Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Collecting old military guns

Started by Kristy1234, May 05, 2016, 12:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylie1

Awesome load out!  And likewise!  I only ave about 40 rifles and around 10 pistols.  You'll like my M1a.  I have a sage battle cage with a cantelevered scope mount, a national match barrel, leupold tactical scope and bipod.  Rapid fire 7.62 with a tight MOA.. Good stuff!  Have you tried the trijicon ACOGs on the ARs yet?
  •  

kylie1

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on May 05, 2016, 07:28:56 PM
Mosin's are great the first four shots.  Then the pain nerves in your shoulder connect with your brain. :D
Lol, you nailed it!  Anything with a steel butt plate gets old really fast.  I think that's why the Germans suffered so much 8mm rounds with a steel butt plate.. Good luck!  :)
  •  

Kelly Girl

Quote from: kylie1 on June 21, 2016, 10:50:16 PM
Awesome load out!  And likewise!  I only ave about 40 rifles and around 10 pistols.  You'll like my M1a.  I have a sage battle cage with a cantelevered scope mount, a national match barrel, leupold tactical scope and bipod.  Rapid fire 7.62 with a tight MOA.. Good stuff!  Have you tried the trijicon ACOGs on the ARs yet?

Shot several AR Platforms with ACOG , even an AR 10 , never owned one personally . Never a huge AR fan , puny round , I'm an M1_Garand kinda Girl :-) Bigger is always better .
I schooled at Lassen , have been Gunsmith my whole life but don't do customers anymore 
We'll have to get together on e-mail and swap some pictures :-)
I got a Custom 1891 Ludwig Loewe Custom Mauser in Nickel Plate and Mannlicher stock , you'll drool :-)
Fun stuff :-)
You got some nice stuff too :-)

•  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Kelly Girl on June 21, 2016, 10:12:57 PM
LoL , yes , the Boys at the range , or my old Biker buddies .
If I would have presented TG MTF to my ole crew I would have been murdered . Not joking , I'm an old 81 Nomad .
Guns , we have everything from a 1740 Potzdam Musket too an HK MP5 , and and everything in between , its silly good :-)
My biggest turn on lately are my Cap and Ball Revolvers , 60 of those , and I got into premium high power air rifles too , RWS , HW stuff like that , 24 of those . One of my RWS Rifles wears a $1,400 Mark 4 Leapold if that tells you anything about this Girl :-)
Excellent to meet you !
Quote from: kylie1 on June 21, 2016, 10:50:16 PM

You two sound like my kind of people!  My collection is mostly old single shot youth type .22 rifles.  Those and about 20 S&W revolvers in both pre 1957 non model types and post 1957 with model numbers .  One of my S&W's is a 20s era 32.20WCF Hand Ejector that pairs with a 1904 vintage Winchester model 92 in 32.20WCF.  I think my favorite shooter outside of my Combat Commander is my Henry Golden Boy .22.  The lever action is like glass and it will handle shorts, longs and LRs.

Do either of you hand load?  Oh, and I use Trijicon Reflex sights on my ARs, especially on my .300 Blackout.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

kylie1

•  

Kelly Girl

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on June 21, 2016, 11:20:40 PM
You two sound like my kind of people!  My collection is mostly old single shot youth type .22 rifles.  Those and about 20 S&W revolvers in both pre 1957 non model types and post 1957 with model numbers .  One of my S&W's is a 20s era 32.20WCF Hand Ejector that pairs with a 1904 vintage Winchester model 92 in 32.20WCF.  I think my favorite shooter outside of my Combat Commander is my Henry Golden Boy .22.  The lever action is like glass and it will handle shorts, longs and LRs.

Do either of you hand load?  Oh, and I use Trijicon Reflex sights on my ARs, especially on my .300 Blackout.

Ha ! There are some cool girls around :-)
I do handload , but strictly for my Antiques , and mostly 32 Smith & Wesson long . I have a nice Allen break action revolver , 1870's ..
You got some nice S&W's , that's understated to say the least ! I usually don't mention anything gun in the LGBTQ anything for a couple reasons , but when I saw this thread I was shocked and elated ;-)
This may turn into the longest thread ever ! LoL

•  

SonadoraXVX

Reminds me and takes me down memory lane in my high school days. I drilled with a M14, in the USMC JROTC in the high school parking lot with my peers, never forgot that  feel of that rifle, compared to my military days with the M16A2, or any other rifle thereafter, except a Garand I once had and stupidly sold. Makes me think, I may sell some of my other stuff to buy a M1A, hmmm. We were the last regular units too in the USMC MP field who carried the M1911A1's, before they switched them out to the M9's nowadays the military carries. Yea, I too stay away from the weaponscraft talk and the lgbt and civvy community at large, with todays' political and legal climate. The two don't mix at all.
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

Kelly Girl

Tap any word in Blue and you can see the Mauser Album:-)

1891 Mauser , all my work :-)
7mm Belgian , big girl toy :-)
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Kelly Girl on June 23, 2016, 08:34:59 PM
Well then that's a pretty broken system if it only works right for staff , yes , I said it :-)
Call it a recruiting tool. I have a whole bunch of other fancy buttons that do all sorts of wild things that you don't have.  :icon_2gun:
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Kelly Girl

Quote from: Dena on June 23, 2016, 08:40:30 PM
Call it a recruiting tool. I have a whole bunch of other fancy buttons that do all sorts of wild things that you don't have.  :icon_2gun:

LoL , good one , Tushe' :-)
  •  

Susan

images work fine for members but you have to link to the actual jpg file not a jpg.html which is a display page and not a image. Some providers also block offsite referers from loading their images.

To link to an image

[img]https://www.susans.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Susans-Place-Logo.jpg[/img]

Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Here we go.

1903 Springfield Mark 1, .270, double set trigger and tapered barrel similar to a Shilen #7.  Notice the opening in the left side of the receiver.  It was the ejection port for the Pedersen device which was an attempt to make the rifle semi-automatic.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

Sarah_Evelyn

I did not expect to see a post like this on here. It's reassuring i'm not that crazy. I do collect also. haven't got anything lately but below is my collection.
Italian 6.5x52mm Model 38 Fucile Modello 91/38 Carcano
British Enfield No. 4 Mk I
Japanese Arisaka 7.7×58mm Type 99
French MAS 36 (rechambered to 7.62)
Turkish 8x57 Mauser model 38

•  

kylie1

You're in good company Daniellek74 :). I'm glad to see so many old rifles.  I've never met so many antique gun owners.  I'll have to post some photos of my own.
  •  

kylie1

And nice rifle Kelly girl!
Do you gals recognize this one?
  •  

SonadoraXVX

To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

Susan

I removed several posts which brought politics in this thread. The topic is the hobby of collecting old military guns. This is not the place to talk about the politics of guns, open carry, concealed carry, gun control (if you are in favor of it or not), etc. Take topics like that to another web site that is better suited to it.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Danni98

Love that mannlicher stock kelly girl. At one time I had over 100 various guns, Mosins, mausers, enfields, gew 1888's, vz52's vz52's, k31's k96/11's, carcano's, even had a semi auto 1919 and a auto ordnance 1928. But caring for all of them got tiring and I traded them off for old revolvers. Now I'm down to a 28/30 a finned m91, m39, couple m44's, k98 and a m48. and all the rest are black rifles or old .32 caliber revolvers, I love 32's their so cheap to reload.
  •