. The hoarseness in your voice will take a while to fully heal. I'm 5 months post-op and still dealing with this issue on most days, although the hoarseness is better compared to the 3 months mark. The good news is that Dr. Haben told me it will resolve on it's own 6-12 months after surgery, we'll just have to be super patient and wait it out. You look great by the way!
  •  

jollyjoy

Also, fyi, only use makeup on the scar on special occasions, Dr. Haben told me I shouldn't use concealer to cover it everyday.
  •  

audreelyn

Thanks everyone!! I'll settle for deep woman's voice. It's better than my deep man's voice. Lol.

I really am hoping that will resolve sooner than later. But this healing process has been rather tumultuous. I'm hoping I sound like Emma stone when this is done. But I can say that I was at 100 hertz and now I'm speaking between 185-240 hertz.

Oh I guess I should stop with using foundation on it.

Joy, did doctor Haben give you a reason??

Thanks ladies :)

Audree

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

•  

GeekGirl

Quote from: audreelyn on March 05, 2016, 10:12:44 PM
Thanks everyone!! I'll settle for deep woman's voice. It's better than my deep man's voice. Lol.

I really am hoping that will resolve sooner than later. But this healing process has been rather tumultuous. I'm hoping I sound like Emma stone when this is done. But I can say that I was at 100 hertz and now I'm speaking between 185-240 hertz.

Oh I guess I should stop with using foundation on it.

Joy, did doctor Haben give you a reason??

Thanks ladies :)

Audree

Hi Audree,

Even though your voice sounds deep, it rings very feminine, sort of like a Jodie Foster or Demi Moore type voice. I like it. I have this feeling that your pre-op voice (which I've never heard) probably sounded a lot like mine. On a good day, people wouldn't bat an eye at my voice, but on most days when I'm not trying, my voice just doesn't sound the way I want it to. What I've always hated was being considered "the pretty girl with the deep voice" because I know (or think) people are just saying I have a man's voice.

Clare
  •  

GeekGirl

Oh, by the way, Audree, here is what my neck looks like at about 2.75 years after Dr. Haben's surgery. You can still see the scar but it looks like it could be part of the fold of my neck.

•  

audreelyn

Hey Clare,

Thanks for the kind words, really helps!! Yes my old voice sounded like George Takei lite, and it was impossible for me to go anywhere and speak bc I hated the weird looks that said, ah this is really a man.

Your scar doesn't look bad at all!!

Sorry to hear that the surgery didn't work out, again, I really hope Dr H keeps his word, and you get your revision.

I don't know how you deal with it but I just absolutely couldn't transition before the man voice was taken away. You are really pretty from your profile pic. Keep us updated on what happens (:

Audree

•  

GeekGirl

Quote from: audreelyn on March 07, 2016, 09:12:21 AM
Hey Clare,

Thanks for the kind words, really helps!! Yes my old voice sounded like George Takei lite, and it was impossible for me to go anywhere and speak bc I hated the weird looks that said, ah this is really a man.

Your scar doesn't look bad at all!!

Sorry to hear that the surgery didn't work out, again, I really hope Dr H keeps his word, and you get your revision.

I don't know how you deal with it but I just absolutely couldn't transition before the man voice was taken away. You are really pretty from your profile pic. Keep us updated on what happens (:

Audree

Thanks Audree!

I replaced my profile pic with a yoga pic for various reasons, but rest assured it is me. You can do a search on my name and see all my yoga pics, aikido pics, foodie pics, etc.
  •  

audreelyn

Alright y'all.

Here's what I sent Dr. Haben--lemme know what you think :)

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0dJEqVifIWA

Audree
  •  

KayXo

I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

kwala

Quote from: audreelyn on March 29, 2016, 03:15:30 AM
Alright y'all.

Audree

Sounding great Audree! Thanks for the update.  Still a little hoarseness but you sound much better and very feminine.
  •  

GeekGirl

Quote from: audreelyn on March 29, 2016, 03:15:30 AM
Alright y'all.

Audree

Good stuff! Definitely have that Jodie Foster/Demi Moore sound!
  •  

KayXo

Quote from: GeekGirl on March 29, 2016, 04:27:58 PM
Good stuff! Definitely have that Jodie Foster/Demi Moore sound!

Always idolized Demi Moore, so pretty and her VOICE, wow! and one day, someone told me I looked like her...OMG! best day of my life..haha, maybe I should go back to wearing bangs  ;D. Just had to mention this...This is why I liked Audrey's voice, reminded me of Demi's.  ;)
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

jollyjoy

Sounds great, but still sounds somewhat hoarse/breathy. Since you're only at 3 months, you still have a long way to go until a full recovery. I'm at 6 months post-op, my voice is definitely stronger compared to my voice at the 3 months mark. The hoarseness is getting better for me as well, although it's not completely gone as of yet.
  •  

shelleyg

If I close my eyes and listen to the first two samples, yes, while technically *low*ish, you definitely have a feminine register. No question. When eyes opened, and taking in the whole package, you should be quite pleased.

Listening to the last sample sent to Dr. Haben, it sounds like you are on your way to having a sexy, sultry voice as others have commented. Obviously each case is unique, & their are ups/downs. However, you are well poised to have a very good result.

I haven't heard your original untrained voice, and that would be interested, especially for those considering the surgery, such as my self.

:)
Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
  •  

audreelyn

Quote from: shelleyg on March 30, 2016, 05:36:30 PM
If I close my eyes and listen to the first two samples, yes, while technically *low*ish, you definitely have a feminine register. No question. When eyes opened, and taking in the whole package, you should be quite pleased.

Listening to the last sample sent to Dr. Haben, it sounds like you are on your way to having a sexy, sultry voice as others have commented. Obviously each case is unique, & their are ups/downs. However, you are well poised to have a very good result.

I haven't heard your original untrained voice, and that would be interested, especially for those considering the surgery, such as my self.

:)

Hey thanks Shelley!! Thanks Kay!! I love that you love my voice. If this was facebook I would totally like your comment :D

I never used a trained voice for my original pipes because my voice was so deep.
Here's a taste:

Even with a trained voice I turned heads in the worst of ways--so this surgery has been the key for passing. I've been full time since the surgery and it has changed my quality of life in the best way possible.

I started off at about 100hz, and I've moved up about 70hz and... climbing, I hope.

Joy is absolutely right. Even at 3+ months now, my voice gets weak very easily. So talking for several stretches makes it exasperated and I have to be a little breathy to even maintain some clarity. Still, I welcome every new day because that just means continued healing and improvement. :)

Audree
  •  

Ritana

Audree,

You certainly sound better than in the last recording! I hope you'll continue to improve hun.
A post-op woman
  •