Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Are there any topics you would like to see covered in the wiki?

Started by 4years, June 14, 2005, 05:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4years

Are there any topics you would like to see covered in the wiki?

Feel free to list them here, but no promises! (=
  •  

beth_finallyme

i'm kinda suprised that there isn't a heading for depression in the wiki(unless i missed it). i know the subject is touched upon under other titles but depression is pretty common among the transgendered at some point in their lives.

beth
  •  

Terri-Gene

Good index, give my employer a CB rating of 100, but I already knew that from the ground floor.

Terri
  •  

borrowedTime

There's already a collection of movies.
It would be good to also have information on trans-related literature, art and music.
  •  

ILoveTSWomen

First, let me apologize for the poorly worded previous post. I hope no one was offended by my poor choice of words.

What I REALLY meant was articles anout dating between one transgendered person and a non-transgendered person.. Please  excuse that lame straight, heterosexual comment.. was posting in DUH mode I guess...

Dennis

[edit] Removed link. - Steph
  •  

Steph

Quote from: Kaelin on January 05, 2007, 01:38:40 AM
If it's not there already: hair removal

Hello Kaelin.

Check out this article on hair removal in our Wiki:

http://susans.org/wiki/Depilation

Steph
  •  

kalt

Please post more about spironolactone.

What are the methods of taking Spironolactone? I would more specifically like to know if it could be taken into the blood better through sublingual absorption after rinsing the mouth with a strong liquid like Listerine, or while doing cardiovascular exercise. Is it soluable with alcohol?
  •  

Lori

Quote from: kalt on October 14, 2007, 10:10:53 AM

What are the methods of taking Spironolactone? I would more specifically like to know if it could be taken into the blood better through sublingual absorption after rinsing the mouth with a strong liquid like Listerine, or while doing cardiovascular exercise. Is it soluable with alcohol?

Oh bleh!! I can barely keep them in my mouth long enough to swallow....lol.
"In my world, everybody is a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"

If the shoe fits, buy it in every color.
  •  

kalt

Quote from: Lori on October 14, 2007, 11:15:21 AM

Oh bleh!! I can barely keep them in my mouth long enough to swallow....lol.
I was planning on crushing it, putting a few drops of either VERY hot water or strong liquor on it and keepign it in my mouth for my 20 minute morning cardio.  It all depends, I suppose, on whether or not it's alcohol soluable.
  •  

Bobbie

What about a topic covering coming out to wives and partners of transsexuals?

Most of the ones already listed are for parents and family, and don't really give any info for married couples apart from whether or not to tell them you are a cross dresser.

I know its a difficult subject to cover, and there is no easy way, but maybe some ideas of do's and dont's would help.

Thank you

Bobbie

•  

Steph

Quote from: Bobbie on October 14, 2007, 12:49:55 PM
What about a topic covering coming out to wives and partners of transsexuals?

Most of the ones already listed are for parents and family, and don't really give any info for married couples apart from whether or not to tell them you are a cross dresser.

I know its a difficult subject to cover, and there is no easy way, but maybe some ideas of do's and dont's would help.

Thank you

Bobbie

Yes it is a difficult subject to cover as far as married folks coming out to their spouse but I'll have a look at it and see what we can come up with.

Steph

Posted on: October 14, 2007, 01:01:08 PM

Hello Kalt.

It is not our policy to provide advice on how to take medications, doses, and what they should be taken with.  These topics are best discussed with your family doctor or other medical proffesional.  However, all the sites that discuss spiro state that this medication should only be taken with water.  As far as I know spiro is only available in tablet form.

A site you may want to look at is:

http://www.drugs.com/spironolactone.html

Just remember that everything that is discussed on these sites relates to the use of spiro to treat conditions other than those experienced by TS women, and remember much of what you seek is easily found on the web.

Steph
  •